TUCR 28" Precision

• Oldreddbeard

I never thought I’d have to ask this, until I finally held this bad boy inmy hands, but what would be a good reel setup for this rod? Its action is like no other rod I’ve ever come across. First thought was an okuma slv 2/3 wt and use it as a crappie/perch rod, but on the other hand I was thinking of pairing it with a shimano sienna or sedona 500 and use it as a perch/walleye setup. I don’t think loading this with anything over 1/8 oz is necessary. Any thoughts?

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

I have the Sedona 750 on mine, and feel it’s a perfect balance unfortunately the 750 nor the 500 are available now, at least in the Sedona option but the 1000 would be a great choice!

Oldreddbeard

Luckily i snagged a couple on ebay for a steal. But the sienna is just as nice honestly.

Ty Kennedy

I use the Quantum Fire 10s on my TUCRs and I love them it’s a great ice reel.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I am looking at getting one of these rods for walleye mainly and heavier spoons and ultra lite rippin raps etc. What makes the action so different? I have a Precision Noodle to partner it with. I will have a Sedona on it. Going to have main line 8-10 lb braid with leader. Sounds like it will be a good rod I was torn between bullwhip vs this one but guys at TUCR say this is way to go for what I described. Might go 32 in though instead of 28.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The Siennas are on sale at Cabelas for $29.99. Bought two today and fished with them. Super smooth.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.