How to handle this situation?

• fishnut

Well do to difference of my wifes and my opinion, I decided to let you guys make the call. I’m fishing a individual tournament last week with a co-angler in the boat with me. When I get home I noticed something on my newly recovered seats. I thought “What is it?” I call my co-angler up and through the discussion figure out he spilled crazy glue on the seats. By Accident. I’ve tried fingernail polish remover and also tried freezing it and popping it off, but it’s stuck darn good. So my wife and I get in the discussion of who should pay to get it fixed? I’ll bet you guys know what’s coming! Now she thinks I’m a hard [censored] and things just happen and let it go. I, on the other hand, am upset, I just paid $375 to get these redone, and because I love her so much (or it may be that I’ve been married long enough to know better) that I better just shut up. I talked to the guy about it in the original discussion when I was trying to figure out what the heck it is and there wasn’t any offer to help with the problem. So the question is “What would you do?” I told my wife that you experienced guys will give me the guidance, so that she and I can stay in marital bliss!!! Thanks for the help. Fishnut

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

That is an easy one…..Keep the wife happy at all costs.

Gator Hunter

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I would have to agree with Gator…unless the fellow did it on purpose, which I’m sure he didn’t.

Quote:

I just paid $375 to get these redone

I don’t think it would make you feel better if you just paid $100. or it was 5 years ago.

Try a product called Goof-Off or Z-7 Debonder. TEST the seat matierial first.

But I do have to ask you…What the H### is he doing with superglue in your boat?!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

But I do have to ask you…What the H### is he doing with superglue in your boat?!

I’m guessing he is a bass man. They sometimes glue their plastics.

Gator Hunter

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks Gator…I guess I’m just never going to be a good bass guy…

bassmaster
    SE, MN

Fishnut
    When it come to wives remember this line. “It’s cheaper to keep her.” With that said it is sad to think someone would not at least offer to have the glue removed and flip the bill. Thats what I would have done anyway. Nothing make me madder than when someone damages something of value and dose nothing to make it right with the person who owns it. Sad to say it sounds like one of lifes hard knockes that your going to take on the chin.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.