Truckers convoy in Canada

• Justin Donson

These liberal control freaks have been hurting society for the past two years. That is the plain and simple of it. No other arguments to be made other than I don’t need you left wing liberal know it all’s deciding what’s best for me or my kids.
    You want to wear a mask, go for it. You want to get vaccinated, go for it. What anyone else does doesn’t concern you. That is the plain and simple of the message. All you lefty’s just need to spin it so it makes everyone else into the radical, when really, it’s still the lefty’s that are the radicals. The rest of us will just be going about our normal lives..which is what the message is. Let us go about our lives as normal.

Rebuttal enough for you?? asking for the same friend

Whoa, now show me where on the doll the libs hurt you.

They’ve been hurting us for years! With their…things, and their….liberalness, and their…..radicalness.

Such substance, A+.

Canada and US, the conservative party is far more extreme than the so-called liberal party, and it’s not even close.

B-man

Justin, putting politics and control aside, we all need to look at the big picture of the unintended consequences these measures put in place “to protect us” are having.

You blow off the damage of masks and measures, saying people are just whining and they do no harm.

The psychological damage our young population is going through is nothing short of horrendous.

From babies to seniors in highschool; they’re being affected the worst.

They need human interaction and to see faces, smiles, frowns, and emotions. It’s absolutely critical for their development and emotional health.

Think of the millions of young children who spend every day at school without seeing a smile from a friend or a teacher. Instead, they hear muffled voices and no emotion. Day, after day, after day, after day…

That’s NOT NORMAL. It is a huge detriment to their education and development. Humans NEED to see faces, especially growing children/teenagers.

I encourage you to research the emotional damage taking place. Masking our children is far more dangerous than the virus is to them.

There has been a sharp rise in mental disorders, depression, anxiety, self-harm and suicide with our children caused directly from lockdowns and masking.

It’s not about being whiny or cry babies as you put it…. It’s about mental health, along with hundreds of other things negativity impacted.

I posted this video on this thread a while back, but it’s absolutely worth posting again.

It is emotional, I will warn you. But he has a point that needs to be brought up over and over again….

It’s not a news story, or propaganda from either side. It’s a story about a child actually seeing a face.

https://m.facebook.com/video.php/?video_id=5232613713429800

Mike

There has been a sharp rise in mental disorders, depression, anxiety, self-harm and suicide with our children caused directly from lockdowns and masking.

Citation needed.

Yet another talking point trotted out by conservatives while providing no support for programs that provide for mental health care and well being.

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

Citation needed.

Yet another talking point trotted out by conservatives while providing no support for programs that provide for mental health care and well being.

What’s funny about your comment is that I first heard about how serious it was on NPR….[Mike gasps and falls out of his chair]

You can now take your comment above and put it in a free crack pipe to smoke.

Use Google Mike. You can do it, I have faith in you.

How about instead of spending money on government programs to “fix” the mental health issues induced by government programs, we just stop the government programs that you say need government programs to fix?

You know, like cure the root of the problem instead of orchestrating an endless cycle of wasteful spending that would accomplish next to nothing??

Or is that idea too conservati….I mean common sense for you to grasp?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

– truckers convoy to large provincial cities to ‘protest’ what amounts to a mild inconvenience and look like total cry babies.

– Ontario’s conservative government welcomes them with open arms.

I’d say losing your livelihood is more than a “mild inconvenience”, as is loss of body autonomy. What did Ontario do to welcome them with open arms? Seems they’ve taken a very adversarial approach from the beginning. So if you want to support your opinion with some facts, I’m happy to discuss. There is no longer anything liberal about the left, they are authoritarian’s who oppose free speech (trucker protest, attempting to silence dissenting voices etc.) and require groupthink or face banishment. And I’m not a republican. Curious what you do for a living to be a productive member of society Justin?

buschman
    Pool 2

Did you have any actual rebuttal to the situation or my points, or just confused because it’s not what you hear on Fox News or in your right wing echo chambers?

Seems like this is all you are looking for here Justin. A rebuttal or argument to cater to your feelings.

I am not here to try and change your mind about politics of a country we do not live in. Waste of time and space in a thread that’s much bigger than politics right now. This is people around the world sick of their government going to far. Liberals or Conservatives. Find a new thread to play in if you dont get it…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not sure about you guys, but Canada seems like a pretty decent country to live in compared to a total authoritarian government like China or Russia.

Could be a whole lot worse. Just my 2 cents

the_hat
    SE Metro

Whoa, now show me where on the doll the libs hurt you.

They’ve been hurting us for years! With their…things, and their….liberalness, and their…..radicalness.

Such substance, A+.

Canada and US, the conservative party is far more extreme than the so-called liberal party, and it’s not even close.
    [/quote]

Wait, what? You want to play with dolls now….I’m so lost.
    You must be the champ of ” I know you are but what am I out on the playground”.
    You get the facts and respond just like a sheepish Lib would.

B-man

Not sure about you guys, but Canada seems like a pretty decent country to live in compared to a total authoritarian government like China or Russia.

Could be a whole lot worse. Just my 2 cents

Agreed 1000%

The whole point is to not get there in the first place.

If we as a people do nothing, it WILL, not “could be” a whole lot worse

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

So, if you oppose authoritarian government, what are you in favor of?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The United States Constitution, Bill of Rights, and a representative Republic of the people and for the people.

B-man

Ummmmmmm…

Ummmmmmm…

A Democracy??

A Republic??

A mix??

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I mean ideologically speaking.

buschman
    Pool 2

People are against government over reach! When you are force to close a business, lose your job and keep your kids out of school and from seeing their friends it is a problem. When you are forced to wear face coverings, get new MRNA injections and carry a QR code to buy bread and water it is a problem. Bigger than any virus is. Maybe some are ok with it. They can do it by their choice but most believe a government cannot force people to do this when it is against their written rights into the government they elected.

CaptainMusky

People are against government over reach! When you are force to close a business, lose your job and keep your kids out of school and from seeing their friends it is a problem. When you are forced to wear face coverings, get new MRNA injections and carry a QR code to buy bread and water it is a problem. Bigger than any virus is. Maybe some are ok with it. They can do it by their choice but most believe a government cannot force people to do this when it is against their written rights into the government they elected.

100%

BigWerm
    SW Metro

here has been a sharp rise in mental disorders, depression, anxiety, self-harm and suicide with our children caused directly from lockdowns and masking.

Citation needed.

“Emergency room visits for adolescent suicide attempts soared this past summer and winter, especially among girls, perhaps in connection to America’s struggle with Covid-19, new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data revealed Friday.

There was a 22.3 percent spike in ER trips for potential suicides by children aged 12 to 17 in summer 2020 compared to 2019, according to findings published in the CDC’s “Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.”

That trend seemed to continue into this recently completed academic year as visits were up by 39.1 percent this winter, compared to the previous winter, the report said.

The data was particularly alarming among among girls aged 12 to 17. Between Feb. 21 and March 20 this year, emergency department visits for potential suicide attempts were up 50.6 percent compared to the same period in 2019, data showed.

And they visited emergency rooms for suspected suicide attempts 26.2 percent more often between July 26 and Aug. 22 than they did during the same time in 2019, the CDC researchers said.

The CDC analysis was drawn from data collected by the National Syndromic Surveillance Program.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/youth-suicide-attempts-soared-during-pandemic-cdc-report-says-n1270463

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

“Emergency room visits for adolescent suicide attempts soared this past summer and winter, especially among girls, perhaps in connection to America’s struggle with Covid-19, new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data revealed Friday.

There was a 22.3 percent spike in ER trips for potential suicides by children aged 12 to 17 in summer 2020 compared to 2019, according to findings published in the CDC’s “Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.”

That trend seemed to continue into this recently completed academic year as visits were up by 39.1 percent this winter, compared to the previous winter, the report said.

The data was particularly alarming among among girls aged 12 to 17. Between Feb. 21 and March 20 this year, emergency department visits for potential suicide attempts were up 50.6 percent compared to the same period in 2019, data showed.

And they visited emergency rooms for suspected suicide attempts 26.2 percent more often between July 26 and Aug. 22 than they did during the same time in 2019, the CDC researchers said.

The CDC analysis was drawn from data collected by the National Syndromic Surveillance Program.”

Because of this the CDC and the White House released the guidance over the summer for schools to have in person learning.

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

Citation needed.

Dude. If you don’t think there was some serious harm done to individuals due to the lockdowns and mandates I don’t know what to tell you.

I actually don’t know what to say…it’s bewildering that people think it’s all a big conspiracy that there are, AND WILL BE serious mental health issues going on for decades because of this..

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Dude. If you don’t think there was some serious harm done to individuals due to the lockdowns and mandates I don’t know what to tell you.

I actually don’t know what to say…it’s bewildering that people think it’s all a big conspiracy that there are, AND WILL BE serious mental health issues going on for decades because of this..

Amen. Here’s a really depressing thread on the impact these government mandates have had on adults:
    http://www.twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/status/1491456492998127617?s=20&t=KqMTEu566rWxTUn9Xm27_A

Mike

“Young persons might represent a group at high risk because they might have been particularly affected by mitigation measures, such as physical distancing (including a lack of connectedness to schools, teachers, and peers); barriers to mental health treatment; increases in substance use; and anxiety about family health and economic problems, which are all risk factors for suicide,” according to the report.

I don’t see anything about mask wearing in there? Physical distance, sure.

The conservative answer to depression has always been ‘go outside!’. It’s not something you solve with happy thoughts. It takes work, and programs to help the less fortunate who are unable to seek help on their own. And how many LGBTQ youths have been irreparably harmed by the rights stance on those issues? And freedom? Why such a strong need to control women’s bodies then? I assume you’re all pro-choice? Pro cannabis legalization as well, right? Nothing but a party of hypocrites and grifters.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Yonkers!
    Everybody has blame and anybody that has access to the internet can easily find arguments to support one’s own view while discounting the whole picture.
    So sad many take this to an extreme to prove what? That they actually have control of their wellbeing if only “they” would listen to me and agree with what I’m shouting about.
    Carry on.

B-man

Some people cannot see the forest through the trees.

Some see only trees.

There’s others yet that see only one tree, or even just the bark.

What’s that river in Egypt called again?

For fuxx-sake, not everything in this world is about politics. Rise above them to think for yourself, even if it goes against your “party” if you feel the need to be in one.

I’m not in a party, I believe in what’s right. What the hell does weed, abortion, and gay people have anything to do with this? Dragging buckets of mud into the pool is pointless and a distraction from the topic at hand.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

We all see the forest. It is how deep we look into it like you suggest. I suspect not many see the forest living in the forest.
    If your a fan of Radiolab you get the jist.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The United States Constitution, Bill of Rights, and a representative Republic of the people and for the people.

Those are all very liberal concepts. I’m glad we all have some common ground. I think the overwhelming majority of Americans and Canadians agree with these liberal philosophies.

So then why do 2/3 of Canadians oppose these protests? Surely they are “pro-freedom”. Liberate Canada, right?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Figures don’t lie if liars don’t figure.

buschman
    Pool 2

Mike’s intentions are not to understand or discuss this Convoy. He is just here to push some BS and stir the pot. I believe he would rather this post gets removed is my guess.

Mike, find a new thread to post about LGPQTRS and legalize.

This is about a convoy in Canada and is obvious you don’t like it.

B-man asked nicely as well. Let’s see if you can be an adult and scroll along please.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I’m getting a little concerned for the truckers up north after today’s move by the Canadian government. Just can’t see it going well if they forcefully try to remove these rigs. Think its going to end bad to going after their livelihood to. How fricken stupid can the Canadian government and ours be to not see that just dropping the vaccine mandates is the way out of this? Seems to me they would rather see blood.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m getting a little concerned for the truckers up north after today’s move by the Canadian government. Just can’t see it going well if they forcefully try to remove these rigs. Think its going to end bad to going after their livelihood to. How fricken stupid can the Canadian government and ours be to not see that just dropping the vaccine mandates is the way out of this? Seems to me they would rather see blood.

Canada’s hospital surge capacity isn’t as large as ours. There’s blood shed either way. Either you support public health or you don’t. Far more people stand to be harmed if this movement succeeds. Fortunately it won’t.

Viewing 30 posts - 511 through 540 (of 880 total)

The topic ‘Truckers convoy in Canada’ is closed to new replies.