This was a spendy move…

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

When I decided to step back in time and buy a Thompson/Center Renegade side-lock I didn’t think it would be a real expensive move but wow, what it costs to re-equip one’s self to shoot one of these guns. I think I finally got it all rounded up. I’ll have to get a separate range box for all of this stuff.

I owned a .54 Renegade about 40 years ago. That gun had double set triggers and had a gangly trigger guard the fought fingers in gloves and would catch on everything and anything in the woods that got near it. I hated the triggers and the guard so when the right in-line came along I sold the Renegade. Then I regretted it since it did have some character that I did like…and appreciate. Not long after selling it T/C came along with a single trigger Renegade that had a simple guard and the buttplate was flat – yet another reason I sold the first one. Not long after the introduction of that gun they discontinued all of the side-lock manufacturing. About ten years ago I started looking for a single trigger Renegade in .54 just to own another. As it turned out they are super hard to find, especially one in decent condition. About 6 weeks ago I stumbled upon this one… like new, mint shape. .54 caliber. Single trigger. No rust anywhere. Shot once I believe. And the walnut is in perfect condition. Shipped, this gun was over 100.00 dollars cheaper than a .50 caliber of the same kind that was covered in rust and had a 350.00 price tag.

I have several in-lines in both .45 and .50 caliber and all are shooting the Blackhorn 209 smokeless black powder substitute. All are super accurate. This new gun likely won’t see the hunting woods but it will see the range bench and now I’m finding out how spendy all these “little-must-haves” are. Its worth it though. I’ve waited a long time to have a gun like this back in the collection.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1923.jpg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.