TUCR and Inline Reel Combinations

• Hunter Blowers

Hi guys,

I am looking for a panfish/crappie rod that I can pair with a inline reel for those tough days. After my recent TUCR purchases I don’t want to fish anything else. Im very impressed with the quality and customer service! So, I am considering a maestro or a precision noodle. Does anyone run either of these rods with an inline reel? And if so, what inline reel have you found works well with these rods and isn’t too big/heavy.

Im considering the frabill straight line 371. Thoughts?

Thanks for the help! I’m looking forward to hearing your responses!

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

I am running the Frabil 261 on a 34″ TUC noodle. The weight balance is perfect for me and I really like the setup. I haven’t used the 371 so I don’t know how it compares, it should be a better reel though.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Couple further questions to ask…..
    Inside a house or outside fisherman?
    Sight fishing?

These are important questions as the Maestro is not very long in length and excels when sight fishing. You can fish a longer rod outside vs inside a house and help make hooking percentage increase with the longer rod. I personally like the bullwhip as you can fish a variety of baits with this rod and still have ultimate sensitivity, meanwhile still finesse fishing on those tough days.
    In-line reels….my only suggestion is to find one that has greater than a 1:1 ratio and free spool.

Hunter Blowers

Thanks for the input! I would usually be fishing outside, or in an otter portable. Maybe the bullwhip would be the best all around rod for these situations.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Before you make your final decision give John at TUCRs a ring, he will definitely be able to shed some light as to whether the bullwhip or p-noodle, or even a different option would be best for your presentations. I’ve second guessed what rod I needed in the past and his recommendations for me were spot on with what I wanted the rod to do for me.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I have a TUCR noodle and paired it with the 13 fishing 6061. I took the reel off this year and went back to an Okuma SLV. I’m just not a fan of the off balance feel of the 6061.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.