Truckers convoy in Canada

• Umy
    South Metro

Jeremy, some people don’t read or try to understand the statistics, they just hunker down in “Sheep” land. ANY death is a tragedy don’t get me wrong 40,000 people a year die from Pneumonia. If you do the math the death % is small – again, any death is tragic but I think the vaxx/unvaxx battle right now is just plain not worth having. IMHO

The same people keep pointing to:
    Because DJT instituted the “lockdowns” ?!
    And they probably think 400,000 added jobs after 3 million lost is the sign of a robust and healthy/recovering economy. People are earning more now, AND paying way more for the same products- not sure we made much progress there as prices will never go back to Pre-COVID levels.
    I SINCERELY hope we all get better soon. This country needs to unite again.

buschman
    Pool 2

A QR code??

My fist thought was BS. So did have to look quick. The CBC is pretty liberal but plenty of other media feeds reported this.

So, residents are required to have proof of a MRNA shot by QR code. WTF??

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/qr-code-hamilton-covid-19-1.6299207

I am sure there are loops and grey areas but just another example of what they are going through up there.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it just another false alarm to scare people and not get enforced much. I did not know about this but can ask a few guys Monday that live up there.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Went out for a couple hours again today, a lot of northbound traffic since it was a Friday. I grabbed a pic during a break in vehicles.

Saw you today Bearcat, pointed at you with a big smile )

Northbound in the right lane with the air horn blasting in the Kenworth toast

Even more waves, thumbs up, horns, and cheers again. No way to keep track, but easily over a thousand people showed support for the Canadian flag hoisted above the American flag backing our brothers and sister to the north.

It’s really neat to see in person.

With more motorists came a little more negativity of course. I saw six middle fingers fly, one was a double from a solo driver, so five people flicked me off mrgreen

The best thing I saw was a lady who appeared to be jamming an imaginary popsicle or corndog in and out of her throat….and she was really, really good at it. I don’t give a $hit about her moral stance on oppressing people, it was obvious she had a lot of talent rotflol rotflol rotflol

That’s good stuff there!

cheers

think what you want but Canada must be doing some things right . Only 8% of there population has had covid , compared to 23% of U.S and 27% of U.K. populations

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

think what you want but Canada must be doing some things right . Only 8% of there population has had covid , compared to 23% of U.S and 27% of U.K. populations

The us has double the amount of testing per 1000 people compared to Canada so if you want compare those numbers too, and Canada has a population density of 4/km2 vs the USA at 36/km2. Math looks a little different on how you view it. Carry on!

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

The best thing I saw was a lady who appeared to be jamming an imaginary popsicle or corndog in and out of her throat….and she was really, really good at it. I don’t give a $hit about her moral stance on oppressing people, it was obvious she had a lot of talent rotflol rotflol rotflol

That’s good stuff there!

Did you catch a license plate number? Asking for a friend.

HRG

stout93
    Becker MN

Unbelievable..

munchy
    NULL

Now Big Tech is literally stealing $9 million at the request of the Canadian government…

Unbelievable..

Everyone who donated NEEDS to request a refund!!

stjoeguy

Refunds will be automatic.

Attachments:
    1. Screen-Shot-2022-02-05-at-12.26.00-PM.png

munchy
    NULL

Good to hear. The story I read said users would need to submit a request.

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stjoeguy wrote:</div>

Good to hear. The story I read said users would need to submit a request.

The only reason they are now giving automatic refunds was because of the public pressure. If it wasn’t for this, some of the $9 million would have been going to BLM.

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

T
    That said, as an experiment yesterday afternoon I stood on the I-35 overpass near my home holding a 3×5′ Canadian flag raised high, and a 3×5′ US flag alongside it but 4′ lower……….
    The people here are tired of it all too…

B-Man, Was in Stacy yesterday to pick up my Horndog map. Crossed the overpass to head to Frankie’s in Chisago City and saw (now that I know) you holding the flags. Admittedly I wasn’t sure of the intent but after reading this….duh the light went on! Congratulations on your statement. My trip to Canada last fall was great right up until the time 6 of 10 of us got random tests. What a joke, We were asked when we were returning yet still did the covid test with the results not to be back until after we crossed back into the US. You would have thought the resort would have been full yet we were the only 2 cabins as most had cancelled their reservations. No one wants to die of Covid as I have had 2 close friends who have however I have also had 2 close friends die of cancer in the same time. I am not sure who to trust these days but the Government is at the bottom of that list.

B-man

Hey Dave, too bad I didn’t get to meet you. But regardless, you’re the perfect example of the point I’m trying to bring to people’s attention.

The people of Canada, as well as the people traveling there have been under far too much rule. It’s dumb enough here, but it’s over the top there.

Scroll back a bit and see the video I posted about “show me your papers, I mean your QR code”

I don’t care what anyone thinks, but that is a load of $hit.

If a person thinks having to show a digital passport just to buy groceries is okay, they’ve been completely indoctrinated.

I don’t stand on that bridge because I’m against a vaccine..I stand on that bridge for people’s rights.

In the past I’ve said it before, I AM NOT AGAINST THE VACCINE. If you want it or have it, that’s great, I don’t need to know, nor do I hold your choice against you.

However, I AM AGAINST FORCING PEOPLE to live their lives as they see suit.

Where in the history of humans did you have to show proof of anything to buy FOOD with your own money???? I can think of one or two…..and it didn’t turn out well….

In a year or ten, when the virus is all but forgotten, do you think they will forget to scan your QR code to buy groceries?? Going out on a limb here, but I’m guessing not.

Iowaboy1

Hey Dave, too bad I didn’t get to meet you. But regardless, you’re the perfect example of the point I’m trying to bring to people’s attention.

The people of Canada, as well as the people traveling there have been under far too much rule. It’s dumb enough here, but it’s over the top there.

Scroll back a bit and see the video I posted about “show me your papers, I mean your QR code”

I don’t care what anyone thinks, but that is a load of $hit.

If a person thinks having to show a digital passport just to buy groceries is okay, they’ve been completely indoctrinated.

I don’t stand on that bridge because I’m against a vaccine..I stand on that bridge for people’s rights.

In the past I’ve said it before, I AM NOT AGAINST THE VACCINE. If you want it or have it, that’s great, I don’t need to know, nor do I hold your choice against you.

However, I AM AGAINST FORCING PEOPLE to live their lives as they see suit.

woot woot woot toast toast toast applause applause applause

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

In the past I’ve said it before, I AM NOT AGAINST THE VACCINE. If you want it or have it, that’s great, I don’t need to know, nor do I hold your choice against you. However, I AM AGAINST FORCING PEOPLE to live their lives as they see suit.

In a year or ten, when the virus is all but forgotten, do you think they will forget to scan your QR code to buy groceries?? Going out on a limb here, but I’m guessing not.

If I would have known it was you I would have stopped. I agree whole heartedly and yes, I am vaccinated and had the booster. Interesting, I was talking to a wife of a friend of mine and we got on the topic, she is a adamite pro-vaxxer and couldn’t understand the protest. I simply asked her if she knew what Roe vs Wade was about….She said yes, it legalized abortion. I said no it didn’t. It was all about a woman’s right to do with her body what she deemed right for her and if she wanted an abortion, she could. Therefore, having that right allowed any abortion clinic to manage her wishes without punishment. She was surprised when I said, OK why is it okay that the right over their body doesn’t apply to those who want to have the right to control the injection of a vaccine, at a high level what’s the difference? She said it’s for the public health situation to which I replied (I am not anti abortion)sure but in the case of the mother choosing her right, the fatality rate is 100%. It got pretty quiet so I changed the subject. Over New Years I lost a dear friend who was 54 and they pulled the ventilator on him and he died. No vaccine, I really don’t know what his deal was, however he got it from his wife and daughter who were mostly asymptomatic. Why he died, I don’t know, just like why did my friend die from urinary tract cancer. Would my 54 year old friend have died if he had the vaccine, I don’t know but my other friend who died the first of last December was 57, had both vaccines and his booster. I wish I was that smart for sure.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Legitimate question here – public schools for many years have mandated vaccines for children. 9 different vaccines to be exact here in MN. Are those who oppose covid vaccine mandates also opposed to those? If not why? Why has everyone been fine with those mandates for years but this one has everyone so up in arms?

B-man

Legitimate question here – public schools for many years have mandated vaccines for children. 9 different vaccines to be exact here in MN. Are those who oppose covid vaccine mandates also opposed to those? If not why? Why has everyone been fine with those mandates for years but this one has everyone so up in arms?

I appreciate a dedicated fisherman, trollers included.

Kids are not MANDATED to have vaccines to attend school. The parents would simply need to sign a waiver (cough, cough)

As I mentioned very clearly before, I’m not an anti-vaxer. My children have the proven and somewhat trusted vaccines.

To the best of my knowledge, everything they have taken has been in use for decades, and EFFECTIVE against infection (unlike something lately).

When was the last time you or your kid(s) tested positive for one of the diseases with proven vaccines???

..We never have either…It’s almost like those ones actually work…

My fully vaccinated wife has had Covid, along with many of my own personal anecdotal “breakthrough” cases I know of. But those cases are labeled as “rare”

Strange isn’t it?

That said, myself, wife, or my children have never been asked for a QR code to buy groceries. Not once.

Again, I have nothing against you CrappieZipcode for getting the vaccine, no different than my wife. It’s YOUR choice.

The vaccine does save lives for people with several comorbidities. For healthy individuals, and anyone for that matter (children included), should it be required to be a human today? I do not believe so.

I have a problem with MANDATES.

Let’s pretend in 2022 that HIV and AIDS was still an issue. Would it be fair to say that homosexuality is illegal?

Now that it is 2022, is it fair to MANDATE that homosexual men take a vaccine to prevent HIV? One is available after all…

Further more, is it fair to reject those men from buying groceries, eating at a restaurant, or attending a concert because they haven’t been vaccinated from it?

I’d say it isn’t.

Is a mandate somehow okay now since everyone is included, and not just a group of people??

I again say it isn’t

…..Just questions…..

Recommendations are fine….Mandates are fu#ked up.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I dont know why you think I’m trolling by asking this question. It also wasn’t directed specifically to you B-man. Thanks for providing your responses

Iowaboy1

About a year ago or so Dutchboy said this is just the beginning, and he is spot on with his remark.
    Many of you wont understand now but there is a day coming soon that you will have to have a mark of some sort to even buy groceries, buy gas, go to the movies, you cant do anything without that mark.
    The only way you will have to get around that is to have someone you trust to go get those things for you that do have that mark, or be totally self sufficient, we are being primed for that day.

Now, lets lighten this thread up a bit!!

jagermeister
    NW Ontario

A pass port is not required to buy groc or go to any store, but if you want to go to a restaurant ,hockey game ect it is. Quebec is the only province that had mandated papers for entry to big box stores. More talk about removing the mandates every day that the protests continue. Still looking for Waldo…..

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

All of those required vaccinations have Standard Approval and the state legislature has required them to attend a public school.

A waiver can be acquired. It must be written by an MD and then legally notorized.

I believe that the covid 19 vaccines for people under the age 18 only have EUA which is Emergency Authorization. That’s where the skepticism comes in. They have standard approval for adults but not kids yet. Standard Authorization takes time.

Cameron white

The protests don’t have much to do with removing the mandates. Quebec is off the rails with their restrictions. Saskatchewan is dropping all mandates, premier Scott moe says they make no sense because mostly vaxxed people are getting it, so the restrictions don’t work. Manitoba and Alberta are stepping down restrictions in stages, as is Ontario.

B-man

Cameron, what do they have much to do with then?

If it’s not about removing mandates and having more freedom, what is it about?

Glad to hear Saskatchewan is dropping all the bs, and some other provinces are finally letting down some.

Seems like the peaceful protests are getting something done, or is the timing just super coincidental?

This was posted two days ago by the leader of Saskatchewan (as you mentioned)….somehow right now “It’s Time”?

What was wrong with two weeks ago? Two months ago?

It’s seems as though something very recent may have influenced this sudden and drastic change of heart. Maybe I’m way off base, but it appears to be working.

Sorry for the duplicate images, this website does that for no reason and I cannot delete them.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220206-1008362-2.png

2. Screenshot_20220206-1008362-1.png

3. Screenshot_20220206-1008362.png

Dan
    Southeast MN

I appreciate a dedicated fisherman, trollers included.

B-man I think on this page alone you’ve provided a lot of factual information and even when it gets to your opinion it’s in a totally fair, respectful way.

But why respond to someone who starts a post by saying “legitimate question” with an insult? People on here love to act like they’re challenging the establishment and that they should be free to have differing opinions, but then a guy goes and basically says “I hear you on this, what do you think about this?” you have to talk down to him?

B-man

Dan I had 10 Busch Lattes in me last night by that time, maybe I read into his question farther than I needed to.

My opinion is why give children an unproven emergency vaccine that most don’t need, and causes more harm than good for them (aka Myocarditis)?

Millions of parents rushed their children into the shot under the ruse they were told “to slow the spread.” Which we now know is complete BS.

And the whole luring them with money and entering them into some sort of $100,000 sweepstakes???

Are you kidding me?? What the F-ing F… If that didn’t raise an eyebrow for everyone, there is no hope.

Hop in the van kids, I have candy and I know your Dad.

Sorry Dan, and sorry Crappie if you weren’t fishing toast

That said, I’ll readily admit I was at the time mrgreen

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20220206_172329180-scaled.jpg

2. PXL_20220206_001438172.MP_-scaled.jpg

buschman
    Pool 2

Crappie, I understand your question above and my answer is similar to B-man. I know some very pro vaccine people that ask me the same.

I will do my best to explain some more at a personal level.

My children, wife and myself have received many of the vaccines you are asking about. We are not anti vaccine. However the MRNA is not the same. It is not produces the same and has no history of effectiveness or side affects. That’s where we were first hesitant. My wife and oldest daughter got covid before the MRNA was available (1/2021)and had very minor to no symptoms beside loss of smell.

While my wife was at home on quarantine her work was selected to receive some of the 1st batches of Pfizer. They strongly recommend and continually pushed her to get her shot before she returned to work. This was after she was no longer positive and “recovered”. This alone was F’n weird!!!!

Fast forward to today and my whole house has had covid. We continue to be questioned and judged by some for not being vaccinated or planning to. This is also crazy because we already recovered from the virus with very minor symptoms.

I have never judged anyone for getting the mRNA or advised them against it. I simply made the decision that myself and my children do not need it and is our choice. That’s the issue here.

People want their choice and are fed up with hearing we are the problem. I hear this from many political leaders, corporations, tv, radio and a few people I personally know. What’s funny is these are the same people that have called someone like me privileged, racist, anti-vaccine and terroristic because I am simply standing up for what I believe is best for my children.

I usually respond/react in defense and part why I might seem like an A hole in my response to some threads and topics at times.

Ripjiggen

Buschman
    Question not trying to argue more so trying to understand where you are coming from.
    You state that you don’t feel that your family needs the vaccine. Trust me I am cool with whatever choice you make.

Do you feel that you don’t need it simply because you have had it and feel that you can’t get it again?
    Or
    Do you feel that you had it and it was fairly minor symptoms and that and you feel like you can deal with it moving forward because your family is in presumably good health?

Or I guess it could be both as well.

stout93
    Becker MN

If you ask me, you’re rolling the dice if you’re putting the jab in your kids…

Seems like the right idea now, NOBODY knows how it will affect them in the years to come..

But I guess the Vaxx addicts don’t care whether there is a risk or not, you need to take it to protect them.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Thanks for the replies to my question. There’s a lot to unpack in the replies so I won’t speak to any of the specifics in your replies right now. I just wanted to come here and clarify that I am not in favor of any mandates. In some of the replies I think it was assumed that I am. I am vaccinated. Don’t have the booster and don’t plan on getting it as I got covid in December. All 3 of my kids are vaccine eligible but right now we are choosing not to get them vaccinated for some of the reasons previously mentioned

My work contracts with the US government and we required our employees to be vaccinated. This had no bearing on my decision to get vaccinated. Mind you we employee about 150,000 people. Now it is very easy to get a religious or medical exception so in essence it’s almost a non factor but it really pisses me off that some of my coworkers needed to be concerned about losing their job over this. I dont think that’s right.

Again thanks for the responses and I’ll try to continue the dialog when I have more time this evening. The mostly civil discussion in this thread on a touchy subject has been refreshing

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 880 total)

The topic ‘Truckers convoy in Canada’ is closed to new replies.