Tucr problem

• andrew keller

I had a 32in tucr pp and after a couple times use I noticed the cork was cracked around where the blank went into the handle. I contacted tucr and they said they would fix it under warranty which customer service was great by the way. I actually was able to return it for a new one where I bought the rod from and after two times out with the new one it is again cracked. Can feel the play in it when setting hook and is really anoying. I will send this one in and get it fixed because even with that I absolutely love the rod but has anyone else had this issue? Really don’t want it to happen again. Split grip handle with a sienna 500 reel 8lb line

tucrs
    NW Metro

Are you using bands? I am just wondering not trying to start anything. We have had very few issues with cork cracking.

andrew keller

The first one I was ususing bands the second one I tapped on.

tucrs
    NW Metro

The first one I was ususing bands the second one I tapped on.

Just wondering. Thank you.

Should not be cracking either way. I will msg you for more details.

Ryan Wilson

I own three TUCR’s (Bullwhip and two Precision Noodles), the oldest being 3 years, and I haven’t experienced any cork issues. I only use electrical tape. I wonder if it could be a humidity issue from wherever you purchase the rod from?

I think having TUCR being the first reply to this thread says a lot for TUCR’s customer service! I’ve never seen the quality of care that TUCR shows their customers in another business. I’m sorry to hear about your rod and hopefully TUCR can work out something that will get you back on the ice.

milemark_714

If it was me,I would try the EVA split grip.Unless you are a die-hard cork guy,like I used to be.

andrew keller

Tucr service is unreal. I talked to John yesterday after we talked on here and we got everything worked out so I will be back in action with a new rod to anyone looking at getting a tuned up don’t let this scare you their rods are amazeing and customer service is even better

shady5

Tucr service is unreal. I talked to John yesterday after we talked on here and we got everything worked out so I will be back in action with a new rod to anyone looking at getting a tuned up don’t let this scare you their rods are amazeing and customer service is even better

Couldn’t agree more. I have 2 PN’s and an Apex open water from them and all are awesome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.