WANTED: Fisherman To Talk Tourney Fishing and More

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

This is a forum for everyone who likes tournaments, whether you fish them or just like to watch the weigh ins, to talk, share, ask questions, answer questions, talk about prize money, about prizes, just want to get a few guys together for a day of fun fishing with a 5.00 entry fee, or loser buys the round of drinks afterwards, whatever. This is where you can post about events, talk about them, a ”general discussion forum on tournaments” and or ”anything” related to them. Why so you like your boat set up for fishing tourneys better than the way you had your last boat set up. Which rods do you like best for each presentation you use in tournaments. What crank is better for different presentations, which jig is better, etc. Why do you like this tournament over this one, etc. What circuit do you fish? This for for walleye, bass, crappie, bluegill, white bass, catfish, elpout, any fish that swims. [sorry, bottle bass don’t swim-they sink] lol. This is your forum so put it to good use. Talk away. Thanks, Bill

gimpy
    Owatonna, Minnesota

I only fished one tournament and that was the ARM/Lake Pepin Open tournament out of Coleville park in Red Wing. It was on April 26th and 27th in 2003. The first night I could not really sleep I was so eager to get out fishing in my first tournament. One of my favorite parts where taking off with MFO and racing people to get to the spot. I am a big race fan so I loved when we were passing other boats. What really made my weekend was winning a little cash. I know not to expect that everytime. Another thing I enjoyed about fishing in a tournament is all the people who I got to meet each day. I always see your guys picture on this site. So I could say I met this guy and how much they helped me out and how nice they where.

I recommend tournament fishing to everybody. MFO knows that I scewed up a couple of times but you need to to learn for next time.

Thanks to all for helping people like me get the most out of fishing.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Gimpy,

Have you got your sights set on any tournaments this year?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

We all mess up now and than. Its when you have those “perfect” days, you take first. The biggest thing is to learn from mistakes, it can only make you better. Good luck this year.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Gimpy,congrads in your opening tourney.Try to learn on the water each time your out.Even if it’s a bad tourney you can still come out of it with alot of knowledge.I fished the Iowa GNWC this year and after the first 3 qualifiers I was in 12th for team of the year.But after this I struggled and the 2nd part of the season was kinda bad.Although you might not be bringing fish to the scales you can still learn alot.Best of luck in the future.
    Ryan Hale

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

My wife dreads this time of the year. Check after check sent out to enter a tourney or apply for a membership to be able to enter a tourney. I am going to be competing three weekends in April and I think another three in May this year. Now I just have to explain to the wife why I am burning all of my vacation days on prefishing.

You know, I think this is going to be the year of the Gator.

Gator Hunter

gimpy
    Owatonna, Minnesota

I hope to fish more tournaments, I really enjoy them!

paulfollmer
    Brooklyn Center

I started fishing tournaments 3 years ago when I fished two PWT as an am. The tourney bug bit hard and deep. Last year I fished the RCL walleye for weekend warriors and did well as a co-angler. And made it to the Championship and fineshed 14th overall. Now I would like to start fishing a few team events looking for a partner with walleye in his blood, I have everything needed except 1 important piece A BOAT, Divorced and had to sell Not a good day in my life lost my two best friends, boat and wife. Gimpy if you get the chance fish the PWT, or RCL you learn so much and can earn some big cash. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP A TIGHT LINE.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Talk tournament fishing? well that is a deep subject…….

I have been fishing walleye tournaments the past 15+ years. I have had some good years and some not soooooooogood?

I think what I like most about fishing walleye tournaments is the competiveness that you experience with it. I used play softball 3 nights a week and also play tournaments on weekends. Once I gave that up I needed a replacement.
    The walleye tournament fishing has been a great replacement!

Last year I started out winning the “Big D on the opener” on Mille Lacs and placed in another MTT event. Last year was a downer year for sure. In each of our events we entered on Mille Lacs, we came up short with our big fish. We caught at least one walleye just under 28 inches in every event this past year on Mille Lacs. If only…well thats what tournament fishing is all about!

Hopefully our luck runs a bit better with our big fish…..you know that it does take a little luck!

If you get to any of the Mille Lacs events this summer, stop by and say hi! Just look for Hook and I having a conversation with somone and having some fun! or should I say Hook having a conversation with someone?

scottsteil
    Central MN

Bill, thanks for the reminder. You do such a good job giving reports on tournaments in this forum a lot of us guys forget that it is for talking T’s too. Hopefully I have a lot to talk about towards the end of March, and it is good news.LOL

I know Jarrad is fired up!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey bill,

what is the Tourny schedule for the eyeguides this year. I am hoping to get some experience under my belt with these guys, then I can see if i want to continue to fish tourneys.

thanks

shane

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Shane, Walleye Searchers is making some changes on the website and on the message board that they have for members. The schedule will be posted once they get the changes made. Thanks, Bill

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.