Treble Hooks

• droc2487
    Letcher, SD

I am wanting to dress my spoons and my rippin raps up. Are there any feather/hair size 10 trebles on the market? I know there are resin trebles and hair trebles size 6 and the new bladed treble only gets down to 8.

DOC24

I looked into this just the other week and could not find any options smaller than a size 6. I did however remove some of the feather trebles off my clam blade spoons and put them on my tingler and tumbler spoons since they were a smaller hook. They turned out good. I did order some number 6 vmc feather trebles and they will work ok on the bigger tingler and bigger vmc rattle spoons. I talked to Brett Mccomas about his video he did and where he got his hooks from. He said he bought them awhile back in bulk in the smaller sizes but cant find them anymore. He did mention maybe talking to his contact at Rapala and hinting at getting some smaller sizes of feather trebles for the ice lures.

curleytail

If it’s hard to find what you want it would be very easy to make your own. Janns Netcraft has free shipping today with no minimum and would have all the hooks, thread, and dressing you might want to create whatever you’re looking for.

Tucker

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I got some 8s and 10s off Ebay.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

The brand names ones are a rip-off. You’d be better off getting some basic fly tying equipment and doing it yourself. Vice, bobbin, thread, feathers, mylar, epoxy.

You’ll save a lot of money in the long run.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Typically feathers on raps destroys the action altogether. You trade out the vibe for the finesse bounce.

Spoons on the other hand really depends on the spoon. When the feather slows the spoon down, it sometimes gives it the shimmy flutter one wants.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I would pick up the stuff and make your own. It is fun and you than have almost unlimited options on what you can do and experiment with. The materials will go a long ways and you can make so many more types of lures for the cost of a couple bought feather treble hooks. Heck, my son and I just made up 30 treble hook and 50 small crappie jigs with different materials the other weekend. Now he is playing around with different lures and hook to see what he likes the best. What I like the best is he is not in front of a screen.

droc2487
    Letcher, SD

Doc that is what done so far also, stolen the trebles from my leach spoons. I may have to go the route everyone else suggested thank you.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Why not tie your own?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Tie your own.

Vice:$15-20
    Bobbin:$6
    Thread:$2
    Whip:$7 (Not required)
    Bucktail: $5per tail
    Glue: $2 (Sally Hansens Hard As Nails – fingernail polish isle)
    Hooks:$ Price Varies

Once you tie one, you’ll laugh at the price of buying a “Dressed treble”

Kinda like buying hair jigs…Yeah..No Way!
    Once you get the stuff to tie…There’s no limit to what you can do with it.

papaperch

Anyone with low sale resistance ( like me ) may want to avoid starting to tie anything. Years ago started tying a few jigs just for private use. Now I have an 8 X 10 room devoted to fly , jig and pin min making. With 10 ton of fly tying material.

On the upside have created many a deadly fishing lures. A place to hide from project creating wife. Re-inventing no longer available ties or lures. Example the No-Name fly from the 1950’s. Still effective as a fish catching machine.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Wait till you tie up a marabou feather treble…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.