Truckers convoy in Canada

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

When you have Premiers opposing your actions, Police chiefs Resigning over them, and former military and police members calling for all veterans and past police members to stand up for freedoms they fought and served for, its not good. Trudeau better be careful, Canada is a country ready to explode.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The Patriot Act was passed when the Twin Towers came down. It’s a over reaching act which allows the government to do basically anything they want if they can even vaguely link it to terrorism. It’s where the government gets it’s power to access your bank accounts and require you verify where funds come from. It’s also how prisoners in Gitmo just disappear. If you get charged with anything under the Patriot Act your rights go right out the window.

As with everything the government does they have widened the scope to include damn near anything they want to look at.

buschman
    Pool 2

10/4 I answered Gander and was thinking the American rescue plan.. Thanks for clearing that up dutch!

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Thanks for the clarification.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Lots of Americans in this thread who became overnight experts on Canada and Canadian law. coffee

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Lots of Americans in this thread who became overnight experts on Canada and Canadian law. coffee

Doesn’t matter if you live in the US or In Canada. A government overstepping its power is the Same – Its wrong !!! People are getting tired of it and are starting to stand up for their Freedom.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Just end the mandates. It’s that simple. What good are they doing anyway???

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

When you have Premiers opposing your actions, Police chiefs Resigning over them…Canada is a country ready to explode.

Might want to go ahead and check your facts on why the Ottawa Police Chief actually resigned…Go ahead. I’ll wait. whistling

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    When you have Premiers opposing your actions, Police chiefs Resigning over them…Canada is a country ready to explode.

Might want to go ahead and check your facts on why the Ottawa Police Chief actually resigned…Go ahead. I’ll wait. whistling

Why don’t you be so kind and inform us what CNN, CBC, etc told you the reason why he resigned was.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Here is what came up
    Showing results for why did the ottawa police chief resign
    Search instead for why did the ottowa police cheif resign

Ottawa Police Chief Peter Sloly has resigned after weeks of criticism for his handling of anti-vaccine mandate protests that have paralysed the city. Protesters have occupied the downtown core of Canada’s capital for 19 days, halting traffic and enraging residents.2 hours ago

Ottawa police chief resigns amid anti-mandate protests – BBC

So are you trying to say it had nothing to do with the current situation????
    Go ahead. I’ll wait. whistling

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s wild how you judge others on the overnight knowledge they have gained, while you infact are the exact same way. All the way from your expertise in the covid shot, to the booster shot, now to freedom, protests, and the Ottawa Police resignation

B-man

Well I went and took the temperature of Minnesota today on the bridge again, with a Canadian flag raised high above Old Glory next to her.

It’s very clear to me that a lot more people are noticing what’s going on in Canada right now compared to the last time I did it almost two weeks ago.

Many more honks, air horns, waves, cheers and thumbs up. Everyone from commuters, truck drivers, school bus drivers, EMS, State Troopers, etc. I’d say it easily drew twice as much attention as before.

The positive reactions again out-numbered the negatives by a “slight” 100-to-1 margin. It was beautiful.

I saw a couple handfuls of middle fingers and thumbs down. One guy on the overpass rolled down his window to yell “Fu#k Donald Trump!”….Because somehow the protest for freedom is about him? Get a clue dude Lol

Not much later a lady rolled down her window and yelled “I hope you fu#king die!!!”….with her kids in the car!

Jesus Christ lady rotflol

I find it tremendously ironic that the same group labeling freedom fighters as extremists are the real extremists themselves.

Sadly they’re so indoctrinated they cannot see it themselves. The world just wants to move on with life with or without them, to live free and without mandates. Extreme, I know…

After that I saw Bearcat again in the Kenworth and got an air horn blast peace

A few minutes later a stranger pulled up on the overpass and stopped right behind me. He reached out with a fresh cup of hot chocolate and said “Thank you for what you’re doing sir!”

When I turned around to thank him back we both had instant recognition. He didn’t know it was me until that moment. Turns out he was my city inspector on one of my jobsites 20 miles away last fall. We had a brief conversation and parted ways toast

Freedom is coming people. Our country just needs a nudge to get the ball rolling.

buschman
    Pool 2

Well, you know the old saying. 2 weeks to flatten the curve.

Seems it took a convoy of semi trucks to do it. I don’t know if you all seen this yet. Doug Ford just took a 180

buschman
    Pool 2

Good work out there B-man!!

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I’m really impressed with these Canadians. To have a protest go this long with no violence is really something by USA standards. Just think if it was a blm protest how many small businesses would be looted and burned down by now. The contrast is as stark as it could ever be.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Why don’t you be so kind and inform us what CNN, CBC, etc told you the reason why he resigned was.

I prefer Reuters and The Hill, actually. They’re consistently rated as the least politically biased news sources. I prefer to draw my own conclusions rather than being told what to think by propaganda outlets on either side of issues.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/americas/594357-ottawa-police-chief-resigns-after-protest-response-criticism

The police chief resigning due to his sense of honor about failing to do an adequate job, is very different than resigning in protest over the Federal Emergency Act. Very, very different. But hey, I get that the difference might involve nuance and doesn’t fit the narrative in this thread.

B-man

Micheal, but what did HE really say, not what the opinion of “multiple sources” say??

Oh here it is. He didn’t say directly what caused his resignation one way or another.

The timing of it sure seemed odd though.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220216-080020.png

stout93
    Becker MN

The police chief resigning due to his sense of honor about failing to do an adequate job, is very different than resigning in protest over the Federal Emergency Act. Very, very different. But hey, I get that the difference might involve nuance and doesn’t fit the narrative in this thread.

No, he resigned amid severe criticism from the far-left communists in Canada, and because he did not crack down hard enough on the people demanding freedom from oppressive COVID mandates.

In essence, he was forced out.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

He didn’t say directly what caused his resignation one way or another.

This is the ONLY source I trust. Right from the horse’s mouth.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Minneapolis is 1200 miles from Ottawa. It’s doubtful any news reaches Minnesota that hasn’t been sanitized and twisted to fit a certain narrative.

What we know for a fact is people world wide are getting tired of dealing with Covid and the zealots on both sides of the issue.

CaptainMusky

It isnt just Canada that is aggressively protesting. I just watched a video from France where people just parked their cars in tunnels and walked away as a sign of protest against the sanctions there. Its happening everywhere. Even in New Zealand where they were lauded for “handling it right” by essentially isolating themselves from the outside world for over a year and now their cases are skyrocketing.
    Respiratory viruses do what respiratory viruses do. There is no stopping them. Comparing a respiratory virus to something like polio or small pox is completely ridiculous and people are now starting to see through the BS the so called experts have been force feeding everyone.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I never said he resigned in protest over the Federal Emergency Act. In fact I never said why he resigned. I simply implied that he resigned in part to the current situation. Everything I’ve read from him and others seems to agree that this is true.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

[/quote]

This is just more pure ignorance. You clearly can not see beyond your tunnel vision

CaptainMusky

This is just more pure ignorance. You clearly can not see beyond your tunnel vision

After 2 years of this BS its quite obvious there is no changing anyone’s mind based on what “side” they are on. They are either blindly following orders OR questioning everything. There really is no in between.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Okay, kettle. People’s beliefs about the pandemic and best responses to the pandemic have been shaped by emotion and politics rather than by actual health information. True “ignorance” is actually in failing to realize this and it’s impact on what you believe and where you get your information.

“The key difference at the level of psychological reactions is the core emotions a pandemic elicits, compared to other major emergencies…In the case of COVID-19, instead of reacting with anger (like in the case of a national security crisis), citizens react with anxiety towards the plague and its health, social, and economic ramifications. Such a reaction would lead individuals to seek the familiarity of their leader and of their political “home” in the form of their political party. In order to reduce anxiety and feel safe, people would act in a partisan fashion, taking the cues from their party on how to react to the pandemic, with the goal of reducing the sense of anxiety…Republicans and Democrats trusted different sources of information about the unfamiliar threat. This may be doubly true when people spent most of their time indoors, obtaining their information from their favorite TV channels and social media platforms, where echo chambers may further sustain initial preconceptions and partisan biases.” (Sommer, 2021)

CaptainMusky

Okay, kettle. People’s beliefs about the pandemic and best responses to the pandemic have been shaped by emotion and politics rather than by actual health information. True “ignorance” is actually in failing to realize this and it’s impact on what you believe and where you get your information.

The ignorance is believing that there is no suppression of actual treatment options and the fact they keep pumping the vaccines and boosters when there is no sign they stop spread. We’ve known for well over a year that comorbidities greatly increased risk to bad outcomes, but did you ever once hear any of the so called experts advocating for exercising? Boosting their Vitamin D levels, etc? Not in the MSM you didnt. Drs that tried to share these thoughts have all been banned from social media and their videos taken down from traditional avenues as “misinformation”. THIS is politicizing the pandemic. You cannot just ban certain information because you disagree with it or silence the people. People are fed up they have been lied to for 2 years.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Ignorance is when you and only you are correct on every situation everyday all day. Never listening to the opposing crowd and then shame them. There are a few of you guys here. Ignorant l.

I imagine you are smarter because the news source you follow is more pure

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Ignorance is when you and only you are correct on every situation everyday all day. Never listening to the opposing crowd and then shame them. There are a few of you guys here. Ignorant l. I imagine you are smarter because the news source you follow is more pure

the internet is a good place for argument, and a bad place for discussion. some things deserve to be publicly dismissed – not individual people – but some ideas for sure. if that comes across as shaming a person, that’s probably part me being a bad messenger and part them being sensitive. for sure not smarter, but definitely try to be well-informed through the use of non-partisan information sources.

We’ve known for well over a year that comorbidities greatly increased risk to bad outcomes, but did you ever once hear any of the so called experts advocating for exercising? Boosting their Vitamin D levels, etc? Not in the MSM you didnt. Drs that tried to share these thoughts have all been banned from social media and their videos taken down from traditional avenues as “misinformation”. THIS is politicizing the pandemic. You cannot just ban certain information because you disagree with it or silence the people. People are fed up they have been lied to for 2 years.

I’m less sure…other health contributions have been pretty clear from the start and even used as a reason by some to not get vaccinated, and there’s no shortage of advocacy for managing health conditions through exercise and lifestyle. that existed pre-pandemic and just continued throughout so maybe less noticeable? and the contributions of Vitamin D deficiency has been extensively covered once it was supported by quality research released through bona fide sources – something that simply has not occurred for some of the more controversial approaches that were presented as “cures” and labeled as misinformation.

CaptainMusky

something that simply has not occurred for some of the more controversial approaches that were presented as “cures” and labeled as misinformation.

Those “cures” have been used widely in other countries and the data shows there was benefit. Japan, Brazil, Switzerland, India, etc all have used those controversial treatments and have data to support them working, yet you dont hear a peep about it and they attempt to get Joe Rogan canceled since he had some Dr on talk about it and his Dr prescribed them to himself. Do you know who was behind the whole “horse dewormer” propaganda? Here’s a hint, the company that manufactures said drug AND one of the vaccines who was just coming out with a therapeutic pill. Astonishing.

Viewing 30 posts - 691 through 720 (of 880 total)

The topic ‘Truckers convoy in Canada’ is closed to new replies.