Truckers convoy in Canada

• Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

ill extend an olive branch first

Not everything Donald Trump did either in his personal life or as an elected official was bad.

Now to bring it back to the topic of the Canadian truckers protest I will ask a question for those hoping to see this replicated in America?

What specifically are you hoping to see happen here? I understand end to mandates but how do you envision that playing out exactly and do you think it would or should end with covid-19 mandates or do you think the momentum should or would continue on to other political topics? I think the people should rule but what i become concerned with is in this day and age and with movements like these small minorities of people can end up being in power. Then you just have a transfer of power from Washington to some other fringe group

Vocal minorities are very powerful. You see this on a local and national level. Not only can they rise to power quickly but can also effect change.

Look at what happened in minneapolis around the defund police movement. Most people, liberal and conservative, were against it. But, it almost happened because fringe groups pushed for it so hard.

I believe the truckers message was more than Covid…it’s about not standing for government mandates. While it seems like a huge movement, truckers are a minority faction but they are potentially impacting great change.

I don’t share my politics and beliefs on the internet but I will say this…I believe democracy works and ultimately the will of the people prevails. There can be bumps along that road but we are the checks and balances. If you believe in something you have to be the agent for change.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Well you lasted a long time in not pointing fingers and working together. Between you posting that statement at 11:51 and 1:28 you posted 2 more replies that looked a lot like finger pointing and not working toward agreements. The first was yet another of your clarification on your feelings towards Trump and the 2nd one was more of your lefty and righty crap.

Agree i didnt do a great job of being agreeable in those two posts. I think in part i realized that which is why i posted again at 1:42. Having someone point your finger at you and to respond by ignoring it and being a bigger person is a difficult thing to do. maybe a better approach would be to list off things we all agree on and start from there instead of responding to the bickering. I dont know im not a therapist. All i know is im tired of the bickering and id like to be apart of some positive change rather than continue to be part of the problem. And yes i have been part of the problem plenty.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

So before you act like an adult you want someone from the left to act like an adult first? What are you looking for exactly? Everyone who voted for biden to stand up in unison and say I’m sorry directly to you? Just trying to understand what your ask is

I don’t agree with much of what “the left” stands for or does but certainly on this site I’d be in the category of communist. I’ve never called any self identified “righty” a racist but if it makes you feel better for me to denounce, im not sure what, on behalf of half the nation I will.

OR we could just try to put all the bull**** aside and try to make better choices moving forward

The condescending tone from you was expected. And I wish I had the time and the want to debate this further, but I don’t. Call it a cop out, or notch it in your belt for “winning” an internet debate… don’t care. We see things vastly different, and probably a lot of the same. I support freedom, even if I don’t agree with the cause.

stout93
    Becker MN

I guess I will state the obvious here. Four times in the US, a candidate has won the popular vote but lost the electoral college vote, so with a statement like that you must feel that our system is also flawed. I personally think it is and the electoral college should be eliminated, but that is a different argument.

So you basically want California and New York to determine the POTUS?

Count me the F@CK out on that idea..

B-man

Crappie in (most of) America we’re not under the extreme mandates that have blanketed much of Canada.

We don’t have to show a QR code proving a vaccine to cross state lines or to fly…or to go to a restaurant or enter a Target or a Walmart or a barber shop or…or…or…

In the last two years I’ve worn a mask for five days for a class (and not counting visits to Menards or a doctor’s office). I’ve had to take one test to get into a concert. Overall it’s a stark difference compared to Canada, but unfortunately schools and some workplaces here haven’t been so lenient.

Before the protest, even more mandates were being put into place to the north.

But now the “science” has changed. Both here and there. Like fuc#ing magic.

The vaccine does little more than protect vulnerable individuals from hospitalization and death (sometimes). Those same individuals have either already gotten the “vaccine”, died, or are rolling the dice on THEIR OWN accord if they are in a risk prone demographic.

It’s time to move on.

Even the strictest of mandates will do little to prevent more deaths. The people who do not want the jab are not going to get it.

It’s absolutely pointless to keep these same people from living their lives as they see fit. Let’s take the super bowl for example.

Vaccinated people were allowed in without question.

Unvaccinated people were segregated and had to show proof of a negative test.

Please tell me how that makes any sense when vaccinated people can still carry the virus, transmit the virus, become ill from the virus, and can still die from the virus????

Why aren’t vaccinated individuals under the same scrutiny as people without it??

Why does a QR code on your phone or a little piece of paper exempt you from testing??

Yet it’s okay to put 70,000 people into a little bowl of concrete with that idea? If it were truly to have been a huge concern, it would not have happened.

Logic is a lost cause as of late. Individual and critical thinking has all but vanished.

If you could, please explain to me why I should become vaccinated, or why I should be excluded from a place, event or job for not being so.

Please explain to me why I would need to be tested, yet vaccinated people do not. Please do not tell me “to protect others”….I know you of all people can come up with something better than an indoctrinated phrase.

The people who want to be “protected” (or were scared or forced into it) are “protected.”

Hospitals are not overwhelmed…They are short on staff (because for some “weird reason” a lot of people quit or retired early)

At this point mandates and strong arming are not the way to get back to normal, nor have they ever been.

When people take off the mask, it becomes a lot easier to smell the bullshit.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

No, I don’t think he meant that. He was quoting me initially who quoted Cameron for saying that Toronto determined the outcome of Canadian elections.

Beast

The way I see it, common sense went out the widow, If you were a T. rump fan you were deplorable, If you were a Biden fan you were a snow flake;
    you see side claim there sides are either guilty or innocent long before any investigation is complete or even started.you seen the liberals side refusing to work with Trump on things the people called for, you see Trump snub and abuse the liberals on a daily bases, When president Biden took office you seen him sign order after order to overturn anything Trump put in place not because it was good or bad,only because Trump had put it in place. crap gets ran through by congress on a daily bases not because it’s the want or the good for the majority pf the people, but only based on what their party wants.there’s more cover ups in our system than a cat burying it’s crap. and until we hold our elected officials to take it will continual.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Vaccinated people were allowed in without question.

Unvaccinated people were segregated and had to show proof of a negative test.

Please tell me how that makes any sense when vaccinated people can still carry the virus, transmit the virus, become ill from the virus, and can still die from the virus????

Why aren’t vaccinated individuals under the same scrutiny as people without it??

I don’t quite understand that either. If the point of keeping someone who is carrying covid out, then a negative test should be required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status. The Super Bowl also had a mask mandate, which no one followed. That seemed pretty pointless to me too.

Some stadiums have had vaccine mandates for entry all season. The Super Bowl wasn’t the first one.

Beast

Bottom line, take responsibility for yourself and your own actions, it’s nobody else’s business .

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stout93 wrote:</div>

No, I don’t think he meant that. He was quoting me initially who quoted Cameron for saying that Toronto determined the outcome of Canadian elections.

He said he wants the electoral college eliminated.

mojogunter

No, I think the majority should pick elections. CA and NY populations are about 14.4% of the US population. Your math isn’t very good.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mojogunter wrote:</div>
    I guess I will state the obvious here. Four times in the US, a candidate has won the popular vote but lost the electoral college vote, so with a statement like that you must feel that our system is also flawed. I personally think it is and the electoral college should be eliminated, but that is a different argument.

Count me the F@CK out on that idea..

BigWerm
    SW Metro

No, I think the majority should pick elections. CA and NY populations are about 14.4% of the US population. Your math isn’t very good.

Approx 83% of the US population lives in urban settings, having a government that panders solely to them (regardless of which party it is) would be catastrophic to the rest of the country. We have a pretty good example of that in MN, as the outstate is dying while the metro flourishes (financially). “A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.” Which is why we are a Constitutional Republic and always should be.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/269967/urbanization-in-the-united-states/

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Is this still going on, or is it just still being argued about on IDO?

I truthfully have never heard mention of this anywhere but here…and it is up to 26+ pages

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

Some stadiums have had vaccine mandates for entry all season. The Super Bowl wasn’t the first one.

No doubt, but you could also get into those same stadiums unvaccinated and with a negative test…

B-man

I truthfully have never heard mention of this anywhere but here…and it is up to 26+ pages

Many people only see what the media wants them to see.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

Many people only see what the media wants them to see.

I’m more of the “I don’t see media at all” type other than the local sports section of a newspaper. I wish I had more free time in life to know what’s going on or care about a protest in a foreign country. I’m admittedly a less informed citizen not being as up to date on the world as I should be. Taking a step back from it the last couple years has made things much more relaxing though. Someone could probably steal my televisions tomorrow and it’d take me a few days to notice.

B-man

^^^^ Well that might be why?? I’m no Hardy boys or anything, but that’s a clue.

It’s “probably” not covered in the local sports section… If it shows up there we really have a problem lol

BigWerm
    SW Metro

FWIW I watched the local 10 o’clock news last night for the first time in a while, and they had a segment on it too.

stout93
    Becker MN

I think you need to educate yourself on why we have an electoral college..

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    Well you lasted a long time in not pointing fingers and working together. Between you posting that statement at 11:51 and 1:28 you posted 2 more replies that looked a lot like finger pointing and not working toward agreements. The first was yet another of your clarification on your feelings towards Trump and the 2nd one was more of your lefty and righty crap.

Agree i didnt do a great job of being agreeable in those two posts. I think in part i realized that which is why i posted again at 1:42. Having someone point your finger at you and to respond by ignoring it and being a bigger person is a difficult thing to do. maybe a better approach would be to list off things we all agree on and start from there instead of responding to the bickering. I dont know im not a therapist. All i know is im tired of the bickering and id like to be apart of some positive change rather than continue to be part of the problem. And yes i have been part of the problem plenty.

That’s all fair enough. I just found it odd that you took 1 step forward only to a short time later take two backwards. I truly don’t think you are as far left as some here think you are. I also don’t think some here are as far right as your think they are. Like you yourself said, most of us on here probably have more in common than they think. The problem is the few uncommon things tend to get blown up so much that its hard to even see the common things. I do feel like some real problems coming for this country in the near future. I wish I had the knowledge and power to prevent them, but I don’t have either. Even more I wish that the system we have in place would work the way it was intended to, but it doesn’t. The current system is broken and some type of fix is needed.

stout93
    Becker MN

Wow! The Canadian Govt is now freezing bank accounts of those that donated to the protest. This is insane.

Deputy PM Chrystia Freeland: “The names of both individuals and entities as well as crypto wallets have been shared by the RCMP with financial institutions and accounts have been frozen and more accounts will be frozen.”

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Wow! The Canadian Govt is now freezing bank accounts of those that donated to the protest. This is insane.

I am pretty sure that was a part of the Emergencies Act that was declared several days ago.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mojogunter wrote:</div>

I think you need to educate yourself on why we have an electoral college..

I’m well aware of how the Electoral College system works and the reason behind it. That being said even with the use of it, A presidential election can be won by winning a rather small amount of large cities in a rather small amount of various states. With the shift to many more people living is large cities in most all states, It is currently possible to win the election while at the same time losing the overall popular vote by a rather large margin. I’m not saying that is good or bad, Right or wrong. But with that possibility I say we drop referring to the US as the worlds greatest democracy. We are not truly a democracy. The Definition of the word Democracy = the Majority rule. That is not the case in the US.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pretty hard to see through a clear lens when you have the middle class paying for and propping up both the lower and upper class through taxes.

At least the upper class provides the jobs in many cases.

B-man

Deputy PM Chrystia Freeland: “The names of both individuals and entities as well as crypto wallets have been shared by the RCMP with financial institutions and accounts have been frozen and more accounts will be frozen.”

It’s because they are clearly criminals who are in support of a criminal organization who is best known for a block party and bouncy houses.

It’s utterly disgusting what is happening under Trudeau right now.

I’m heading up the Gunflint tomorrow for a few days of voluntary suffering and wouldn’t be surprised at all to read about a nut-job like him taking him out by the time I get back.

The stunts he is pulling are unbelievable. He can only push his people’s buttons so far before they really push back. I pray it never comes to that, but if it does I guess I can’t blame the people at all.

stout93
    Becker MN

It’s about intimidation..

Donate to BLM and Antifa all you want with no retribution, but don’t you dare donate to a conservative cause in the future.

Libs will be Libs…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Pretty hard to see through a clear lens when you have the middle class paying for and propping up both the lower and upper class through taxes.

At least the upper class provides the jobs in many cases.

The upper class pays a big share of overall taxes. This is some data from 2019. I sure some data will be different, but the overall picture will be close to the same

The top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of all individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 3 percent. The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (38.8 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (29.2 percent).

B-man

Donate to BLM and Antifa all you want with no retribution, but don’t you dare donate to a conservative cause in the future.

Libs will be Libs…

There is a lot of truth to what you said, along with a ridiculous amount of irony in these pictures.

The only thing missing in the kneel down picture is the Black Face which he is very well know for (and did more than once which shows more than just a lapse in judgement).

But whatever….People who simply want medical freedom are somehow racist terrorists according to him.

Freeze their bank accounts, arrest them, SEIZE their vehicles, threaten them with a $100,000 fine and jail time, void their insurance, ban their travel, revoke their drivers license, etc, etc, etc.

Seems reasonable against the “dangerous criminal activity” occuring right now.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220217-182330.png

2. Screenshot_20220216-0714372.png

Beast

Libs will be Libs…

donations to a cause by individual common joes is one thing , but big money seems to find it’s way into it, we all have seen big money pay people to protest in the past.

stout93
    Becker MN

donations to a cause by individual common joes is one thing , but big money seems to find it’s way into it, we all have seen big money pay people to protest in the past.

Right, but it seems the conservative causes get shut down either by the Govt or Big Tech. See Rittenhouse fund.

GoFundme shut down a few other conservative causes within the past year also.

Viewing 30 posts - 751 through 780 (of 880 total)

The topic ‘Truckers convoy in Canada’ is closed to new replies.