Truckers convoy in Canada

• Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I wonder how many are owner/operators ? Parked trucks make no money ?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

They can’t make any money with out the Vax either. Hence the reason they are doing this

buschman
    Pool 2

The majority are owner operators involved in this. Many are vaccinated as well. I have not seen many company drivers from large fleets. I did see a Bison truck in one of the convoy videos pulling a trailer into Toronto so hard to say there. He might own the truck but not the trailer.

They might have some company drivers from small fleets driving along side the guy that owns the truck as well. But most are owner operators from what I know.

buschman
    Pool 2

BLM’ers marching down/blocking a PUBLIC ROADWAY is not and in fact should be ran down for blocking the road….

I believe the driver pulling the tanker in Mpls was convicted of a crime and the mob that pulled him out of the truck and beat the crap out of him was “the victims” though they were not harmed.

This is ironic… Brent, if you know anyone who hauls bulk liquids ask them about this scenario. The driver in this case made an emergency stop and saved more lives than most know.. It could have been much worst. He was doing his job and got beat up and tossed in jail.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Now they are threatening to arrest anyone who tries to help the truckers in Ottawa.

Is this like making it illegal to give food or water to someone standing in line to vote?

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Now they are threatening to arrest anyone who tries to help the truckers in Ottawa.

Is this like making it illegal to give food or water to someone standing in line to vote?

Well one could be perceived as a bribe so no.

Brent Siebenaler

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brent Siebenaler wrote:</div>
    So truckers blockading PUBLIC ROADWAYS is a peaceful protest….BLM’ers marching down/blocking a PUBLIC ROADWAY is not and in fact should be ran down for blocking the road….
    Nothing hypocritical about that lol.

Who said that? Besides the BLM protests nearly always involved destruction of something. That is when its beyond a protest.

It seems to be a very common sentiment amongst friends, co workers, other people out and about I converse with.

Similar to those that cry about “cancel culture” and then rant to boycott Carhartt for their vax policy…to those who talk about what big 2nd amendment folks they are then support the police in a situation like what happened to Amir Locke…

Just seems to me like there is a lot of flip flopping, selective outrage and “triggering” going on with both sides of the political spectrum.

Maybe I shouldn’t have quoted bearcat as it may seem like comments were directed at an individual at not generalizations…if that occurred I apologize. Wasn’t my intention.

CaptainMusky

Maybe I shouldn’t have quoted bearcat as it may seem like comments were directed at an individual at not generalizations…if that occurred I apologize. Wasn’t my intention.

It certainly seemed as though you directed it at him or people on this site, but I havent seen anyone here say anything like you encounter with your circle of friends.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Just seems to me like there is a lot of flip flopping, selective outrage and “triggering” going on with both sides of the political spectrum.

I commented on this several pages ago.

The RIGHT to protest is protected under the first ammendment. Granted, this trucker convoy thing is in Canada, so I am not sure what kind of rights they have there compared to ours (probably less would be my guess).

People have the right to protest whatever they want. Common themes that come to mind seem to be police brutality, gun rights, voting rights, vaccine mandates, etc. I or anyone else can agree or disagree with any of them. Quite honestly, I don’t care for any of them, regardless of what the cause is. That’s just my personal belief. I don’t protest and I never will. That’s just not how I roll.

Blocking a road is not a good idea both for the pedestrian and the vehicles. If you want to do it safely, do what B-man did and sit on a lawn chair above the road on a pedestrian bridge. You will get maximum exposure without putting anyone into harm’s way.

Brent Siebenaler

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brent Siebenaler wrote:</div>

It certainly seemed as though you directed it at him or people on this site, but I havent seen anyone here say anything like you encounter with your circle of friends.

Well then again I apologize for that. I guess I need to learn better how to separate generalizations from direct comments. Not a big message board user.

stout93
    Becker MN

Big news!

Truckers Loot Nike Stores, Burn Some Cop Cars So GoFundMe Will Reinstate Them

Brent Siebenaler

Big news!

Truckers Loot Nike Stores, Burn Some Cop Cars So GoFundMe Will Reinstate Them

Hey no fair…those truckers are copying U of M students! And Team Canada didn’t even take gold yet….wonder how bad it will get.

Ripjiggen

Beat me to it Reef Whooligan.

Here is a great quote from that thread.

Touch a hot stove you get burned fingers.
    Walk on a roadway you take chance of getting ran over.
    Block a Federal roadway and chance getting locked up.
    Doesn’t seem to be a democrat or republican issue. Doesn’t matter if you are red or yellow black or white or brown.

They should be in jail for blocking a public roadway not for protesting. Take over Rice park, Mears park, Loring park and have a great time.

whistling

Mike

Republican / right wing hypocrisy? Who’da thunk it? Wonder where the goalposts will move to next..

Ottawa police reported on Sunday they have made multiple arrests and opened more than 60 criminal investigations related to the convoy, mostly for mischief, thefts, property damage, and hate crimes. The force’s hate crime hotline has received more than 200 calls.

Ripjiggen

Pretty sure hypocrisy is on both sides of the political spectrum.

stout93
    Becker MN

Republican / right wing hypocrisy? Who’da thunk it? Wonder where the goalposts will move to next..

Ottawa police reported on Sunday they have made multiple arrests and opened more than 60 criminal investigations related to the convoy, mostly for mischief, thefts, property damage, and hate crimes. The force’s hate crime hotline has received more than 200 calls.

Wonder if someone will step up and bail them out….you know…like Kamala did with Antifa and BLM..

Ripjiggen

^^^Bob and Doug?

Attachments:
    1. 93378C63-F928-4A79-97D7-F33D786A2388.jpeg

Brent Siebenaler

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike wrote:</div>

Wonder if someone will step up and bail them out….you know…like Kamala did with Antifa and BLM..

Possibly, I mean Marge and Groper, errr Gaetz were kind enough to do so for the peaceful protestors from the Capitol.

CaptainMusky

No doubt. Politicians are literally the worst.

Ripjiggen

Goes far beyond politicians.

B-man

If you follow any of their Facebook pages you will quickly see that 99.9% of protesters are not part of this, do not condone this, and call the Police when they see it happening.

Heck, the 200 hate crime calls were probably for a dozen or less incidents, and I’d bet the majority of the calls were from protesters.

Believe it or not, the media is doing everything they can to turn this into a bad thing.

It’s also plausible that there are people there just to stir up trouble…..Weird I know.

Please see my comment and screenshots earlier on how one of the MAJOR issues brought up by the mayor was “bouncy houses” and how “insensitive” they are.

buschman
    Pool 2

Rip, this is another example of how the convoy is much different from BLM or Minneapolis.

A semi truck is legal and allowed to operate on these roads. All of them where you see these truck. Pedestrians are not allowed to stand on I-94. In addition they currently have one lane access in all areas where these trucks are parked.

Now, if a driver just stops in the middle of the road or drives below the speed limit he may violate a law but no one behind him does. You cannot just spin a semi around and go the other way. It is much different than any demonstration we have seen here. Just saying that comparing these trucks to people is not understanding the situation no matter how you support it.

Police have many travel routes closed but the trucks do not. Not currently anyways. The point is their law enforcement has the roads closed now. The trucks don’t. They just plugged it to a single lane in many areas.

The only way the Canadian government can fight these guys is changing the law. Or adding temporary enforcement into law. They are doing that now.

The arrest you see adding up in the last 12-18 hours are people bringing food, water and fuel to peaceful drivers that live in their truck and most couldn’t leave if they wanted to. There choice is to be there but should not be refused of food, water and fuel to stay warm. That’s messed up.

Umy
    South Metro

AMEN Buschman ( not trying to put words in your mouth)

CaptainMusky

Goes far beyond politicians.

It does but they are the ones lining their pockets at our expense. Making promises to get votes and they never deliver on them.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

Rip, this is another example of how the convoy is much different from BLM or Minneapolis.

A semi truck is legal and allowed to operate on these roads. All of them where you see these truck. Pedestrians are not allowed to stand on I-94. In addition they currently have one lane access in all areas where these trucks are parked.

Now, if a driver just stops in the middle of the road or drives below the speed limit he may violate a law but no one behind him does. You cannot just spin a semi around and go the other way. It is much different than any demonstration we have seen here. Just saying that comparing these trucks to people is not understanding the situation no matter how you support it.

Police have many travel routes closed but the trucks do not. Not currently anyways. The point is their law enforcement has the roads closed now. The trucks don’t. They just plugged it to a single lane in many areas.

The only way the Canadian government can fight these guys is changing the law. Or adding temporary enforcement into law. They are doing that now.

The arrest you see adding up in the last 12-18 hours are people bringing food, water and fuel to peaceful drivers that live in their truck and most couldn’t leave if they wanted to. There choice is to be there but should not be refused of food, water and fuel to stay warm. That’s messed up.

Thanks for the info

Brent Siebenaler

No doubt. Politicians are literally the worst.

Politicians are elected because people buy into the hypocrisy they espouse…on BOTH sides. Politicians do nothing but pander to the bases who will hopefully elect them…

Brent Siebenaler

Sorry missed part of your post.

Viewing 30 posts - 331 through 360 (of 880 total)

The topic ‘Truckers convoy in Canada’ is closed to new replies.