BFL Prairie Du Chien Question

• davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Have any of you received a confirmation on this tournament yet? If so, can you tell me if it mentions any areas other than Pool 9 being off limits?

Thanks.

dhnitro
    Markesan, WI

dave are you saying that the bfl will only be on pool 10 and 11?

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

I know for sure they are not letting the PDC BFL tourney guys go to pool 9 b/c of the Stren going out of pool 8. That way if any Stren guys fishing pool 9 make the cut to the last day, they won’t pull up to 50 BFL’ers. Not to mention the damage a bunch of BFL’ers can do during 3 days of pre-fishing… .

So, YES, pool 10 & 11. I’m just wondering if there was anything else listed as “off-limits”.

pjb
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Pool 9 is also off limit for the people fishing the Stren series. The BFL tournament dir. told me that

grubby
    Fennimore Wisconsin

Both LaCrosse BFL’s Pools 7,8,9,10

PDC Pools 10, 11

Clinton has been moved from the 22nd to the 26th Pools 13,14

Then for Winneconne Little Butte des Morts is off limits.

This was as of this morning from the T/Director.

dhnitro
    Markesan, WI

Grubby..For the LaX BFL, we can fish pool 10? I only thought it was 7,8,9…But if pool 10 is open….hmm…you may not want to draw me…I would be making a trip…

grubby
    Fennimore Wisconsin

I double checked my notes and that is what I wrote down. It would surely be a nice ride. AS long as the wind was not blowing and No barge traffic.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Quote:

Pool 9 is also off limit for the people fishing the Stren series.

WOW! Very interesting…

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Mack,
    In past years tributaries are open and I have never heard of them being off limits, so I doubt they would be.

dhnitro
    Markesan, WI

Glenn..you are right, the only times they would be closed would be before the state season is open, but after this weekend they would all be ok to fish….

By the way, which ones are holding fish????

grubby
    Fennimore Wisconsin

For a Wisconsin license holder I do not beleive you can venture in to Iowa waters without a Iowa licens????? It seems to me I heard of a person getting pinched for that once upon a time????? Just something you may want to check in to further.

bassinfever
    Wausau, WI

The law for the River is that you can fish from railroad track to railroad track on each side of the River. If you go under a railroad track in a feeder like Yellow River in Pool 10 you need a Iowa license and if you go up the Wisconsin River past the first railroad bridge you would need a Wisconsin license.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

JR…tournament fishing excluded, from each state’s DNR perspective you are correct.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Pool 9 is also off limit for the people fishing the Stren series

I heard that the reason 9 is off-limits for the BFL is b/c it was allowed for the Stren Series. The new rule the DNR put in place about the same tournament circuit not having more than one tournament on the same body of water in a 2 week period….thus the BFL gave way to the Stren event w/Pool 9.

I put in a call w/Chris Jones from FLW to confirm/deny what is fishable.

dhnitro
    Markesan, WI

Slop..you are saying (or the DNR) that the BFL and Stren Series are the same circut…So we can’t fish the pool 9…I think this would be a technical point would’nt it? Meaning the BFL and Stren are same company but not the same circuit…If that is the point I think its stupid…UNLESS the FLW guys want it off limit for the BFL…

Let us know what you find out…thanks

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Chris Jones-tournament director left a msg for me this morning stating that the Stren Series is on pools 7-8-9.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.