TUCR from Cabelas

• Whateverbites

Cabelas has a few models on sale for around $80. hard price to pass up, except they say back-ordered with no ETA.
    Curious if anyone has ordered from there and how long it took to get it.

jld
    Holmen

I saw that today also and was going to pull the trigger on a Fusion but with this back order deal it will just be cancelled eventually I figured.

Whateverbites

I don’t expect it to be canceled, I don’t think they carry an inventory of them at Cabelas, and fill orders as they come in. (just a guess)

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

I’d guess a place like TUCR has a large surplus of rods this year with the lousy conditions and this is a quick way to unload inventory. The guy who builds my rods has so many left over compared to years past that he is essentially selling them for cost. He normally sells out by this time and is crazy busy filling orders. This year, hardly any orders.

Joe

I ordered one on Friday but haven’t received anything more than an order confirmation yet.

Ice Cap

I’d guess a place like TUCR has a large surplus of rods this year with the lousy conditions and this is a quick way to unload inventory. The guy who builds my rods has so many left over compared to years past that he is essentially selling them for cost. He normally sells out by this time and is crazy busy filling orders. This year, hardly any orders.

If you go to TUCR web page and view the rods in stock section they are sold out of nearly everything. I bought a TUCR Deadstick from Reeds a few weeks ago as they had the length and grip that I wanted and I didn’t want to wait to have one built with custom colors etc. I did see they had a couple Fusion’s in stock at their web site jld maybe they have the length and grip you are looking for.

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>al-wichman wrote:</div>

If you go to TUCR web page and view the rods in stock section they are sold out of nearly everything. I bought a TUCR Deadstick from Reeds a few weeks ago as they had the length and grip that I wanted and I didn’t want to wait to have one built with custom colors etc. I did see they had a couple Fusion’s in stock at their web site jld maybe they have the length and grip you are looking for.

I stand corrected then. I guess they are a tad more popular then my local guy.

bfishn

Since BPS bought Cabelas I have had several orders be cancelled even though the item said in-stock. On a sale item like this for a TUCR rod, I would say its a very slim chance your “backorder” will ever be processed. You really have nothing to lose by placing the order though I guess, just don’t expect it to happen.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ice Cap wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>al-wichman wrote:</div>

I stand corrected then. I guess they are a tad more popular then my local guy.

They typically have a 3 week to a month wait to get an order done during the season because they get so many orders. Always best to order before the season gets close in my opinion. Their rods are definitely worth it though.

vinella

I ordered a Fusion and Inferno from Cabela’s yesterday, both of which are on backorder. Today I chatted their customer service dept and while they didn’t have an estimated ship date they could give me, they assured me they would ship and the order wouldn’t be cancelled eventually. We’ll see

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Not sure if I should be happy I came across this thread…. or mad about getting sucked into buying two rods? Well, at least ordering two of them.

Lucky if I get out a couple times a year with the ice down in SE WI, but sure do dream about it. We’ll see if they ever arrive.

Chuck Melcher

Checked on the order today…. service said it is still active, but with it being a fall stock item, good chance they will see it get cancelled eventually. Nothing lost in the effort I guess – but it is dumb to still have some of the offers on line even now when they will never fulfill it.

Nate
    Blaine, MN

I’m waiting on a rod, too. I’ve been keeping tabs on the sale items, and you’re spot-on. If they anticipate that the existing orders will be cancelled, which is probably a very large number already, why in the world are they accepting even more?

Ice Cap

Reeds still has a pretty decent selection of TUCR in stock.

Reeds TUCR

vinella

I asked Dan Baker in the other TUCR thread if he could provide any insight. I’m in the same boat as you guys. Totally agree on the why would they keep accepting otters if they expect them to get cancelled notion.

Dan Baker

Like I mentioned in the other thread, we have no idea how Cabela’s manages their inventory. Hopefully, everyone who has ordered through them gets their rods. We have no control over it though. We are still producing rods for our digital and instore storefront. You can see them here http://www.tunedupcustomrods.ecwid.com any rods ordered here are guaranteed to be fulfilled by Tuned Up.
    Dan

vinella

Thanks for the feedback. Not that your rods aren’t great, but I think the big draw for a lot of the orders placed via Cabela’s was the significant discount they are offering (30%).

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Like I mentioned in the other thread, we have no idea how Cabela’s manages their inventory. Hopefully, everyone who has ordered through them gets their rods. We have no control over it though. We are still producing rods for our digital and instore storefront. You can see them here http://www.tunedupcustomrods.ecwid.com any rods ordered here are guaranteed to be fulfilled by Tuned Up.
    Dan

Dan,

What it sounds like you’re saying is that to the best of your knowledge, TUCR has not gotten any recent orders from Cabela’s to send/fulfill these backordered rods back through Cabela’s?

Perhaps those that ordered from Cabela’s might now have an answer on when/if they’ll fulfill the orders.

Maybe next fall? ???

Chuck Melcher

I bought a Bullwhip directly from TUCR this fall and would love to have the other two I took a shot ordering from the big box. Can’t spend the cash I’d like to…. sucks, but yes it was all about the 30% off and free shipping for me. I “hate” not buying direct… timing isn’t important. At full price it isn’t an option.

Dave in Mpls
    Wayzata, MN

It appears the only TUCR rod still on the Cabela’s website for back-order (less the Infernos) is the Fusion. If you are wanting one and are near a Scheels that has what you want in stock, they will price match the Cabela’s $80.39 price – just did it this morning in Rochester (down here for a girl’s volleyball tournament). Out the door with 32” Fusion in hand for $80.39 + tax.

I still have a couple Commanders on back-order….guess we’ll see what happens with those….

vinella

It appears the only TUCR rod still on the Cabela’s website for back-order (less the Infernos) is the Fusion. If you are wanting one and are near a Scheels that has what you want in stock, they will price match the Cabela’s $80.39 price – just did it this morning in Rochester (down here for a girl’s volleyball tournament). Out the door with 32” Fusion in hand for $80.39 + tax.

I still have a couple Commanders on back-order….guess we’ll see what happens with those….

Thanks for the heads up. How do you go about getting a price match there? Take it to customer service and show them the Cabela’s price?

Dave in Mpls
    Wayzata, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dave in Mpls wrote:</div>

Thanks for the heads up. How do you go about getting a price match there? Take it to customer service and show them the Cabela’s price?

Took the rod to customer service, the manager verified the price on Cabela’s webpage, and came back and overrode the $119 price to $80.39 with a smile on his face, thanking me for shopping at Scheels…

Had a very similar experience at the Fleet Farm down here this morning as well…got in on the Milwaukee 2804-22 hammer drill combo $100 off with accessory deal, and the little gal at customer service was more than happy to give me another $25 off with coupon code TOOLBOX25 ($25 gift card with $150 purchase of “select” tools, on-line only), although the code will not work on the website. Believe it is more related to Dremel and accessories…

Pretty good morning in my ice fishing world (although we got our butts handed to us in the tournament today)

Ryan Malo

If you have a Scheels close to you, go in there and pick up the TUCR you want. They price match and I just picked up a Fusion for the same price that Cabelas had on the website.

vinella

Thanks for the heads up on Scheels price matching Cabela’s on the TUCRs. I did just that and got a Fusion now instead of having to wait until who knows when from Cabelas. woot

Chuck Melcher

They just price matched the two rods I had on “backorder” off my order form on line.. and will be shipping in a couple days. Guess it worked out. Scheels seems like a good place, and Now I’ll have two more nice TUCR rods ) A precision Noodle and a Fusion to go with the bullwhip.

Dylan Salow

I can’t say enough good things about Scheels between their price match policy and customer service either. Had a lithiunm 40V price-matched which they were more than happy to do. Also had a problem with an Otter light kit that started shorting out. Less than a year old they replaced it with no questions asked for the new kit that came out this year. By far the best customer service and people I’ve dealt with. Customer for life. Unfortunately a lot of people don’t realize they will price match and go elsewhere.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I’ve had great experiences with Scheels price matching. Last time was as simple as showing them a website on my phone and they matched the price, which was like 30% lower.

Whateverbites

anyone that ordered from Cabela’s have any updates? I emailed them today challenging them on why they would have a sale on items that were never in stock with no intention of reordering.

Nate
    Blaine, MN

My order was cancelled last week. Received an email on 2/26.

Dan Baker

Tuned Up is having a 15% off sale through March for anyone still looking.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.