The weather thread

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

^my all time favorite and likely impossible to top was the 500 gallon propane tank spotted tumbling downstream in about 12’ of water off the edge of the channel on Pool 5. That was from the last major flood.

That same year the guy who slips his tritoon next to the wife’s took his prop out on a grill…as in a BBQ grill headed downstream by Wabasha

JEREMY
    BP

Why all the storm chasers headed north? All the reports ive seen say most severe moving east southeast along the MN river valley.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That was the early wave that went through this morning. The evening one is supposed to be more severe and further north. There are going to be more hail reports after tonight. It’s already forming on the radar in northern MN.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Radar is showing grand rapids and deer river are gonna get smacked

Looks like this round will miss where I’m at.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

a front just went by here… almost an inch of rain in 20 minutes or so… some small hail too…

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Anyone around Mille Lacs hail and possible rotation heading your way. If your on the lake time to get off.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

You St. Cloud boys watch out too. Be safe everyone

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I got it after you Mike. Plenty of wind, rain, and tiny hail. For sure over an inch of rain. And some branches down. I might go for a drive here just south of me and have a look around.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Reed Timmer live feed showed one on the ground near Crosby

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

heard tree’s down in West Union all good here Pop!!! some nasty stuff heading east

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Sounds like things are winding down a bit. That’s good hopefully by the time it gets to the north metro it’s just rain.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

Aiken area was getting pounded too I see…

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

We were watching the Reed Timmer feed. A pretty serious tornado on the ground south of Aitkin for awhile. I haven’t gotten any damage reports, yet…

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Yea tornado touched down east side of Rabbit Lake, Hwy 6 side. Only a few miles from wife’s cabin.

LabDaddy1

Getting absolutely poured on with quite the lightning show right now by the airport

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Getting absolutely poured on with quite the lightning show right now by the airport

The lightning is putting on a great show tonight.

Lou W

1.25” rain with marble sized hail and wind. Walker, mn. Glad we didn’t get golf ball hail they warned of

glenn57
    cold spring mn

At one point last night I had 8 weather warnings on my phone. Stayed mostly clear out. Got 1/4 inch of rain after dark no wind or hail

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I saw a thing on my phone earlier of a pontoon and lift ripped out and blown down to the next set of docks, upside down. I think it was near Crosby.

The ground is very saturated. Any kind of wind burst could take down a tree with the ground being so soft.

Charles

Torando pretty much touch down in torrmel and then worked it way across rabbit into atikin. We got about 1.5 – 2″ hail in crosslake, what a fun night.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

My buddy sent me this video from St. Stephen. He works for a tree company, will be busy.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Video wont attach, maybe too long

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

See if this works, I shortened it up.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0320.mov
    weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

That’s only ten seconds long, the original is over a minute long of trees down on this land owners property.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

yea the winds really got nasty for awhile last night.. hopefully no one was hurt, haven’t heard of any body hurt anyway…

ThunderLund78

We were watching the Reed Timmer feed. A pretty serious tornado on the ground south of Aitkin for awhile. I haven’t gotten any damage reports, yet…

Got sucked into this live feed last night – had never watched a live storm chase feed before. Somewhat interesting but ended up spending way to much time on it. And that Reed Timmer is such a clown. Loved how they were speeding towards a tornado, he’s screaming like an idiot and driving with one hand on the wheel and one hand on is phone while filming out the window. Then he hits a RR crossing hard, sending his partner’s head crashing into the top-inside of the passenger door. His partner was already complaining of a headache throughout the chase, then that happens. He was bleeding and looking pretty much like he wanted to be done for the night, but anything for the shot, subscribers and the likes, I guess.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Got sucked into this live feed last night – had never watched a live storm chase feed before.

Same. I watched because it was local.

But I don’t know that I will watch one again. I had this weird feeling about watching destruction live as it was happening.

Charles

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

Got sucked into this live feed last night – had never watched a live storm chase feed before. Somewhat interesting but ended up spending way to much time on it. And that Reed Timmer is such a clown. Loved how they were speeding towards a tornado, he’s screaming like an idiot and driving with one hand on the wheel and one hand on is phone while filming out the window. Then he hits a RR crossing hard, sending his partner’s head crashing into the top-inside of the passenger door. His partner was already complaining of a headache throughout the chase, then that happens. He was bleeding and looking pretty much like he wanted to be done for the night, but anything for the shot, subscribers and the likes, I guess.

That road was bad he was traveling on I would not pushing that fast on the road.

Well so far I have 3-4 phone calls and 5-6 door knockers asking about roof inspections.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Steve Root and his wife had a wild evening at their rental cabin by Aitkin. Everybody is all good, but hopefully he can come on and tell us a story once he gets chainsawed out.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 661 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.