Truckers convoy in Canada

• buschman
    Pool 2

I believe this convoy is a start in the right direction with all this garbage..

The sooner we stop talking about the china flu and arguing about it will be the sooner we get back to normal. I am just reminding us (including myself).

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Anyone know if truckers are still blocking downtown Ottawa?

buschman
    Pool 2

Anyone know if truckers are still blocking downtown Ottawa?

Was still around 170-200 in down town last night. Many more blocked from getting in that are still parked in the area.

CaptainMusky

Was still around 170-200 in down town last night. Many more blocked from getting in that are still parked in the area.

Apparently the police have been handing out notes telling them to leave, but no one has. Just saw a video.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I find it odd the interest discussing views of another country when our own small communities are controlled by corrupt local government controlled by a certain group. It’s rampid across the states. And it comes down to money.
    Stand on bridge waving a flag does nothing. Protest all yo want on a bridge. You insult me. Use your time in front of a legislative committee to voice your concerns. You have the time to stand on a bridge.
    I stood in front of a committee and I said my piece and I was scared as shite and I did it. I believe my input changed the outcome of a particular subject with the help of others that were more knowledgeable of the subject at hand.

Bitching your voice on a bridge or convoy gives voice. I feel it gives recognition but needs to be followed up by challenging the powers at be.

B-man

Trudeau fuc#ed up BAD yesterday and accused a Jewish member of parliament with standing with the Nazi and Confederate flag.

When asked three times to apologize by another member he changed the subject every time…

Then he ran away to hide when she asked for a direct apology.

Things are getting very heated within the Canadian government.

Beast

It would be interesting to see his approval numbers.

Cameron white

Doesn’t matter. Toronto controls the outcome of the election. The rest of us don’t matter.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>

Doesn’t matter. Toronto controls the outcome of the election. The rest of us don’t matter.

Its no different than here in the US. Its become where the voice and vote of those in large populated area control election results.
    I’m no expert on how elections work in Canada, but when were were there in Sept. it was just ahead of the Special called for election. From the commercials we say on TV it looked like Trudeau was running against like 5-6 other candidates ( Party’s ). Spreading out votes across this many parties probably helped trudeau in the election results

B-man

^^^^This

He won the last election with just 33% of the popular vote.

In other words….66% of people didn’t want him in office.

But here he is…fighting against the small fringe minority. Who according to my Minnesota math, actually represent the majority of Canadians.

People who agree with Trudeau’s “vision” (of tyrannical power) are the true minority. Yet somehow they are running the circus…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So it then sounds like the election system is at fault then, if the majority of the voters “didn’t want him in office.”

Someone previously stated that in our election system (presidential), its not about how many votes you get, its about WHICH votes you get. As in which states you win. If Toronto decides the outcome of an election, the solution is simple: win Toronto. It may be easier said than done, but that’s how it can be accomplished, right?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Starting to sound like blm now. What’s with the liberals. If any one disagrees we are automatic rascits and nazis. What a sad mind set that is. I guess I don’t understand.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Starting to sound like blm now. What’s with the liberals. If any one disagrees we are automatic rascits and nazis. What a sad mind set that is. I guess I don’t understand.

You’ll never get an answer out of one either… they’ll just deflect and scream “But Trump”.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Everyone links elections to geography….but it’s more about “who” votes than the geography. Then it’s about which party has the most money to target those groups.

Trump won the election because he was able to get conservative christian votes…a group that doesn’t particularly vote with frequency.

Obama won because he was able to get young minority votes…again, a group that hadn’t historically voted frequently. The geography was a function of the who.

I don’t know details on how Trudeau won but if he only had 33% of the vote he targeted a very specific group or groups.

I live in one of the most liberal districts in America…everyone says that MPLS drives the liberal wins in the state. The truth is, conservatives and moderates just don’t vote because they know the outcome. That’s the wrong approach and attitude.

B-man

The protests are working…one province at a time.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220217-1118442.png

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

You’ll never get an answer out of one either… they’ll just deflect and scream “But Trump”

Oh please. It’s the same sh*t on both sides. Trump just handed over 15 boxes of white house documents he had in his closet in Florida. Where are all the conservatives who were irate over killarys server? They are silent or saying “but but but….”

We all need to stop the finger pointing and realize we all have a lot more in common with each other than the media or people in Washington want us to believe. Either way we are all Americans so unless you’re in favor of a civil war we should be working toward agreements instead of pointing fingers.

I’m working on acting more like this myself. Want to join me? wave

CaptainMusky

We all need to stop the finger pointing and realize we all have a lot more in common with each other than the media or people in Washington want us to believe. Either way we are all Americans so unless you’re in favor of a civil war we should be working toward agreements instead of pointing fingers.

Almost all politicians are corrupt. No one will deny that, just some are worse than others and have done more egregious things. Hear anything about Hilary hiring a firm to spy on Trump during the election?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The protests are working…one province at a time.

Thats a big step. But I’m assuming they will claim it was the plan the entire time and has nothing to do with the Canadian people standing up.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

[/quote]

As long as they do not want to force the fear mongering on to me. And force me in to a way of life because they see fit, then I’m friends with every one.
    Unless they try to claim we the people are racist because we don’t agree

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Hear anything about Hilary hiring a firm to spy on Trump during the election?

Yes I did. Speaking of firms trumps accounting firm just dropped him over claims that his records can’t be trusted. Then in court Trump claimed he had no knowledge of his finances only to publish a message thr next day saying he knows all about his finances. Drain the swamp right?

But none of this should matter for us. We should be talking about the events that affect change and work together to reduce the divide

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m working on acting more like this myself. Want to join me?

Count me in.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>DeRangedFishinguy wrote:</div>
    You’ll never get an answer out of one either… they’ll just deflect and scream “But Trump”

Oh please. It’s the same sh*t on both sides. Trump just handed over 15 boxes of white house documents he had in his closet in Florida.

Thanks for proving my point…

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

But none of this should matter for us. We should be talking about the events that affect change and work together to reduce the divide

Agree wholeheartedly, however, everything coming out of either side, but ESPECIALLY the left wing is doing the exact opposite of this. And I’ll continue to wait to hear someone from that side actually step up and take ownership of it and denounce it.

CaptainMusky

Agree wholeheartedly, however, everything coming out of either side, but ESPECIALLY the left wing is doing the exact opposite of this. And I’ll continue to wait to hear someone from that side step up and take ownership of it and denounce it.

I was extremely surprised to see Omar (of all people) speak out against the media targeting people who donated to the trucker campaign (data was leaked).

mojogunter

I guess I will state the obvious here. Four times in the US, a candidate has won the popular vote but lost the electoral college vote, so with a statement like that you must feel that our system is also flawed. I personally think it is and the electoral college should be eliminated, but that is a different argument.

So it then sounds like the election system is at fault then, if the majority of the voters “didn’t want him in office.”

Someone previously stated that in our election system (presidential), its not about how many votes you get, its about WHICH votes you get. As in which states you win. If Toronto decides the outcome of an election, the solution is simple: win Toronto. It may be easier said than done, but that’s how it can be accomplished, right?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Agree wholeheartedly, however, everything coming out of either side, but ESPECIALLY the left wing is doing the exact opposite of this. And I’ll continue to wait to hear someone from that side actually step up and take ownership of it and denounce it.
    [/quote]

So before you act like an adult you want someone from the left to act like an adult first? What are you looking for exactly? Everyone who voted for biden to stand up in unison and say I’m sorry directly to you? Just trying to understand what your ask is

I don’t agree with much of what “the left” stands for or does but certainly on this site I’d be in the category of communist. I’ve never called any self identified “righty” a racist but if it makes you feel better for me to denounce, im not sure what, on behalf of half the nation I will.

OR we could just try to put all the bull**** aside and try to make better choices moving forward

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

OR we could just try to put all the bull**** aside and try to make better choices moving forward
    [/quote]

I agree. But the problem is. The rich elites in power don’t care what our choices are. They make them for us. Both parties are completely corrupt and dirty.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

ill extend an olive branch first

Not everything Donald Trump did either in his personal life or as an elected official was bad.

Now to bring it back to the topic of the Canadian truckers protest I will ask a question for those hoping to see this replicated in America?

What specifically are you hoping to see happen here? I understand end to mandates but how do you envision that playing out exactly and do you think it would or should end with covid-19 mandates or do you think the momentum should or would continue on to other political topics? I think the people should rule but what i become concerned with is in this day and age and with movements like these small minorities of people can end up being in power. Then you just have a transfer of power from Washington to some other fringe group

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They are in power.

No olive branch here. I’m happy on my side of what I believe.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Well you lasted a long time in not pointing fingers and working together. Between you posting that statement at 11:51 and 1:28 you posted 2 more replies that looked a lot like finger pointing and not working toward agreements. The first was yet another of your clarification on your feelings towards Trump and the 2nd one was more of your lefty and righty crap.

Viewing 30 posts - 721 through 750 (of 880 total)

The topic ‘Truckers convoy in Canada’ is closed to new replies.