TUCR Dead Stick

• Hunter Blowers

I’ve been looking for a new dead stick rod and was thinking about the TUCR Dead Stick. First of all, how do you guys like using this rod? Do you like it better than a typical bobber rod? Also, how do you fish it, do you place it in a rod holder so you can watch the tip? Would like to hear some reviews, and how you guys fish this rod. Thanks for the input!

Cameron white

Great rod. Use as a dead stick on lake Winnipeg for eyes. Handles large fish very well. Also doubles as an awesome perch rod too.

nblasius
    SE South Dakota

I will start by saying it performs better than the Thorne bros. dead stick. I have used it for slip bobbers, hung it in my otter rod holder, hell, I’ve even jigged with it a couple times… It’s a great rod!

patk
    Nisswa, MN

I will start by saying it performs better than the Thorne bros. dead stick. I have used it for slip bobbers, hung it in my otter rod holder, hell, I’ve even jigged with it a couple times… It’s a great rod!

@nblasius
    How is the action different than the Thorne Bros? I almost bought the Thorne last year but blew my money on something else. I’m using a Jason Mitchell Meatstick right now but still looking for a particular action for the Christmas list.

Also, how do you fish it, do you place it in a rod holder so you can watch the tip?

Pretty much in the rod older within quick reach. I do have a rod holder that fastens to the pole in my portable. What’s cool about this is it swivels.

With using the JM meatstick and a swiveling holder this allows the fish to take the bait farther without getting much resistance. Give me a little more time to get the rod in my hand.

The hookset is entirely dependent on what seems to be the ticket that day. Hammer right away or give them time and a little line??? No right answer

nblasius
    SE South Dakota

I have both and what I like about the tuned up is the fact it is not such a noodle rod. The Thorne rod has a much softer tip and lighter backbone. The Thorne rod is the one I use for panfish more because of this. I usually fish with both rods in my otter rod holders. Don’t get a split grip on you’re rod either cause they don’t set in the holder well. The tuned up handles bigger fish better due to having more backbone.

bradhawthorne
    Isle mn

Great rod, I usually slip it over the center pole in the Otter and let the ceiling jig away. It’s balanced very well, it’ll deadstick plain hooks all the way up to 1/4 spoons with a perfect bend.

onepine
    Elk River

Does the TUCR Dead Stick have enough backbone to handle large pike and or lake trout?

Hunter Blowers

Brad,

When you run your dead stick in the center pole on the ceiling of your otter, do you use a split grip dead stick or a regular full cork handle? Which would be better in this situation? Thanks!

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

If the Thorne Deadstick is rated as a medium backbone, would the TUCR Deadstick be rated as a MH backbone? Or is the transition point just higher up the rod?

ps0345

I’ve pulled in 36″ Northern on mine and had no issues. I love my TUCR dead stick.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.