Time saving tips at boat launch

• Reef W

Instead of driving another 5 seconds ahead just unload your boat and put the cover on right on the ramp!

Also, if there are two ramps and you’re only blocking one make sure your partner stands in the middle of the other one completely oblivious to a boat backing towards them smash

Any other good ones?

Attachments:
    1. 20240902_082811-scaled.jpg

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Good grief!! I woulda had to give them a short tutorial.

MX1825

Some people think they are entitled and special.

It always amazes me that some people can not learn from watching how others do things. doah

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

90% of Minnesotans put their boat away after this weekend. It’ll all be over soon.

The tuna boats were out in full force on pool 2 today. Bunch of idiots throwing 3’ wakes by Hidden Falls. Go do that on the St Croix.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Pool 4 was shockingly slow today for 78 degrees, calm winds, and no clouds.

I launched the fishing boat this morning at 5:30am and was the second boat in the lot. When we came off the water at 10:30 there were 4 total rigs.

Fast forward to noon and I bet we didn’t see 20 total boats from then to 4:00 on the tritoon. It was so calm that we pulled my 4 year old daughter on skis for the first time in the channel and met one boat.

But to the OP, a little education for these people goes a long ways. I’d argue 90% of people who do this stuff don’t know any better and are apologetic when you correct their mistake politely. The other 10% are the a**holes of life at everything they do.

dirtywater

90% of Minnesotans put their boat away after this weekend. It’ll all be over soon.

The tuna boats were out in full force on pool 2 today. Bunch of idiots throwing 3’ wakes by Hidden Falls. Go do that on the St Croix.

Watched that poo show from the dog park. They’re all trying to burn their fuel so it doesn’t sit all winter. Made me glad I skipped fishing today. Lots of good days left this year.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Just launched and spent the day on pool 3 and the Croix. Nice time just cruising, pretty busy at Prescott and up thru the kinni. I like to use a small launch further south to avoid the gong show at Prescott. Plus it’s a fun cruise up the river!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>

Watched that poo show from the dog park. They’re all trying to burn their fuel so it doesn’t sit all winter. Made me glad I skipped fishing today. Lots of good days left this year.

It was fine til we left at about 2:30. The wife and daughter in the boat with the talon pinned down and some clown managed to knock the boat loose while I was grabbing the truck. Peoples lack of self awareness is astounding.

iowa_josh

Today I just cut in front of a guy because I didn’t believe anyone would back down the ramp with the boat still tied down and the transom saver still on. But they did. And then a boat tried to cross ways the end of the dock behind me using the dock. People are just inexperienced and clumsy here.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Had 2 guys cut in front of me . When they finally docked , a guy goes to get his truck. His butt crack fully exposed , he was struggling to walk , at first thought he was drunk . I finally load up and they are still putting stuff away , never seen anyone with a full size living room chair in their boat , but they did . The guy says to me sorry it took so long , he had back problems and can,t feel his feet . It would not have bothered me so much but i had to take a leak so bad , it was beginning to hurt real bad LOL You just never know what you will encounter at the launch .

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Im just happy labor day weekend is over now. Means we get less idiots

Brittman

Take a deep breath and sing that Frozen song … Let it go …

Mike J
    Wright County

Summer is finally over. Best time of the year coming up on the water or in the woods.

Charles

ah yes finally going to be quite on the lakes lol.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Yes, far less people on the water because everyone is heading to the woods and fields instead.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Youbetcha wrote:</div>

Yes, far less people on the water because everyone is heading to the woods and fields instead.

I used to be that guy. Run to the woods for opener of bow hunting to fight off millions of mosquitoes and bugs while sweating through everything for a few weeks at least before any sign of frost. Now I just pull cranks on some steep breaks in the river for walleyes, or go perch fishing until mid October without a boat in sight.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Run to the woods for opener of bow hunting to fight off millions of mosquitoes and bugs while sweating through everything for a few weeks at least before any sign of frost.

Haha. I used to be that guy too, only I headed to the duck marsh. I’d rather fish when its still 75 degrees out.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I used to be that guy. Run to the woods for opener of bow hunting to fight off millions of mosquitoes and bugs while sweating through everything for a few weeks at least before any sign of frost. Now I just pull cranks on some steep breaks in the river for walleyes, or go perch fishing until mid October without a boat in sight.
    [/quote]

One of the best tines to kill a good buck is right away. Buds and skeeters are easy to keep off. I’ll kill my deer and then take the boat back out.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

At least the boat inspector is doing something worthwhile.

Appears they are giving some attention to a dog.

LabDaddy1

I mean, he is driving a ford… chased

big_g
    Isle, MN

You can keep 2 walleye on Mille and fish until midnight ! crazy doah waytogo whistling

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

One time at a metro boat ramp I saw a guy getting ready who I knew would take forever. Tubes and all kinds of stuff in the boat. I had a buddy in the boat, so I cut in front of the guy really bad, backed the boat in and slid it off the bunks in 30 seconds. He flipped me off but it was worth saving a half hour of fishing time.

dirtywater

One time at a metro boat ramp I saw a guy getting ready who I knew would take forever. Tubes and all kinds of stuff in the boat. I had a buddy in the boat, so I cut in front of the guy really bad, backed the boat in and slid it off the bunks in 30 seconds. He flipped me off but it was worth saving a half hour of fishing time.

Translation: at the time I just determined I was more important than the other guy, so I did whatever served my interests.

Whatever happened to just having a simple conversation with the evil slow human? Hey buddy, mind if I take 30 seconds and slip past you?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

naw…its more fun getting flipped off and showing the super slow evil guy how easy it can be!! devil rotflol moon

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.