Truckers convoy in Canada

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Double post. Sorry.

B-man

A informal survey would have shown…..
    2% knew it was a Canadian flag.
    1% would have known whats happening in Canada.
    7% thought you were Red Green.
    80% thought you were a crazy guy.

Well, it was single digits out, so there was definitely some crazy involved mrgreen

buschman
    Pool 2

So as an experiment, yesterday afternoon I stood on the overpass near my home holding a 3×5′ Canadian flag raised high, and a 3×5′ US flag alongside it but 4′ lower.

It is telling when you can see the amount of honks and waves that come from people.. I am not one to stand around and protest something either. However I did go down to support the parents at our school board meeting at a protest and got similar results. Lots of waves, honks and cars stopping to take pictures and thank you.. We also had a few very upset people screaming and tossing the finger. It was bout 1 bad reaction to 10 good reactions.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

To get this thread back on track, I truly hope some good comes from the protest to the north.

The Canadian people have been far more suppressed by their government than most of us here could imagine. When we were in the worst of the lockdowns and control, it sucked.

Imagine going through that for two years without an end in sight? Not only that, but continually getting worse?

To me it’s really been unknown how much support the Canadians have from people in the US regarding the overreach of their government, as well how they feel about our own mandates here.

I’ve never been an activist, protester, or a person to go on strike…I’ve never been to a rally or political parade.

That said, as an experiment yesterday afternoon I stood on the I-35 overpass near my home holding a 3×5′ Canadian flag raised high, and a 3×5′ US flag alongside it but 4′ lower.

All I can tell you is there is an AMAZING amount of support from what I saw. In less than 2 hours, I had countless hundreds of waves, car horn blasts, air horn blasts, cheers, and thumbs up….and only one middle finger, and one guy waving/crossing his forearms (signaling “no” or “stop”) (which both made me laugh my ass off) jester

Four motorists stopped on the overpass and gave me a personal thank you, one even offered to get me a cup of coffee )

The people here are tired of it all too…

Was that you in stacy

B-man

Perhaps mrgreen

Did you wave or honk the Kenworth???

munchy
    NULL

That said, as an experiment yesterday afternoon I stood on the I-35 overpass near my home holding a 3×5′ Canadian flag raised high, and a 3×5′ US flag alongside it but 4′ lower.

And you didn’t have Hank and Ben waving KKK and Nazi flags!? What kind of freedom fighter are you?

devil

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

And you didn’t have Hank and Ben waving KKK and Nazi flags!? What kind of freedom fighter are you?

devil

No, they’re backordered on Amazon right now because of covid. Hope they show up next week sometime lol j/k

What’s funny is that the kids said they want to go out there this weekend and wave flags with Dad toast

I told them we’re going fishing and spending the night on the lake instead, somehow they were cool with that idea too rotflol

munchy
    NULL

What’s funny is that the kids said they want to go out there this weekend and wave flags with Dad

I told them we’re going fishing and spending the night on the lake instead, somehow they were cool with that idea too

That’a’Boy!! waytogo

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

January jobs report 467,000 jobs added ! Shattering most economist expectations ! In the face of a winter Omicron surge . This is looks like the recovery people were hoping for.

B-man

January jobs report 467,000 jobs added ! Shattering most economist expectations ! In the face of a winter Omicron surge . This is looks like the recovery people were hoping for.

I agree anything positive is a positive…

But if you shut the country down and then open it back up are all of those jobs really “added” or “new’? We’re still down 2.9 million jobs since this crap all started. I hope the re-growth continues and we get them all back and more.

I do agree that this new variant is the best thing to happen lately. I had it a couple weeks ago, it was just like a cold with a sore throat. My wife and kids never had symptoms. Natural boosters are a good thing too waytogo

Maybe people will quit freaking out so much.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Added, made and created or opened when others quit? Honest question.

And off topic but bidens response to Russia on Ukraine. That is not a leader any one needs. That is not a response to a world threat. And he sounded like he was lost and senial while delivering it. It’s scary actually.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What’s funny is that the kids said they want to go out there this weekend and wave flags with Dad toast

I told them we’re going fishing and spending the night on the lake instead, somehow they were cool with that idea too

I think you should fly that Canadian flag at your shack this weekend. See what kind of crowd shows up lol.

Ripjiggen

Dudes with hockey or curling sticks and Labatt Blue diesels. Would be a good time jester

B-man

I don’t have a flag pole (or strobes lol), but if I did I bet whoever showed up would be kick ass peace

munchy
    NULL

Munchy, what the hell is really going on??

Here’s another article just posted by CNBC….

Something’s not adding up? They seem like polar opposite articles, but by the same news firm.

And they wonder why we don’t trust the government. It’s adding up like presidential votes.

CaptainMusky

And they wonder why we don’t trust the government. It’s adding up like presidential votes.

Psaki earlier this week wouldnt answer when questioned about the upcoming jobs report. She said something to the effect “we are still working with the data.” so here we are.

munchy
    NULL

Psaki

I’m still waiting for her to take a flute out from behind the podium and start going on about band camp.

munchy
    NULL

I think you should fly that Canadian flag at your shack this weekend. See what kind of crowd shows up lol.

Better be well stocked with Labatts.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I don’t have a flag pole (or strobes lol), but if I did I bet whoever showed up would be kick ass peace

I’d show up if your out on green with a hockey stick and some beers. The boy and ill be wearing matching flannels

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Psaki

I’m still waiting for her to take a flute out from behind the podium and start going on about band camp.

Well, today she blamed the prior administration for the lockdowns…

Seriously folks, you just can’t make it up…

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Wait a minute. Your saying you got that sweet castle and no flags or strobes? shock
    You have to ask yourself, are you actually fishing. I mean come on man.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Seen u that time b Mann. I let the maverick horn sing. I couldn’t get to my strobes fast enough or I would have given a light show

Justin Donson

Why can’t these guys just get back to work? They should be happy for the life they have, don’t they realize they are killing the economy by stopping other law abiding citizens from reaching work on time? They should find a different way to protest that is completely invisible and has no negative consequences/impact to any other human being on the planet.

I liked the part where a bunch of the truckers go trapped on the highway when it was like 30 below and were running out of fuel to keep their cabs warm. Then they put up messages on facebook for people to send help. I tried to send lots of thoughts and prayers that day, but you know, couldn’t reach them, because the roads were blocked…by the convoy.

I am however, so surprised that this forum throws in their full support for a group of entitled, anti-vax Karens who are ‘protesting’ what amounts to a mild inconvenience.

But will obviously condemn those protesting things that ACTUALLY have a real negative impact on people’s lives, like racial injustice.

I mean yeah, kudos for people who stand up for what they believe in. But if the ‘oppression’ you’re protesting is equivalent to the oppression I felt when my paper delivery driver started putting my paper at the end of my driveway instead of at my doorstep, then you’re kind of just not going to be taken seriously.

Oh and LOL @ munchy trying to rationalize the 1/6 attack on the capital. You guys are great here applause .

“Us righties would never protest violently or destroy public property like those BLM radicals”
    *literally, violently breaks into the US capital building with zip ties trying to find democratic congressmen/women to tie up*

#KarenConvoy

stout93
    Becker MN

Why can’t these guys just get back to work? They should be happy for the life they have, don’t they realize they are killing the economy by stopping other law abiding citizens from reaching work on time? They should find a different way to protest that is completely invisible and has no negative consequences/impact to any other human being on the planet.

I liked the part where a bunch of the truckers go trapped on the highway when it was like 30 below and were running out of fuel to keep their cabs warm. Then they put up messages on facebook for people to send help. I tried to send lots of thoughts and prayers that day, but you know, couldn’t reach them, because the roads were blocked…by the convoy.

I am however, so surprised that this forum throws in their full support for a group of entitled, anti-vax Karens who are ‘protesting’ what amounts to a mild inconvenience.

But will obviously condemn those protesting things that ACTUALLY have a real negative impact on people’s lives, like racial injustice.

I mean yeah, kudos for people who stand up for what they believe in. But if the ‘oppression’ you’re protesting is equivalent to the oppression I felt when my paper delivery driver started putting my paper at the end of my driveway instead of at my doorstep, then you’re kind of just not going to be taken seriously.

Oh and LOL @ munchy trying to rationalize the 1/6 attack on the capital. You guys are great here applause .

“Us righties would never protest violently or destroy public property like those BLM radicals”
    *literally, violently breaks into the US capital building with zip ties trying to find democratic congressmen/women to tie up*

#KarenConvoy

“Anti Vax”

LOL!

This dude knows nothing about what’s going on with the truckers protest..

B-man

Went out for a couple hours again today, a lot of northbound traffic since it was a Friday. I grabbed a pic during a break in vehicles.

Saw you today Bearcat, pointed at you with a big smile )

Northbound in the right lane with the air horn blasting in the Kenworth toast

Even more waves, thumbs up, horns, and cheers again. No way to keep track, but easily over a thousand people showed support for the Canadian flag hoisted above the American flag backing our brothers and sister to the north.

It’s really neat to see in person.

With more motorists came a little more negativity of course. I saw six middle fingers fly, one was a double from a solo driver, so five people flicked me off mrgreen

The best thing I saw was a lady who appeared to be jamming an imaginary popsicle or corndog in and out of her throat….and she was really, really good at it. I don’t give a $hit about her moral stance on oppressing people, it was obvious she had a lot of talent rotflol rotflol rotflol

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20220204_221225544-scaled.jpg

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I think they have a right to protest. The vaccines are not effective against the omicron variant, see the cases of vaccinated vs non-vaccinated at https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/vbt.html it skyrocketed when omicron became the dominant strain and two thirds of Minnesota residents were considered vaccinated on 12/26- the last day the chart covers. If you change that chart over to see deaths, you will see that the death rate for unvaccinated dropped from 27/100,000 to just under 15/100,000. The Minnesota health department says 1369 vaccinated people have died, consider that about 6,000 total in Minnesota have died since Jan 2021, that means 1 out of every 6 that died in the past 13 months was vaccinated.

The health departments are playing simple math games now. If a state had 1 million people and 90% were vaccinated, and 9 vaccinated people died and 1 non, the vaccine isn’t showing any difference per 100,000 and we need to face the fact that the young are just feeding the “age adjusted” stats they want to show

On a sadder note, there may be another factor in some over 65 not being vaccinated while in a group home- they want to die so there is something left to give to their children/grandkids before the group home takes it

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 880 total)

The topic ‘Truckers convoy in Canada’ is closed to new replies.