Tip Ups?

• reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KYLE P ERICKSON wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Red Eye wrote:</div>
    What? This is IDO and not a single thing about the big/bulky/plastic contraption that is the ifish pro? Wow!
    Personally I love Artic Warrior tip ups. Almost the only clam product worth talking about. Get to use rod and pack very nicely in side pouch of rod bad.

LOL everyone I know who bought ifish pro regrets it big time. They sure look like a pain in the butt, but I have no first hand experience.

I sold my 3 after a few outings. I did not like them at all. I did like the idea of rod and reel but though the I fish pro was awful to use.

Yeah, these are disappointing…the engineer in me is really bothered by these. They’re a good concept and could be a lot of fun and effective, with some design improvements to make them more user friendly. 1st, they’re basically round, so reduce their footprint so they fit in a damn bucket. Then, improve the adjustable rod holder part, widen the slot, and find a way to fix the “line likes to billow into the path of the flag” issue. You know, for starters…

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

I have 2 of the finicky foolers and really really like them. Allows you to use a rod. Not a traditional tip up I guess, but they work really well.

x2. Love my finicky fooler. Bought one late in the season last year after not liking my ifishpro at all. The finicky fooler is much more packable and much easier to set up. Doesnt require this silly contraption deal with things on your line and all this and that. Takes just seconds to set up. Highly, highly recommend it.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

I agree Mike! The best thing you can do is watch some of their youtube videos right before you leave. Practice how to wrap the line around without tripping the trigger. Much better to practice in the comfort of your own home than out on the ice with wet, freezing cold fingers after digging in the bait box. With 10 minutes of practice it becomes a cake walk.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.