The weather thread

• Netguy
    Minnetonka

Sorry to see all the flooding in your area Sheldon. Hard to stop flooding!! I heard there were several deaths in Iowa from this storm.
    9 inches in one night, wow!! shock

Last night I got measly 2.2 inches. That makes it 3.6 inches in the last 7-8 days.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

1.3 inches at my house. Next chance is Friday, and then again Monday.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Sheldon I hope you drove up to a dry shop this morning.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sheldon I hope you drove up to a dry shop this morning.

I would imagine there is some mud inside. Sheetrock in the office ruined. Insulation in the walls of the garage soaked. Hopefully it didn’t get deep enough to get into the bottom drawers of tool boxes and electronic testing equipment. If I recall there is a hill behind the shop so I’m guessing water was running off the hill. I would be very surprised if he had flood insurance unless it was rolled into his business policy somehow.
    I would guess it will be a while before he can report back on damages.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

We chatted last night he said there was 4 inches of water inside the shop and lots of mud. He said he lost some inventory and a couple tools got soaked. Could have been a lot worse with the weather in the area.

CaptainMusky

I hate it when stuff like this happens! Good Luck Sheldon hopefully it isnt too bad and you are able get back to normal soon and not lose too much business.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

3.5 at my house. Enough to identify a couple gutter problems I had to temp fix during the down pore then properly fix this morning. grin

Jimmy Jones

We’re getting it again this morning. Not quite as crazy as it was the other day but raining pretty good and really windy. I think round one is about to wrap up in a short while but then round two is slated for later this morning. I’ve got 3/4″ on the digital gauge now. I got so dark at 7:30 this morning the street lights came on for a few minutes. Thankfully, no hail.

CaptainMusky

I had 1.1 when I emptied the gauge yesterday. Now there is at least another half inch still raining. Looking at the radar it looks like it will be moving out fairly soon. Heading NW.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Up here in the northland we’ve had 2 inches of rain since I’ve been here, last Thursday. Supposed to get another 1/2 inch today.

The lakes have come up at least 4 inches since I was here mid April.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Yep, all this rain is really helping the lakes. It is also really helping some of the badly damaged lawns from last summer. A few of my neighbors who lawn was almost totally burnt off last summer have almost fully recovered. I was not so sure with how badly they were damaged that they would recover this well, but they did. So far a good start for most of the farmers as well. Most of them around here got dry enough just in time to get planted and have had good rain since. I see some of the corn already a few inches tall.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The new drought monitor is pretty astonishing. Not just here in MN and WI, but also in the Dakotas, Iowa, Nebraska, and basically the entire eastern half of the country is nearly drought free.

The only remaining spot in MN is the north central area which is listed as “abnormally dry.”

Still plenty of rain in the forecast too as the calendar moves into June. There will be more 80 degree air temps in the coming week and slightly higher humidity/dew points as the weather turns more into a summer-like pattern.

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen corn look like this by June 1 before on our land. I hate to call anything “perfect” but this Spring has been awfully close for our fields

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Just received 3.5 inches in an hour. On already soaked ground.

I have measured foot of rain since May 1.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

^location?

Just started hammering again here a mile or so West of Pool 4. We didn’t get much earlier this week. A slow steady half inch would be great

Edit: I think we got a half inch in 20 minutes. We will easily rack up a couple inches of rain tonight looking at the radar

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Mille Lacs is getting pounded with rain tonight. Thats the most rain in years.

Jimmy Jones

Rochester’s NW side has had 1.56″ since 4 this morning.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Farmtown got a bucnh.
    Figures, I have the roofers coming today. doah

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

No drought in sight here and another round coming on Tuesday evening. waytogo

JEREMY
    BP

Just over 4.5″ for me Sunday afternoon – Monday morning. 3/4″ Friday.

ThunderLund78

I was cooking on the Blackstone just inside my garage with the garage door open as the storm rolled in yesterday. Literally could watch the float on the rain gauge go up when it got heavy. Add in what we got overnight and it was about 2.5″ here in the far south metro. Just south of me (Shieldsville area) got 5″+

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

My buddy who lives near Long Prairie said they got around 5″ of rain over night last night in that area. Not sure how much we got here in the St Cloud area but it was a lot

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

My buddy who lives near Long Prairie said they got around 5″ of rain over night last night in that area. Not sure how much we got here in the St Cloud area but it was a lot

WOW!! I live just west of Long Prairie about 8 miles, only an inch here last night….

glenn57
    cold spring mn

2 3/4 here in cold spring.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Drought’s over.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Ended up with 2.3” here last night along Pool 4. The river is going to stay high for quite a while

CaptainMusky

Nowhere near those numbers in my gauge but I just emptied it and had 1.23.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Tomorrow looks like plenty more as well.

Pool 4 will be at flood stage. They’re predicting close to 13’ in Wabasha I believe. The first prediction is usually a bit overboard, but with more coming tomorrow it will likely hit that

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 681 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.