To flush mount or not to flush mount

• walinutz
    Cologne, MN

Looking at installing a couple Helix 10s in my Ranger 1880MS. SI in the dash and DI on the Bow

pros and cons to each

thanks
    Nutz

Attachments:
    1. console.jpg

2. bow-image.jpg

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

Pics are not my boat

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I looked at a boat a couple weeks ago with flush mount… the sun was right where it was glaring back in my eyes off the screen. Right then I decided I would not flush mount any screen in a boat.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve got a flush mount and screen that is non-flush mount (ram mount). Here are the advantages/disadvantages of a flush mount based on my experience:

Pro – its harder for people to steal, it keeps connections better, its more stable, and it looks better IMO
    Con – its harder to connect and disconnect wires/plugs in the back, its a lot easier for people to steal, and sometimes the space designed for it is limited

In that photo you attached, I would personally flush mount the one on the bow but I would not flush mount the one on the console. The area for the flush mount at the console sits too low. Having to look in a downward direction while driving a boat is not exactly safe. Think of it like driving a car. You want all your instrumentation easily visible while watching straight ahead.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

I have my bow HDs 7 flush mounted. I like there because I can see it fine, and it’s out of the way. I have a Helix 9 on the dash. They were going to fo flush mount it, but it didn’t fit. The RAM mount used works pretty well. After having all my rods and most of my tackle stolen when my boat was on my lift, I’m paranoid now. It’s easy to pop it off the RAM and hide it. Good luck.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I have a Reata….flush mount at the dash but don’t do it in the bow.

The angle in the bow needs to be changed depending on where you are fishing from and the sun. I’m really glad I didn’t flush mount the bow.

Here’s a good pic of the both.

Attachments:
    1. E390C392-9C00-403D-B014-814E9F9CE623.jpeg

Deuces

The angle in the bow needs to be changed depending on where you are fishing from and the sun. I’m really glad I didn’t flush mount the bow.

My buds 1880 same way, although his came flush mounted, tough viewing at times up on bow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.