Tucr Precision

• Jason Guthmiller

The other day I was at scheels looking for some tackle sales and didn’t find any but I started looking at the tucr rods. A $117 and fifteen minutes later I had a split grip 28″ precision. I can not believe the feel of this rod. Caught around 60 perch with 15 being 12″ plus and never picked up another rod in 3.5 hrs. This thing is amazing from ul rippin raps to tiny slender spoons this thing had super response to every time a fish touched the bait. Only thing I can find wrong with it is when you look down the guides from the to the “TUCR P” is a little off to the left. Great job on designing this masterpiece. One question I have is do the recoil guides always make a fair amount of noise when the rod is loaded?

Dan Baker

The guides are I bit more noisy then guides with a ceramic insert p, especially if you’re running braid. But they are nearly indestructible.

Xbomber8X
    Sartell, MN

Absolutely love my tucr precision, great multi species rod!! It’s an absolute feather, have all the other top custom rods, only one that holds a candle is the perch sweetheart

jld
    Holmen

I think the most versatile rod they sell. It was the first rod I bought from them and I used it for a few years for everything…..bluegills, crappie, perch and walleye. it handled smaller tungsten jigs to 1/4 oz spoons and the smaller rippin and shad raps.

Jason Guthmiller

I noticed the line noise on the first fish and was just curious. All my other rods have either ceramic or polished stainless guides. I’m pretty sure the rest I buy will have recoils.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Opening up an old thread here… did a quick search and couldn’t find quite what I was looking for and didn’t want to start new one.

Received a Precision as a Christmas gift… Now for the reel? What all do you recommend? I’d prefer one that I can purchase at Scheel’s because I have some money to spend there….

Also curious if anybody has any recommendations on the size of the precision? I have a 28″, but kind of wanted a 32″. Most of my fishing is done hole hopping or in a portable. I’m a taller guy…

Dan Baker

I have a Pfluger President 20 on my precision. I also run a Okumar Ceymar 10 and a Shimano Sienna. In my opinion, the thing you really need to consider on a ice reel is a smooth drag and solid anti reverse. The 28″ and 32″ will behave the same, the longer would be easier for hole hopping, but the 28″ will work well.
    Dan

Christian Slick

Received a Precision as a Christmas gift… Now for the reel? What all do you recommend? I’d prefer one that I can purchase at Scheel’s because I have some money to spend there….

Drop the coin and go with a size 500 Sedona, Sahara, or NASCI from shimano. Available at Scheels and won’t regret them. They’ll last a lifetime too. Would also say go to a 32” or 34” if you have the option

Peterbob
    Menasha, WI

Opening up an old thread here… did a quick search and couldn’t find quite what I was looking for and didn’t want to start new one.

Also curious if anybody has any recommendations on the size of the precision? I have a 28″, but kind of wanted a 32″. Most of my fishing is done hole hopping or in a portable. I’m a taller guy…

I own the 36″ and it is amazing if you are standing and fishing. On bago you need to move a lot so I spend a lot of time outside shack!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.