The weather thread

• Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

son took over the family cabin SE of Aitkin. wonder what all happened there…..

Ripple Lake

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

son took over the family cabin SE of Aitkin. wonder what all happened there…..

Ripple Lake

My friend has an in-laws cabin near there on Lone Lake. Trees down on their property. Luckily none hit the cabin.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

that is a very clear lake!! just south of Ripple

CaptainMusky

My buddy sent me this video from St. Stephen. He works for a tree company, will be busy.

Yeah it was windier than heck here last night. CR 2 South of St Stephen was closed for hours because of all the trees and power lines down. One guy had all the tin ripped off his roof and thrown across the road and his airplane flipped over. It was a mess. I went through sartell today and this home that put up a brand new vinyl fence this spring the whole thing blew down. Apparently there was hail in Sartell, but I didnt have any. There were people who didnt get power back until 7 this morning. Ours went out for like 2 seconds and came back.

Stanley

My cousin has a cabin on clamshell lake in crosslake. They had a tornado by them. Lots of trees down on their property

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Its gonna be a wet week around the area. Here’s the map for precipitation totals for the next 7 days, starting tomorrow. Widespread rain of up to 6 inches. We will be on the edge of muggy, hot air to the south so some of these systems could also be on the severe side.

Attachments:
    1. rsz_7_day_precip.jpg

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Just got in from a morning fishing run on Pool 4.

The launch that usually only has a handful boats was stacked as the other nearby launches are unusable with the rain and high water.

Lumber/trees are still bobbing around out there, and next week’s forecast will make things worse. One of the many Facebook expert weather guys predicted the MN and Mississippi to at least reach marks they were at, if not push another crest higher due to incoming rain.

Hopefully that “expert” is completely wrong

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Just spent the week on Spirit. That was downright scary. We came through it OK, the boat was bouncing around at the dock and I broke a tie-down but came through it all. I consider myself extremely lucky as there were two reported tornadoes only a couple of miles away. Up the shore from the resort a guy lost his dock, his boat is upside down on the bottom of the lake, and his boat lift is sitting upside down on top of the boat. I have no idea how anyone would deal with that. A few miles up the road on Hamel one guy had his whole place end up in the lake. Like a horror movie. Again, we were very very fortunate to live through ‘the big one”.

Steve

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Again, we were very very fortunate to live through ‘the big one”.

Glad to hear you guys are ok Steve. Scary deal I’m sure.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Got back from Canada late last night. Heard there was some heavy winds in Sartell and marble size hail. Went golfing at blackberry ridge this afternoon. Lots of tree damage at the course and some were rather large mature ones. Hate to see that kind of damage on a golf course.

Joe

I just wish we could get accurate forecasts.

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

I have a place on Cedar between Aitkin and Deerwood. The south western end got hammered with some serious damage on the east side of Little Cedar. I got hit pretty hard with a number of trees snapped off at 12 foot including a large majestic white pine that thankfully fell away from the house. A mess for sure. Took a pontoon ride to see the damage and saw this pontoon on a lift completely turned over. Although I lost trees 100 feet from my dock the boat and pontoon were as though nothing happened.

Attachments:
    1. 20240614_1658481-scaled.jpg

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>weedis wrote:</div>
    My buddy sent me this video from St. Stephen. He works for a tree company, will be busy.

One guy had all the tin ripped off his roof and thrown across the road and his airplane flipped over.

That was JRs place (JRs resort on Red). Rain gauge has about 1.5” from yesterday, Sauk Rapids area.

CaptainMusky

Weeedis turns out it wasnt just the roof the whole shed was lifted up and thrown over the road and over power lines without hitting them. 60×120 shed.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

1 3/4 inches by me yesterday. Sounds like more coming tonight, tomorrow, Tuesday, and later this week. Welcome to the jungle. jester

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i came home from the cabin today, i drive hwy 6 into crosby. that tornado definitely did some damage. doah it took out a very distinct swath of trees out. a whole lot of trees laying down. even for a sunday lot of tree removal services in that area!!!

there was also an area between St Stephen and St. Joe that got hit with a bunch of trees down.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I dumped 1.3” out here close to Pool 4 this morning. We really need this week’s storms to miss us

jimmysiewert

Same here Buckbadger! Not gonna be good!! My dry run is already flowing and with all this rain coming I am getting nervous how high it will come up yet!! The ole Mississippi seems to be getting a good flush this late spring!!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Anyone start building an ark yet? Feel like I have more motivation for the new fishing boat at least… rotflol

10klakes

2.5″ Saturday. Another inch early this morning and plenty more coming this week. Could kayak through a few of the fields out here right now. Not good!

JEREMY
    BP

From Saturday to this morning when i left 3″ in gauge and still raining.

Jimmy Jones

Another transformer must have blown a few minutes ago. Huge explosion. Lost power here at home. And if the rain keeps up its current rate we’ll be measuring inches, not tenths.

This is the second transformer to blow in two weeks. The first was a squirrel. From a block away it still sounded like an electric chair in the movies.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Another transformer must have blown a few minutes ago. Huge explosion. Lost power here at home. And if the rain keeps up its current rate we’ll be measuring inches, not tenths.

This is the second transformer to blow in two weeks. The first was a squirrel. From a block away it still sounded like an electric chair in the movies.

We had one blow in front of our old place in chisago 10 years back or so. I thought it was a head on collision on hey 8, it was violent when it blew.

JEREMY
    BP

Heavy line of storms coming from the southwest again hope it dont hold together dont need anymore downpours.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I dumped 1.3” out here close to Pool 4 this morning. We really need this week’s storms to miss us

Another 1.1” in the gauge so far today and it’s currently raining

Edit. It was at 1.9” when I last looked. Easily the rainiest May/June combo on record in a long long time around these parts. Bring your swim trunks to your local Pool 4 launches.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There is a line of severe weather moving through far northern MN this morning. Another squall line is expected further south later today which may include hail, gusty winds, and torrential rain. Get out your PFDs fellas jester

Wildlifeguy

Spooky looking last hour here in the N Metro

B-man

There was 6+ inches of rain in areas of the northern Minnesota last night doah

We got by lucky with only 2″ at my house.

The rivers into Lake Superior are raging and over the banks.

Jimmy Jones

We had wind….52mph I think was the highest gust the weather mentioned at ten last night. My digital gauge measured a whopping .o1″ overnight.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

iowaboy texted me last night, they had 5 inches around Bemidji. he said his bilge pump on the boat ran nonstop and burnt up the motor, he had to finish with a shop vac!!! doah

the bullheads werent bitin either…….. chased devil rotflol

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 680 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.