track-mounted gps/sonar

• Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

i’m going to be adding a 3rd Humminbird display this spring and want to put it on the Traxtech tracks towards the back of the cockpit in my WX1910…

does anyone have any pics of this kind of electronics mounting?
    and tips about wiring in such a way that there’s a bit of flexibility/range to slide the display?

thanks!

hunterjoe
    Twin Cities

I’ll be doing the same with my boat. I had SBC rig a power and ethernet cable just in front of the jump seat. I don’t have the mounts for it yet, but I’ve seen multiple ways of doing it. Traxstech has an accessory base you can mount a Ram ball mount on, this is what I’ll be going with as I can just move my bow unit back there.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

With all the Garmin units James had on his boat last year I’m guessing he had the set-up you’re looking for. I know SBC sold his boat but maybe somebody has some photos that will help.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I have attached a couple pictures of a boat that is going out shortly. We cut the rails and capped them and added a piece of track just for a graph in the back of the boat. This is on the port side of the boat and we have approx. 2′ of cable to move the graph w/o stretching the cables.
    Just need to add power and a network cable back to the dash so that it can share waypoints/chip data. This allows the bow graph which is also on a ram to be moved from front to back very easily. We have also done this process with Cisco mounts as well.

Attachments:
    1. ram-track-mount-2.jpg

2. ram-track-mount.jpg

hunterjoe
    Twin Cities

Cal, that looks like exactly what I want! Can you do that to my boat too? ;) ;)

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Yep…bring it to Ramsey anytime. Be happy too!

hunterjoe
    Twin Cities

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>hunterjoe wrote:</div>

Yep…bring it to Ramsey anytime. Be happy too!

Ha ha. Don’t need to. That’s my boat.

John B

Be sure to look into the variety of new Electronics mounts that Traxstech now offer. SBC did mine last year.

Attachments:
    1. traxs1.jpg

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

thanks, John! i’ll be ordering that 13″ lift-and-turn.

great to see you in Wausau last weekend.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.