Tree Trimming and Tree Service Guidance

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I have 4 or 5 mature oaks on the side of my house. I want some of them trimmed back, possibly dropped entirely. I noticed some of them the leaves look wilted and blackish.

I would just hire to get them on the ground and then I’d cut and keep the wood.

Any idea how much we’re talking here? Hundreds? Thousands?

Sharon
    SE Metro

Lots of places will do a quote for free. That will give you a more accurate price estimate. I just had one large elm taken down, hauled away, and the stump ground up for $2275 plus tax. They did a great job, quickly in and out, and nice clean up. BUT they did leave the stump grindings. I feel like they should have taken that too for the price.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ve had 4 mature Ash trees taken down and removed over the last few years. (St Paul). This place was nearly 1/2 of what other tree services quoted. Great work too!

http://www.ivanstreeservice.com/

-J.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I own a chainsaw but no guarantees LOL

Charles

I have 4 or 5 mature oaks on the side of my house. I want some of them trimmed back, possibly dropped entirely. I noticed some of them the leaves look wilted and blackish.

I would just hire to get them on the ground and then I’d cut and keep the wood.

Any idea how much we’re talking here? Hundreds? Thousands?

I was quote about 2K per a tree if then needed to be climbed.

I will DM you my tree guy contact.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Everyone seems to be around $2k per tree. My guy can in at $850. Worth a call. coffee

-J.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Kens Tree Service in East Bethel 763-754-7667. Tell Ken I sent you and work with his former BIL. He is fair and does a nice job. I used him a number of years ago if I recall correctly he charged me less than 2k to drop two or three trees cut and grind the stumps and trim several others. I’m sure costs have gone up like everything else.

Brittman

If they are not licensed and bonded (insured) proceed at your own personal risk.

I have had a few door nocks and winter trims done for next to nothing. They all claimed to be bonded (insured).

I had Rainbow Tree trim the Green Ash that runs partly over the top of my house. Rainbow is already doing the chemical treatment on my Green Ash. City I live in helps with a discounted rate on the treatment. The treatment is working … Rainbow tree trim was pricey, but man they did a great professional job.

Best was this late spring. A city crew came down the street and trimmed up all the big trees that had branches hanging over the street. They did a nice job to balance out the project too. Not often you get something without paying extra (can’t say it was free, by property tax statement would prove that).

Brittman

Oak trees are best trimmed in the winter dormant months. They say to avoid April, May, and June for sure. Others say trim November – March to prevent disease. I would talk to an arborist if you are looking to trim the trees. Removing them … I suppose whenever you have the money to pay the bill.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

If they are not licensed and bonded (insured) proceed at your own personal risk.

This is important for sure!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Thanks all! That is some solid starter info. I will be calling some of your leads.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.