Truckers convoy in Canada

• Dan
    Southeast MN

So much to be said about freedoms, and all I can say is that I hope people are consistent with what freedom really means.

It means that as a lifelong Roman Catholic I need to respect someone needing to do prayer call 5 times a day, and I need to respect someone’s right to mock God or bash religion.

It means that as a combat veteran I need to realize that someone has a right to kneel for a flag, or even (welp) burn one (the courts ruled it was protected under the 1st).

It means we all should be able to make our own legal and hopefully ethical decisions without being labeled “anti’s” or “sheep” just because I made a calculated decision on what I believe is best for my family. And I should respect those that are choosing differently, and I hope they’d respect my decision too.

Lots of good people on here and out in the world and we get divided over trivial s$#@. I get it, things like the economy and national security are huge. But do our lives really change all that much with Brandon/Biden? Did they change that much under Trump? Obama? Bush? We’ll have a different party in charge after 2024 and if not, 2028, then 4-8 years later another different one. Not since Reagan (x2) into H.W. Bush has one party held the executive office more than a full 8 years.

Honestly, the state DNR and our local school boards probably impact our day-to-da lives more than the rich folks in suits and ties in DC. Hopefully we can all settle down and not let so much of this garbage divide good people anymore.

CaptainMusky

Trudeau’s personal security just resigned. Said he’s done complying.

buschman
    Pool 2

Do you feel that you don’t need it simply because you have had it and feel that you can’t get it again?
    Or
    Do you feel that you had it and it was fairly minor symptoms and that and you feel like you can deal with it moving forward because your family is in presumably good health?

Or I guess it could be both as well.

I stand more on the second scenario. I believe this is not going away. I see it more as the flu. We will continue to see re infection but trust my body and those in my family to fight this off without this new mRNA technology. Simply because it worked just fine when we did get covid.

I believe if it is not broke then don’t fix it. That applied to our family here if that makes sense. I also believe natural immunity is better than this mRNA therapy. Neither are bulletproof but we are more comfortable in our home with our own immunity than a newly developed therapy that has never been issued to the public till now.

Hope that answers your question

B-man

Now they’re threatening to arrest people bringing supplies in….

Unbelievable.

It’s like they’re begging for things to get violent.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220206-141726.png

buschman
    Pool 2

So, back to the convoy.

They are now receiving funding through “give send go” and the money is pouring in.

2.3 million so far.

Ripjiggen

That did answer my question Busch. Thank you. I am one of the few people I know who have gotten it twice. First time no symptoms. Kid and wife were sick for a couple days. Second time I was sick for 24 hours and rest of family didn’t get it. Sooo 🤷‍♂️

Back to the convoy…

Didn’t it already get semi violent and a small SUV rammed through protesters.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

B-man, I think made his statement is to try and get government help. The idea of identifying the truckers is humorus. If you are behind the first tractor you claim innocence stating you couldn’t turn around.

It will be effective, stuff will start to happen next week. I don’t see the cops getting involved other than maintaining the peace, they won’t be cuffing and dragging truckers away.

B-man

I agree with the mayor.

This is getting out of hand.

The bouncy castles and saunas must be stopped!!

From the mayor: “They (the bouncy houses) show a great deal of insensitivity”

I about died when I read that one, what a pussy LOL

jester jester

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220206-1632352.png

2. Screenshot_20220206-163247.png

buschman
    Pool 2

It is hilarious..

That mayor had no idea how hard it would be to move 3-400 truck in his down town area. Haha. He knows now.

He has already stated it is not police able. I believe this was said because of the trucks alone. They can move those people and personal vehicles. However no city or federal department is equipped to move that many trucks.

Then, where do you take them to?? It’s not an easy task and he had no idea how big and loud they are.

Again, this is a unique form of protest and just the beginning. They can clear Ottawa but the trucks and people will continue to spread out as they have been to another towns or crossing.

The guys parked in Ottawa was just the front line of this. And they are still there and still today peacefully from what I know.

The most violent incident was a non supporter that ran over someone because he was triggered or paid. For the size of this protest it is unique as well because of how peaceful and bringing it has been.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I find it really odd, if it wasn’t for this thread I wouldn’t have a clue the Canucks are rebelling. coffee

I watch the news pretty religiously, and nary a word. doah

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Not a rebellion Glenn, a protest. Once this one is over you can watch one in the United States on the nightly news.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

But isn’t that one and the same, rebelling… Protesting.

An act in which one party acts out because of an action of another party??? waytogo whistling

Cameron white

Cameron, what do they have much to do with then?

If it’s not about removing mandates and having more freedom, what is it about?

Glad to hear Saskatchewan is dropping all the bs, and some other provinces are finally letting down some.

Seems like the peaceful protests are getting something done, or is the timing just super coincidental?

This was posted two days ago by the leader of Saskatchewan (as you mentioned)….somehow right now “It’s Time”?

What was wrong with two weeks ago? Two months ago?

It’s seems as though something very recent may have influenced this sudden and drastic change of heart. Maybe I’m way off base, but it appears to be working.

Sorry for the duplicate images, this website does that for no reason and I cannot delete them.

The last two winters, the provinces have done this. The restrictions ease as winter progresses. Nothing dramatic about it. Don’t get me wrong,I understand their right to protest even if it’s changed a few times. Our prime minister is a coward, but unfortunately the greater Toronto area calls the election. The rest of us don’t matter. Much like your election is over once New York, California, Texas and a couple others vote. The rest don’t matter.

CaptainMusky

Much like your election is over once New York, California, Texas and a couple others vote. The rest don’t matter.

Its really not like that here in the US. True, there are swing states, but with the electoral college it isnt just about the “big” states that tilt an election. They called the election for Hillary in 2016 early based on polling, but they got that grotesquely wrong as the wave of other states started coming in. Pennsylvania, Arizona and Nevada essentially determined our last election.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

essentially determined our last election

Florida is probably the biggest swing state in every major election. It has a lot of votes and often swings back and forth between parties. We all remember the Bush-Gore recount debacle.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    essentially determined our last election

Florida is probably the biggest swing state in every major election. It has a lot of votes and often swings back and forth between parties. We all remember the Bush-Gore recount debacle.

Yep, Florida is probably the most important one, but there are others that come in to play from time to time.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You don’t need to win the majority vote in the United States to be President. Just need to win the right states.

But, that has nothing to do with this thread. Canadians can run their stuff the way they want to. I’m guessing they have as many liars & thieves in their government as we do.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Another video. Seems the truckers are taking it to the people via social media to battle the main stream media.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Quote from Ottawa Police Chief : Trucker Protests across Canada are a “NATIONWIDE INSURRECTION DRIVEN BY MADNESS ”

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote from Ottawa Police Chief : Trucker Protests across Canada are a “NATIONWIDE INSURRECTION DRIVEN BY MADNESS ”

Of course that’s what the govt would say. Im sure they are pulling out all the last ditch weapons. Have they insinuated racism yet? How about the govt capitulate and they drop the vax madness?

CaptainMusky

Have they insinuated racism yet? How about the govt capitulate and they drop the vax madness?

Trudeau called them racists and misogynists right out of the gate.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thats how the coward up there is trying to make it look. What else would you expect.
    It’s called a peaceful protest and the people are behind it.

CaptainMusky

Now they are threatening to arrest anyone who tries to help the truckers in Ottawa. They are confiscating fuel, etc.

Brent Siebenaler

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Don Meier wrote:</div>

Thats how the coward up there is trying to make it look. What else would you expect.
    It’s called a peaceful protest and the people are behind it.

So truckers blockading PUBLIC ROADWAYS is a peaceful protest….BLM’ers marching down/blocking a PUBLIC ROADWAY is not and in fact should be ran down for blocking the road….
    Nothing hypocritical about that lol.

CaptainMusky

So truckers blockading PUBLIC ROADWAYS is a peaceful protest….BLM’ers marching down/blocking a PUBLIC ROADWAY is not and in fact should be ran down for blocking the road….

Who said that? Besides the BLM protests nearly always involved destruction of something. That is when its beyond a protest.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

We don’t know, at least I don’t, if the truckers are blocking freeways, highways or side streets.

Nobody blamed the BLM crowd for marching around Mpls city streets. I condemned them for blocking Federal freeways. I consider the freeway the same as I do a airport. You can’t take over airports and you can’t scream fire in a crowded theater.

So yes, there is a difference.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

[/quote]

Hey Brenda. I think you put words in my mouth. Good try tho.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 880 total)

The topic ‘Truckers convoy in Canada’ is closed to new replies.