Truckers convoy in Canada

• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m not familiar with the Omar thing but I am 100% on board with an indictment of laws were broken. Unfortunately the DOJ isn’t interested in indicting congress members or people within the executive branch for any crimes they commit. It’s probably the single biggest reason we are where we are today.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

BLM isn’t a political party in the US and I don’t believe in Canada either so there’s a difference.

The secretary of the democratic party didn’t setup a gofundme to legally bail out “thugs” from prison.

Justin riegel

BLM isn’t a political party in the US and I don’t believe in Canada either so there’s a difference.

The secretary of the democratic party didn’t setup a gofundme to legally bail out “thugs” from prison.

Article Deleted, they didn’t set it up just contributed.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I wasn’t aware if this and definitely not supportive of it. This should be illegal.

I don’t see the difference between donating to and setting it up. It’s just a loophole.

CaptainMusky

I don’t see the difference between donating to and setting it up. It’s just a loophole.

I think there is a big difference whether they set it up or they contributed. It would be much easier for potential corruption if they set it up as you eluded to earlier.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I think there is a big difference whether they set it up or they contributed. It would be much easier for potential corruption if they set it up as you eluded to earlier.

So you’re ok with Biden contributing campaign funds to a group that bails out people charged with violent crimes? It’s essentially what the article Justin posted (then deleted) above said. It’s literally the complete opposite of what’s happening in Canada but could be or should be illegal either way.

I’m a firm believer that campaign donations and spending needs to be capped.

CaptainMusky

So you’re ok with Biden contributing campaign funds to a group that bails out people charged with violent crimes? It’s essentially what the article Justin posted (then deleted) above said. It’s literally the complete opposite of what’s happening in Canada but could be or should be illegal either way.

Sorry, I didnt see the article. I thought your comments were in regard to whether or not some politicians set up the gofundme for the truckers. No I am not OK with the Biden scenario.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Matt, you must be referencing a different article than the one that was posted and deleted. The one in my history file today indicates it was 13 of his staffers (never mentions Joe Biden himself) and was in May 2020, 6 months before the election.

HRG

munchy
    NULL

From the DailyMail article Buschman posted above

‘GoFundMe banned people from raising money for Kyle Rittenhouse’s defense and froze donations to the Canadian truckers. But they did allow people to raise bail money for people arrested for burning down cities in the BLM riots,’

big_g
    Isle, MN

Obviously go fund me is a political arm of the left.

catnip
    south metro

I heard on the news that the convoy was 50 miles long and 10,000 trucks🤘💪

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

And the original post said he did not want this to be political ?? LOL

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Everything is political now like it or not. Welcome to digital media.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

And the original post said he did not want this to be political ?? LOL

It’s incredibly civil and every one is talking like adults. so who cares

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Matt, you will never, ever, ever in your lifetime or your great, great, great grandkids lifetime see campaign limits that are enforceable. Never. It’s where politicians get their bribe money from. All the bribe money is funneled thru the PAC’s to the candidates.

What you want to shoot for and likely never get would be term limits.

Buschman, any side effects here in the states with the trucking protest in Canada yet?

Gitchi Gummi

I’d imaging if you asked someone Jewish who currently flys the swastikas it would be more like Whoopi, the squad, and a few other dems, not DJT. There are plenty of reasons not to like the guy, do you really need to make other ones up?

What exactly am I making up? Are you saying the nazis were not huge supporters of DJT?

And for the record, I am Jewish.

Gitchi Gummi

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>munchy wrote:</div>
    And this proves that peaceful protesting will aid in getting demands met. Acting like a petulant child, burning and destroying property, looting, etc, only makes you look like a POS and leaders should never give in to demands.

Agreed.

mic drop

Attachments:
    1. 2022-02-04_8-40-41.png

2. 2022-02-04_8-40-55.png

munchy
    NULL

any side effects here in the states with the trucking protest in Canada yet?

There is currently a convoy being organized to head to DC. Facebook keeps taking their page down.

buschman
    Pool 2

Buschman, any side effects here in the states with the trucking protest in Canada yet?

I have not seen much change this week.. We had two guys cross at Pembina/Emerson earlier this week and did not have issues. We have had 3 cross over in Windsor, ON with no reported issues either. Time will tell but right now I have not heard much change from last week.

munchy
    NULL

mic drop

And can you show pics of the damage done? Last I checked it was a couple broken windows, and some fire extinguisher dust, and from reports that was all done by leftist agitators. But why would the news want to report any of that? Had they all been Biden supporters the capitol would have looked like this afterwards and you would have cheered it on >>>>

Attachments:
    1. 7057a4af884acb243a4588c7355a0840ce-28-designated-4.2x.h473.w710.png

buschman
    Pool 2

mic drop

Duluth1an..

Seems like your in the wrong thread/forum.. Like posting a picture of a walleye in a bass forum or something???

As said earlier. Civil conversation is good. Political or not I guess. I did not want to see this be an argument about American politics were we fight about Brandon and Orange Man.. That has nothing to do with this convoy.

munchy
    NULL

munchy are you really downplaying the attack on the capitol? the one that was egged on by the POTUS? the one where several people DIED? Are we just chalking that up to fake news?

I never said I was downplaying anything. But how many people were killed in your lefty BS defund police riots? Are you downplaying those?

One was killed by capitol police, two had heart attacks, a police officer was hit in the head by a flying fire extinguisher, and one was trampled. All unfortunate, but why dont you point fingers at the ones who cost BILLIONS in damage and had dozens killed.

Attachments:
    1. ErFgaceVoAIQyAs.jpg

Umy
    South Metro

From the DailyMail article Buschman posted above

‘GoFundMe banned people from raising money for Kyle Rittenhouse’s defense and froze donations to the Canadian truckers. But they did allow people to raise bail money for people arrested for burning down cities in the BLM riots,’

This is complete crap and one of the main reasons for our troubles today -THere needs to be stricter rules on how social media outlets can manage their affairs ( I know, opens up all kind of other issues but this is just plain BS) IMHO

buschman
    Pool 2

I never said I was downplaying anything. But how many people were killed in your lefty BS defund police riots? Are you downplaying those?

To be fair… you are correct but also what I talked about with bickering back and forth. lets leave that to another thread. Munchy, this guy most likely loves your replay and getting under skin. Just a heads up. Nothing more than that. No matter what you say it will not change his opinion.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Man did this thread take a turn for the worse. Its just constant bickering back and forth with posted photos. Complete dumpster fire now. Its no wonder the country is so freaking divided right now.

Buschman, it sounds like no issues were encountered by your truckers. Hopefully it stays that way and routes can be taken and goods can be delivered timely.

Gitchi Gummi

One was killed by capitol police, two had heart attacks, a police officer was hit in the head by a flying fire extinguisher, and one was trampled. All unfortunate, but why dont you point fingers at the ones who cost BILLIONS in damage and had dozens killed.

I’m not downplaying anything. The “lefty BS defund police riots” are despicable too. Looks like we both agree on that.

B-man

To get this thread back on track, I truly hope some good comes from the protest to the north.

The Canadian people have been far more suppressed by their government than most of us here could imagine. When we were in the worst of the lockdowns and control, it sucked.

Imagine going through that for two years without an end in sight? Not only that, but continually getting worse?

To me it’s really been unknown how much support the Canadians have from people in the US regarding the overreach of their government, as well how they feel about our own mandates here.

I’ve never been an activist, protester, or a person to go on strike…I’ve never been to a rally or political parade.

That said, as an experiment yesterday afternoon I stood on the I-35 overpass near my home holding a 3×5′ Canadian flag raised high, and a 3×5′ US flag alongside it but 4′ lower.

All I can tell you is there is an AMAZING amount of support from what I saw. In less than 2 hours, I had countless hundreds of waves, car horn blasts, air horn blasts, cheers, and thumbs up….and only one middle finger, and one guy waving/crossing his forearms (signaling “no” or “stop”) (which both made me laugh my ass off) jester

Four motorists stopped on the overpass and gave me a personal thank you, one even offered to get me a cup of coffee )

The people here are tired of it all too…

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20220203_214939568.PORTRAIT-scaled.jpg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

As said earlier. Civil conversation is good. Political or not I guess. I did not want to see this be an argument about American politics were we fight about Brandon and Orange Man.. That has nothing to do with this convoy.

When comparisons are being made between this and the George Floyd protests, it’s not unreasonable to bring up Jan 6th.

It’s not secret that the GF protests were ultimately lead by left wing groups. This convoy and Jan 6th were started and lead by right wing political parties.

The simple fact is that all are political in nature and all have some significant underlying political motivations.

The one difference is that the GF protests started off as a completely grass roots protest and was adopted by varying left wing groups.

The media has a right to lean any political direction they want. We need to understand this and acknowledge it. If you want the least biased coverage, you need to either read the story from both sides or find a center based news outlet.

Case in point, gofundme really does seem to have a heavy left bias. Here’s a far left media outlet reporting on the Rittenhouse gofundme debacle. It confirms what was said above.

https://mashable.com/article/kyle-rittenhouse-gofundme-policy

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

A informal survey would have shown…..
    2% knew it was a Canadian flag.
    1% would have known whats happening in Canada.
    7% thought you were Red Green.
    90% thought you were a crazy guy.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 880 total)

The topic ‘Truckers convoy in Canada’ is closed to new replies.