TUCR Recommendation

• Brennon Nielson

im looking at getting a TUCR this season. I fish pretty much strictly trout in Utah. any recommendations on what model to steer towards? average size is 2-5lbs or smaller but bigger fish are a possibility. ive been leaning towards the “Precision” 28″ rod

tucrs
    NW Metro

I would go with a Precision rod. They are soft enough to take the headshakes of a trout. But if you are hole hopping a 32″ might work a lot better. The added length gives you a better feel on the trout too. They can turn pretty quick.

Brennon Nielson

Thanks a bunch man! its hard to make a decision without even feeling the rod! Thanks again!!

tucrs
    NW Metro

You are welcome. Let me know if you need anything else.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Brennon be careful. I never tried heroin but I believe TUCR’s are probably more addicting.

Brennon Nielson

i can only imagine. lol my ugly stiks are gonna feel like crap after using a TUCR!

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Hey Brennon, I would second the Precision model. I’ve caught lots of rainbows out west with mine (up to about 8 lbs). I would shoot for a longer version than the 28″ if you mostly fish outside. Look at the 32″ or even the 36″. The 36″ just fishes so nice while hole hopping.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

36″ precision would be a hole hopping dream for trout

Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

Anybody have any pics of their rods with the EVA split grips? I ordered a 32″ precision noodle and a 36″ Bullwhip, both with EVA split grips. Rods won’t be here for a couple more weeks and I’d like to see what those grips look like! Thanks!

Randy Rowell
    Rockland Wi

I have a Bullwhip with EVA split grip.I’m in Rockland Wi if you would like to see it and handle it.
    Randy

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

32″ precision noodle 36″ fruit stick bullwhip

Brennon Nielson

Brennon be careful. I never tried heroin but I believe TUCR’s are probably more addicting.

haha you are definately right!! i got my first rod and tried it out on Friday and now im already trying to figure out what rod to get next!! they are amazing rods!! anybody that has any doubt, doubt no more!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.