BFL Winneconne

• capnbass520
    Lake Minnetonka, MN

I am fishing the BFL this weekend and ran into some family problems which will reduce my prefishing to one day and I have never been on the chain. It looks like basically a slop pattern just wondering if there are any other patterns that work and how long a run it is from Winneconne to Winnebago? How has the smallie bite been in the big W? Any info on the bite will be appreciated.

dhnitro
    Markesan, WI

Don’t bank on SM on big Winney…To unpredictable…I have been fishing it the past 2 weeks…Weather has been awlful here. Rain and wind..Suppose to be nice Saturday, but you know the weather guys..Fishing has been good to ok..Fish have been pounded hard and will be till then end of June. Slop bite is not quite what they say..Carp and Gars are spawning in the slop right now…and they have been stirrin up the slop. Hey I hope is straightens out myself…Slop is my favorite…Can’t give you much other help…I’ll be fishing to…fish have been touchy in river also…Good luck..

capnbass520
    Lake Minnetonka, MN

Thanks for trying to help me. Guess I will see what I can find in 10 hrs of prefishing and go from there. It would be nice to fish one tournament without rain and wind.

dhnitro
    Markesan, WI

Captn..forgot to say the run from Winneconne to Bago should take roughly 45 minutes…Only reason is several no wakes going thru river in Oshkosh..still not bad. I usually run over an hour on theMiss river…I’ll be on the lake tomorrow myself..as of the weather right now its pouring and windy…but suppose to be better for Saturday….yeah right…darm weathermen..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.