Thinking of fishing Pool 4 next week…

• Matt Amundson

Has anyone been out as of late – braving the weather and low water levels?
    I’d really like to get fishing, but I’d like to know if anyone has been having any luck or going at all.
    Thinking about boating up to the dam first and then maybe heading down river to the ice line.

mark z
    South Minneapolis

I was down there yesterday in the beautiful weather. Good number of boats. Not much net action. Saw a few come out of the scour hole. Rumor has it that it is a sunset bite. Everts does not have that strip downriver from the ramps plowed as of yesterday. Wisconsin backchannel ramp is open.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Two muskies were caught yesterday. Here’s the one I got.

When water gets this clear (7′) the bite primarily happens in the dark.

Things may change with this rain.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Oh. Picture

Attachments:
    1. CameraZOOM-20190308173544787.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

3 days ago did very well

eyeguy507
    SE MN

there are muskie in pool 4? I think I hooked one last summer near maiden rock but had walleye gear and it made a few leaps and snapped my line. Never got it close to ID but it still bothers me. I may have to change my tactics and try again. Never targeted skis but I may have to try my luck. Musky, gar and brown trout are still on my list of fish to check off my list in P4.

Matt Amundson

Hey thanks guys! A muskie on the river! That’s pretty neat. I haven’t caught one of those yet.
    I did fish a couple weeks ago and we caught some eyes before dark and some after dark. Pretty fun stuff, but we’ll see what this week brings.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.