Truckers convoy in Canada

• B-man

But they want fewer rrgulations to actually cross the border. I see a lot of crying about papers and QR codes at the border.

I don’t think too many people are whining about a passport…you know, like a real one.

A QR code proving your vaccination status has nothing to do with security.

It is however a way for the Canadian government to sneak in mandatory digital identification, which opens up a new can of worms that we will be dealing with here sooner or later as well.

Stay tuned on that. It will even have the sheep wearing tin foil hats as fancy as mine.

Deuces

seen on the news Iran the inflation is out of control, the store shelves are empty and store good are hard to get, they say it’s due to the sanctions on them, but it doesn’t sound much different then here.
    I shoot trap during summer, if you can find ammo, it priced so outrageous it’s may be something that as much as I enjoy it I may have to quit ! all in a years time due to pandemic and domestic policies we’re currently running, something got to give, and give soon! hell, I’m still waiting on a dishwasher that I ordered back on Dec. 10 that been pushed back twice already, and I think it’s being made in the twin cities.

JC dude did you just compare people not being able to afford what would be very basic foods, to you not being able to pew pew some clay $hit and a backordered dishwasher!?

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>
    I shoot trap during summer, if you can find ammo, it priced so outrageous it’s may be something that as much as I enjoy it I may have to quit ! all in a years time due to pandemic and domestic policies we’re currently running,

There’s very little that’s limited to only being “current” regarding ammo shortages and prices. I’m 37 and it seems like my entire adult life it’s been this way. Tons of factors involved with this. It didn’t just get that way in a years time.

I’m close to 70, I’ve seen ammo go up, but I’ve never seen it go up and this amount or the shortage we’re experiencing right now.

Beast

JC dude did you just compare people not being able to afford what would be very basic foods, to you not being able to pew pew some clay $hit and a backordered dishwasher!?

I’m saying with the sky rocketing price of everything and the pandemic policies being enforced If we don’t get back in full production we could see the same thing here.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Not much positive being said about Trudeau right now. I think he is done for, chalk him up along the ilk of Neville Chamberlain.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

shooting the messenger isn’t a very sophisticated strategy, but hey if it works for you…

for me, i go mask free everywhere except where it’s required. i’m vaccinated and boosted and so is my family, so if someone isn’t vaccinated at this point? frankly, i don’t care about you enough for it to inconvenience me any longer. i hope you don’t die, but that’s on you.

at the same time, wearing a mask where required such as all day at work for me in a congregate setting is no big deal. it’s a mask, it’s literally nothing. and turning masks into an all-or-nothing conversation is without nuance (ie., claiming that cloth masks don’t work therefore masking is useless). as in everything, there’s a range of benefit.

Even with Delta, masks failed to protect from the small aerosols that can carry the virus. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/10/commentary-what-can-masks-do-part-1-science-behind-covid-19-protection When the number of people shedding virus increases, protective measures must also be increased.

I think the governments only cared about the economy during the entire pandemic, trying to make people feel safe so they would stay working.

Canada should really consider better options for keeping people safe, like installing UV-C systems in healthcare facilities. The mandate doesn’t make much sense with the current state of the pandemic. We are on the downhill side of the current surge. The mandate would have needed to go into affect before Christmas for it to make any sense, but that is govt for you

BigWerm
    SW Metro

“Trudeau and his cabinet invoked emergency wartime powers, labeled protesters terrorists, denounced them for carrying out an “illegal occupation,” eliminated due process to freeze assets, extolled the primacy of the economy, and empowered police. Definitely not “fascism” though” -journalist Michael Tracey

Even the Canadian Civil Liberties Association made a statement in opposition: http://www.twitter.com/cancivlib/status/1493383579983917057?s=21

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Pretty sure no matter what side your on you should be concerned with this!
    Pretty crazy stuff.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The mandate doesn’t make much sense with the current state of the pandemic. We are on the downhill side of the current surge. The mandate would have needed to go into affect before Christmas for it to make any sense, but that is govt for you

Seems like that has been a problem during the entire pandemic: failure to see what was coming. Its always late and by then, its too late. Everyone knew that there was going to be a rapid peak of omicron based on data from South Africa and the UK, yet nothing was done until it already happened.

Trudeau may or may not be done. That will be determined during the next election. Certainly a specific demographic of voters and posters on here do not find him to be a popular leader, but that only represents a very small sample size.

Umy
    South Metro

Yes he was.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Wasn’t Turddough just recently re-elected?

The 2021 elections was for the house of Commons seats in which the liberal party was hoping to get 170 which would give them majority. They ended with 160. It’s a little different in Canada the prime minister can call an election if he feels he can gain common seats. I don’t fully understand how or why it works that way.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

What’s the new treatment option the govt has been working on for 2 years that keeps people out of the hospital and off the vent should they catch the virus?????? NOTHING.

buschman
    Pool 2

Pretty sure no matter what side your on you should be concerned with this!
    Pretty crazy stuff.

It is very crazy! These protesters are protected by law. When a government overrides these laws with false accusations and goes above their law it is crazy. It is something anyone should be worried about. Not just freezing the gofundme or givesendgo but everything here. These mandates are not within the law. Removing peaceful protest is not within the law and taking their money is theft!

castle-rock-clown

What’s the new treatment option the govt has been working on for 2 years that keeps people out of the hospital and off the vent should they catch the virus?????? NOTHING.

Attachments:
    1. C30C46DE-BB32-41EB-BB1D-695AEB83625D.png

buschman
    Pool 2

This gal is attorney in NYC. It is worth the watch. I think she goes a little far on the government side but agree 100% with her on the vaccine and mandates. She is fighting the mandates here in the USA and the feeling is much the same in Canada.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

This gal is attorney in NYC. It is worth the watch. I think she goes a little far on the government side but agree 100% with her on the vaccine and mandates. She is fighting the mandates here in the USA and the feeling is much the same in Canada.

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe loading=”lazy” title=”FreedomConvoy USA "We have a right to resist and we have an obligation & duty to do so!" T. Lindsay” width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/QOxKpCeJPRE?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>

I saw that the other day. Well spoken and passionate. Nominate her for supreme court.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

crc beating his vax drum again…… coffee

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2022-02-15-092248.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Delta Airlines was able to vaccinate over 99% of their work force without mandating it or removing any employees.

They simply required unvaccinated employees to pay more for health insurance. Its obvious at this point that if you aren’t vaccinated, you have a higher likelihood of having serious illness. A hospital stay isn’t cheap and health insurance companies know this. Delta Airlines know this too. My health insurance requires people who smoke to pay a higher health insurance premium too because they are higher risk.

I am not for a government mandate, QR codes, etc, but a private employer can implement this however they want to in order to keep their employees safe while on the job. A trucking company is no different. That is why many of them waited until it had Standard Authorization. Emergency Use Authorization is on skakey legal ground because it lacks data.

castle-rock-clown

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe loading=”lazy” title=”FreedomConvoy USA "We have a right to resist and we have an obligation & duty to do so!" T. Lindsay” width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/QOxKpCeJPRE?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>

And that is her opinion, others may differ…

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Without having a stake in this argument, isn’t the EUA essentially the Patriot Act?

Leftysrconfused

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Sorry crc you answered the wrong question.

Don’t forget about those who died before the vaccine was stirred up.

buschman
    Pool 2

Its actually the laws within our constitution. Not opinion. Her name is Tricia Lindsay. Feel free to ask her. She is a civil law attorney.

B-man

The police chief of Ottawa just said “fu#k this”….

On day one of the government strong-arm

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220215-132657.png

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The police chief of Ottawa just said “fu#k this”….

On day one of the government strong-arm

Seems to me they have a tyrant on the ropes and its up to the citizens to decide which way to go. Unfortunately their big city populations may decide the whole countries fate as is so common here.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

[/quote]

This is not an opinion. This is a right our constitution and government is supposed to withhold

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

[/quote]

This is not a opinion, this is our right as Americans, our government is supposed to withhold those laws not bend them

CaptainMusky

And the head of Police in Ottawa resigned this morning. I didnt know it, but his dad apparently pulled this same stunt when he was leading Canada.

buschman
    Pool 2

Without having a stake in this argument, isn’t the EUA essentially the Patriot Act?

Hi Ganderpike. Some will know much more than I do on this topic but can I can break it down pretty quick. They are very different.

The EUA is an EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION. This is what allowed the distribution of a MRNA shot that was not FDA approved. It allows government to buy and distribute this product without the backing of the FDA and releases all of the parties involved of liability to events that it may cause.

The Patriot Act (See below) edited

Viewing 30 posts - 661 through 690 (of 880 total)

The topic ‘Truckers convoy in Canada’ is closed to new replies.