Whats the deal With BFL sign up?

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Don’t think i’m stupid or something, i’m just not sure i understand the process completely. I was on FLW and saw the part that said priority deadline is May 2 for the LAX bfl this spring. Now i can’t figure out where to register from there. If somebody could please post a link to where i register, that would be great! Also, do i need to sign up with a boater or will they pick one for me the day before T-day? If i need to get a boater, I’m going to be really rushing to get one by then. I’m just a little confused on how the whole process works, so if someone could please give me the full details…that would be awesome. Thanks,
    Cade

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Cade,
    You do not need to have a boater to sign up for the BFL. Having a boater to sign up with guarantees you to fish the tournament. If you don’t sign up with a boater, then you are on the list after those who have a boater and those who have registered before you. The May 2nd date is the last day that you can get guaranteed, after that you can still register, but not with a boater. I would make a post on here, looking for a boater and call FLW tomorrow and find out what they have for numbers of boater and non-boaters at this point. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. Are you 16 yet? At one point in the rules it said you had to be 16…not sure if that still is the case.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I am 14 but it says in the rules that you are allowed to fish with parental consent…I figured out how to register now, but i still need a boater. If i get my money in before that date, will i be garunteed to fish? also what happens if there is no more room? will i get my 125 bucks back or do they keep it?

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

$$ and boater before May 2 = guarnateed

$$ before May 9 = depends on if they have enough boaters for co-anglers to go with, they will refund your entry fee if you don’t get paired w/ someone

Let me know if you got anything other questions.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Getting your money in before the priority deadline does NOT garauntee you to fish. Getting your money in and signing up with a boater before the deadline DOES garauntee you a spot no matter how long the waiting list is. The waiting list is normally upward to 20 non-boaters for the first few tournaments so you really need to get a boater to sign up with you. Getting a boater is not that difficult. Put a post up now and I bet you’ll get someone.

You will get a refund if you are still on the waiting list at the time of the tournament (minus the $25 one time membership fee). However, most of the guys on the waiting list do not show up to the tournament. I’ve seen guys who were 10th on the waiting list make it in because they showed up for the meeting and noone else did.

As far as the tournament filling…I’ve never seen it happen. I have seen over 175 boats in these which is AWESOME!

sports_anchor
    Albert Lea, MN

I might be wrong, but don’t you have to be at least 16 years old to fish in BFL?

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

I was going to check the age limit as well but noticed FLW removed their “tournament rules” from the website . I wonder if they did that after all the USCG Max HP Rating Plate rule interpretation issues last year???

bassinfever
    Wausau, WI

BFL rule #2 states that you must be 16 or over to fish in their tournaments. Check it out Flw Outdoors, BFL, rules, #2.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

well jeremiah told me that all i need is a parent sig….I read it and it restates the same thing..you just can’t go to sign up for a gold member, ect…ill check again.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

its sort of consusing…it makes it sound like you need to be 16 at one point, and then at another, it says you need a parent sig if you are under age of majority, don’t know what thats supposed to mean…if i can’t get in, its going to be a long 2 years ahead

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Cade,
    I would suggest calling FLW Outdoors Monday morning and they will be able to tell you.

jwmii
    La Crosse, Wi

Quote:

it says you need a parent sig if you are under age of majority, don’t know what thats supposed to mean.

Cade, I am pretty sure the “age of majority” = 18 (legal adult). I would say that if the rules say over sixteen AND parental sig under the age of majority, you could fish with parental consent if you are 16 or 17 but not under 16 Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Labman

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.