Truckers convoy in Canada

• Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Don Meier wrote:</div>
    I wonder how many are owner/operators ? Parked trucks make no money ?

They can’t make any money with out the Vax either. Hence the reason they are doing this

Maybe they could start a GO Fund Me ?

LabDaddy1

My dad is 75 years old. Was a trucker for 35 of them, some before and most after his “paid vacation” to Vietnam. I asked him the other day how he feels about the Canadian truck convoy and he goes, “what?”

He watches local news and nightline religiously, despite my lamentation and objections to it. Just goes to show how much isn’t even talked about by our media and how much power that media has over people. And he’s one of the most reasonable, down-to-earth guys I know.

You’d think it would be talked about or at least summarized by our news outlets. You’d also think they would talk about the happenings in Australia(he hadn’t heard about any of that either), especially on a “world news” segment. But I guess they don’t. Or won’t… idk.

This is just an observation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

You’d think it would be talked about or at least summarized by our news outlets. You’d also think they would talk about the happenings in Australia(he hadn’t heard about any of that either), especially on a “world news” segment. But I guess they don’t. Or won’t… idk.

Like many topics, it’s not on the ” approved” list for our so-called news networks as then people would actually be informed or want to have a discussion. Those types of things is best avoided in their minds and therefore does not make the list of news topics.

Paulski

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Police have said they are concerned about how the convoy has attracted far-right and extremist elements, and on Sunday confirmed they were dealing with more than 60 criminal investigations, with alleged offences including “mischief, thefts, hate crimes and property damage”.

“There have been racist signs, there have been a lot of reports of people being assaulted and harassed if they wear a mask,” Stephanie Carvon, Ottawa resident and former national security analyst for the Canadian government told the BBC.

She added that some organisers of the protest held extremist views, but had “successfully framed their actions in the name of the pandemic and ending the mandates, so they’ve earned the sympathy of a lot of Canadians who may not necessarily realise where this has come from”.

One demonstrator who drove for hours to join the protest in Ottawa, Kimberly Ball, told the AFP news agency that the protest was “about our freedom”.

“A couple of people we know, friends, lost their jobs because of these mandates,” she said, adding she had concerns about the safety and effectiveness of Covid vaccines.

Covid-19 vaccines have cut the risk of severe illness in those infected with the virus and serious side effects are extremely rare. More than 80% of the eligible population is fully vaccinated and a recent poll showed a majority of Canadians favoured imposing more restrictions on the unvaccinated.

A recent opinion poll by Abacus Data suggested 68% of Canadians felt they had “very little in common” with the protesters, while 32% said they “had a lot in common” with the truckers.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Most people including those here only know what they have read. It’s nearly impossible to know whats true and what isn’t true. For example Don, you quote a former government employee. Are we to believe she isn’t biased? So you have the news media spinning one way, the truckers spinning one way, a bunch of internet warriors spinning “what they’ve heard.” Is it any wonder that we don’t know what really is happening or which spin to believe?

stout93
    Becker MN

Police have said they are concerned about how the convoy has attracted far-right and extremist elements, and on Sunday confirmed they were dealing with more than 60 criminal investigations, with alleged offences including “mischief, thefts, hate crimes and property damage”.

“There have been racist signs, there have been a lot of reports of people being assaulted and harassed if they wear a mask,” Stephanie Carvon, Ottawa resident and former national security analyst for the Canadian government told the BBC.

She added that some organisers of the protest held extremist views, but had “successfully framed their actions in the name of the pandemic and ending the mandates, so they’ve earned the sympathy of a lot of Canadians who may not necessarily realise where this has come from”.

One demonstrator who drove for hours to join the protest in Ottawa, Kimberly Ball, told the AFP news agency that the protest was “about our freedom”.

“A couple of people we know, friends, lost their jobs because of these mandates,” she said, adding she had concerns about the safety and effectiveness of Covid vaccines.

Covid-19 vaccines have cut the risk of severe illness in those infected with the virus and serious side effects are extremely rare. More than 80% of the eligible population is fully vaccinated and a recent poll showed a majority of Canadians favoured imposing more restrictions on the unvaccinated.

A recent opinion poll by Abacus Data suggested 68% of Canadians felt they had “very little in common” with the protesters, while 32% said they “had a lot in common” with the truckers.

People still believing the government, polls and media propaganda just astounds me..

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Most people including those here only know what they have read. It’s nearly impossible to know whats true and what isn’t true. For example Don, you quote a former government employee. Are we to believe she isn’t biased? So you have the news media spinning one way, the truckers spinning one way, a bunch of internet warriors spinning “what they’ve heard.” Is it any wonder that we don’t know what really is happening or which spin to believe?

I agree with this. and yet all of us, including me, continue to talk about what we’ve read and heard as if we were there to witness it with our own eyes

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Well, we know they shut down the bridge from Detroit…an action that was awful unpopular on these pages just a few years ago when it was a different group protesting a different issue. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander?

you’re not going to get anyone here to acknowledge any sort of hypocrisy. all you will get in response is those who say “but but but…. killary” or you will get silence. We had 100 posts about riots in MPLS last year and when Jan 6 happened it was crickets

CaptainMusky

I agree with this. and yet all of us, including me, continue to talk about what we’ve read and heard as if we were there to witness it with our own eyes

Rebelnews has imbedded reporters who are videoing everything as it unfolds. They are in Coutts and in Ottawa. You can see whats going on. The racists have brought in bouncey castles for the kids to play in. What an insurrection.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I have been involved in a few protest . The first was not by my choice . It was in Naples Italy and the Communist party was marching down a street with over 500 people . Not speaking Italian i had no idea who they were . 2 people holding a banner spanning the street and all the protesters behind. I kept asking people on the street and finally got someone who spoke English answer me. I told him i was American and he immediately told me to get off the street ! Which i did . From what i witnessed it was peaceable . Next protest was over the Indian spearing . I believe every State Patrol in Wisconsin was there. Because that protest was anything but peaceable! I soon realized that i did not belong there. The crowd loaded up with liquid courage made complete jackasses of themselves . The news media was there and documented the event. Media in this case showed and reported the truth .

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The news media was there and documented the event. Media in this case showed and reported the truth .

Been along time since this happened.
    Besides a few days ago I seen a reporter getting heated with the cdc about the truth of covid in the hospitals. Over 40 percent of the covid cases being reported taking up hospital beds, are in fact not in the hospital with covid. Could be broken arms, car accidents, stitches and so on. But they happened to test positive as well. And then are reported that they are there with covid filling up beds
    Crazy if they would report that nation wide. But it takes doctors to blow the whistle and get punished

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I spent a lot of time last night watching videos and news clips about this event in order to understand it. I watched videos of their politicians discussing and arguing, people in every level of government and people on the street. This is not simply about a vax mandate. It’s much bigger. This is a serious possibly life altering situation. I wish nothing but the best for the Canadian people supporting the protest and protecting their freedoms. Good Luck!!!! applause

glenn57
    cold spring mn

so i’m really confused. hope someone can explain this for me???? i keep reading snipets where canadian law enforcement is restricting or making it illegal for people to bring these truckers, food, water and fuel……….how is that not legal??

for the record..i do support the truckers……..as long as it stays peaceful. looking forward to what happens here in the states!!!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

so i’m really confused. hope someone can explain this for me???? i keep reading snipets where canadian law enforcement is restricting or making it illegal for people to bring these truckers, food, water and fuel……….how is that not legal??

for the record..i do support the truckers……..as long as it stays peaceful. looking forward to what happens here in the states!!!!

I’ve seen reports from people supposedly on the ground saying only a few cops are doing this with fuel and most are turning their backs. That was yesterday. Im sure it changes daily.

CaptainMusky

A SWAT Team apparently stormed a pastor’s house and arrested him over night. He was set to meet with the truckers today. What would be the reasoning behind this?

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

A SWAT Team apparently stormed a pastor’s house and arrested him over night. He was set to meet with the truckers today. What would be the reasoning behind this?

Is the pastor Artur Pawlowski? If so, he is probably in violation of his latest parole terms.

HRG

CaptainMusky

Is the pastor Artur Pawlowski? If so, he is probably in violation of his latest parole terms.

HRG

I believe so. I wasnt aware of him, will have to check into his past then.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Don Meier wrote:</div>
    The news media was there and documented the event. Media in this case showed and reported the truth .

Been along time since this happened.
    Besides a few days ago I seen a reporter getting heated with the cdc about the truth of covid in the hospitals. Over 40 percent of the covid cases being reported taking up hospital beds, are in fact not in the hospital with covid. Could be broken arms, car accidents, stitches and so on. But they happened to test positive as well. And then are reported that they are there with covid filling up beds
    Crazy if they would report that nation wide. But it takes doctors to blow the whistle and get punished

I have a very very hard time believing that . A family friend needed gall bladder surgery and no beds available , she became sepsis needing antibiotics while she waited for a hospital with an opening our 2 local hospitals are full of covid patients . Best friends wife is an RN and confirmed this. Hospital beds do not fill up with broke arms.

stout93
    Becker MN

I have a very very hard time believing that . A family friend needed gall bladder surgery and no beds available , she became sepsis needing antibiotics while she waited for a hospital with an opening our 2 local hospitals are full of covid patients . Best friends wife is an RN and confirmed this. Hospital beds do not fill up with broke arms.

I think he is referring to the issue of including those that go into the hospital with something else and just happen to test positive for Covid. Those are counted as Covid hospitalization cases.

However, the Biden admin now wants to change that so as to not include them.

You see, the Biden admin have the mid terms coming up and their internal polling has shown them what a disaster their policies have been with the vast majority of people. By this time next year, the Dems will say they were against lockdowns (actually that’s already happening), they were against mask mandates, they were against school closures, etc. That’s how the Dems roll..

Gitchi Gummi

Well, we know they shut down the bridge from Detroit…an action that was awful unpopular on these pages just a few years ago when it was a different group protesting a different issue. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander?

you’re not going to get anyone here to acknowledge any sort of hypocrisy. all you will get in response is those who say “but but but…. killary” or you will get silence. We had 100 posts about riots in MPLS last year and when Jan 6 happened it was crickets

Sure is ironic, eh boys? Thanks for pointing this out and laying it out there – very well said Crappie and Michael CW.

buschman
    Pool 2

The convoy releases a press conference last night late.. I was only able to listen to 15 minutes at lunch. They are getting information that things could start to amplify with police and arrest. The information they received stated they will be shutting down all media “hitting the kill” switch when that happens.. Just rumors but imagine if that was to happen!!!

To this point everything has been getting video and live streamed. I would hope they do not go this route but EVERYONE will know if they do!

Beast

I have been involved in a few protest . The first was not by my choice . It was in Naples Italy and the Communist party was marching down a street with over 500 people . Not speaking Italian i had no idea who they were . 2 people holding a banner spanning the street and all the protesters behind. I kept asking people on the street and finally got someone who spoke English answer me. I told him i was American and he immediately told me to get off the street ! Which i did . From what i witnessed it was peaceable . Next protest was over the Indian spearing . I believe every State Patrol in Wisconsin was there. Because that protest was anything but peaceable! I soon realized that i did not belong there. The crowd loaded up with liquid courage made complete jackasses of themselves . The news media was there and documented the event. Media in this case showed and reported the truth .

I was involved with the spearing protest, and no I don’t drink, and I can tell you for a fact, the media only reported what would make a nore exciting headkine of redneck racist, they never once showed the rotting walleyes in the ditch or wounded dead floating up on lakeshores, reported the truth? far from it.

B-man

I think it’s great that this is finally getting news coverage in the United States.

I don’t care how disruptive it gets as long as it stays peaceful.

Block off every damn bridge in the country and splatter it all over the news.

Something else that most people don’t see, is that there are protests and convoys all over the globe in different countries right now.

Canada lit a fire under the world’s ass, one that’s been long overdue. Even liberals are getting tired of it.

The press can only hide it for so long.

This is only the beginning boys and girls, things need to change.

stout93
    Becker MN

I think it’s great that this is finally getting news coverage in the United States.

I don’t care how disruptive it gets as long as it stays peaceful.

Block off every damn bridge in the country and splatter it all over the news.

Something else that most people don’t see, is that there are protests and convoys all over the globe in different countries right now.

Canada lit a fire under the world’s ass, one that’s been long overdue. Even liberals are getting tired of it.

The press can only hide it for so long.

This is only the beginning boys and girls, things need to change.

It’s working. You can see that it’s working by how the narrative is changing in the US within the past few days. Five democratic run states have now reversed course on mask mandates in school. This reversal has nothing to do with science. Instead, they are fearful of the consequences if they don’t reverse course. The VA state senate (democratic controlled) just voted 29-9 in favor of giving parents the right to decide if their kid wears a mask or not.

B-man

Worth every minute of your time

Mike

It’s working. You can see that it’s working by how the narrative is changing in the US within the past few days. Five democratic run states have now reversed course on mask mandates in school. This reversal has nothing to do with science. Instead, they are fearful of the consequences if they don’t reverse course. The VA state senate (democratic controlled) just voted 29-9 in favor of giving parents the right to decide if their kid wears a mask or not.

roll

Or maybe it’s because, despite a chunk of the population not willing to do a damn thing to protect the health of themselves and others, the daily case rate is falling. The unvaccinated are still dying at much higher rates.. anything to own the libs, right?

Oh no! A graph!

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2022-02-08-154324.jpg

stout93
    Becker MN

The science around masks has not changed.

It is and always was political theater for Dems.

Now that the tide of the people has shifted so to has the Dem narrative.

B-man

Did you watch the whole thing Mike?

Like that that group of doctors speaking in Washington?

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 880 total)

The topic ‘Truckers convoy in Canada’ is closed to new replies.