Truck toppers?

• brentbullets

About ready to pull the trigger on a Leer 100R truck cap. Fold up side windows with sliding glass, headliner.

Thoughts on this model brand. Also shopping A.R.E. but leaning Leer.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Fold up side windows?

CaptainMusky

From radco I got the radco branded topper which is actually made by leer but much cheaper. Not sure why. I have the side windoors with sliding windows and screens. Interior light and the carpeted ceiling. No complaints it’s a great topper. Basically what you are looking at but radco branded instead of leer. The front sliding window does rattle though which is annoying but should be easy fix.

brentbullets

Side windows that open up giving access to bed.

DTW

I have the Lear. Must have is a lock that pairs with your Key FOB. Previous Truck did not have auto lock/unlock. Pain in the ass using a keyed lock.

Reef W

Side windows that open up giving access to bed.

Those windows are the #1 thing to me. Mine’s ARE but I don’t think it matters really. I also have LED strips above each side window and rear hatch that turn on automatically when the window is opened and that’s pretty nice.

brentbullets

Looked at key fob lock option. Can only be done on rear window locks. $400 option installed, now if it would lock and unlock all 6 locks it would be strongly considered.

Thanks for responses so far. Probably order on Monday.

Jason

I have bought 3 new 100R toppers for Ford trucks in the past and they all have been good. I get the electronic rear lock as well since I have a door keypad which allows me to lock/unlock the entire truck all at once.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I had hatch side windows once. Don’t lean in wearing a toolbelt.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

From radco I got the radco branded topper which is actually made by leer but much cheaper. Not sure why. I have the side windoors with sliding windows and screens. Interior light and the carpeted ceiling. No complaints it’s a great topper. Basically what you are looking at but radco branded instead of leer. The front sliding window does rattle though which is annoying but should be easy fix.

How recently did you get it? Mind sharing what your bill was?

CaptainMusky

I bought it in 2022 but my truck wasn’t in until December. I think it was around 2k but I paid with pulltabs winnings so not entirely sure.

Snake ii’s

I have an ARE for my 2019 Chev 1500 silverado long bed. Side access windows both sides. Paid ~2300 in 2019. Some cosmetic issues with windows, other than that works great.

Cody Meyers

Has anybody priced up one of the Smart Cap toppers yet? I’ve got an ARE on my Ram right now. But I’m considering one of those Smart Caps for my next vehicle.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Where are you guys looking for toppers. Finding one for my 8 ft box is turning in to a challenge

CaptainMusky

I ordered mine. Though if you dont care if its new, but you have a nice truck so Id think you would want a new one, you could probably find a used one.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I ordered mine. Though if you dont care if its new, but you have a nice truck so Id think you would want a new one, you could probably find a used one.

I want a topper but have not had luck finding one. At least one that’s under 6k. Which is to steep for me

FinickyFish

FB marketplace was where I found mine after 4 months of looking (and wasnt the exact white of my truck). Had a WTB add here and looked on Craigslist with no luck. More supply of Chevy toppers it seems.

CaptainMusky

Whoa that is crazy price. 8 footers are spendy. Yeah, then I would look at FB marketplace. I bought a used one off there a few years ago. There are places that do sell used ones so do a google search for used toppers and you should find them.

Ellenson

I’ve been on the search as well for my 24 chevy, Radco website has some toppers under the “clearance toppers” section, I see they do have a white 8′ for a ram.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Drove past a place that sells toppers off Hwy 65 in Isanti looks like new and used.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Drove past a place that sells toppers off Hwy 65 in Isanti looks like new and used.

I called them and it sounds like they can custom build me a topper. Sounded sweet starting at 2250. After a couple sliding windows, brake light and matching paint I was right back to that high dollar mark. I don’t need one that bad. I’ll hope to find a used one and have the ladies shop paint it.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

have you Radco in Brainerd??

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

have you Radco in Brainerd??

No, I’ve been looking locally. Big crappie found me one but it’s in south dakota and it’s white

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

got ya…good luck!!

CaptainMusky

Crap I was searching marketplace and I found 1 but I dont think it would even fit your truck. Wow, you are going down a rabbit hole buddy.

Jason

You can get a new Leer 100R for around 3.5k with headliner, front slider, electronic locks, and side sliders from Radco. I ordered (2) this year one 6.5′ and (1) 8′ version.
    I’m not sure where people are getting quotes of 5k+ unless Bidenomics has taken over that market as well.
    Also Leer/Radco normaly has a sale running during the Game Fair which is going on now.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I will be calling radco when we get back from vermillion.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

good folks there

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.