The weather thread

• ThunderLund78

My sister and brother-in-law are staying at their friend’s place in Cape Coral. They were able to get a flight out at 10am tomorrow, hope it doesn’t get cancelled. It’s such a shame. I love the Florida Gulf Coast and always saw it as a place I wanted to at least live part-time in my later years. But insurance rates or even the ability to get insurance is making it impossible. Property values are going down because of it, will be interesting to see what happens in that market in the next decade.

CaptainMusky

Its actually a Cat 4 right now. It gained strength there recently. The exact path is unknown but it looks likely to go right through central Florida as at least a Cat 3, if not a Cat 4.

That was a typo I fixed it now. It went from Tropical Storm to Cat 4 in a day.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Supply lines and resources are already stretched thin because of Helene too. I like visiting Florida but there’s now way I could live there year round. Always wondering if the next hurricane was coming my way.

ThunderLund78

Supply lines and resources are already stretched thin because of Helene too. I like visiting Florida but there’s now way I could live there year round. Always wondering if the next hurricane was coming my way.

Living there year round or even the stress of owning property there, period. It’s been a BAD few years for that area.

CaptainMusky

I like visiting Florida but there’s now way I could live there year round. Always wondering if the next hurricane was coming my way.

There are a lot of states I could never live full time in. Any state that would get a hurricane, if its oppressively hot year round, earthquakes, landslides and propensity for wildfires.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I hear ya. I agree. At least my house is gonna be standing after a blizzard here. Not so much after a hurricane or a wildfire.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

What a mess. I’ve got a coworker who owns 3 VRBOs outside of Tampa (about a 1/2 mile off the coast) and they don’t bother trying to “save” anything. They just let it ride and hope for the best. I’m not really sure there’s much else people in those areas can do.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I hear a pitter patter on the roof this morn.

CaptainMusky

I hear a pitter patter on the roof this morn.

Yeah what is this wet stuff falling from the sky? I was mulching leaves last night and holy buckets was it dusty!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I got some of that fake rain too. Wasn’t even measurable. moon

CaptainMusky

Nope Gim it barely made the ground wet. Got the leaves mulched and it was a tiny bit less dusty. Normally my kids job but he has allergies and I don’t so I said I’d do it. My chest hurts now however

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It was a cold one here this morning. My temp read 35 Deg. on my ride to work. This will get those water temps down a little. Last time out it was still 60-61 Deg. This should drop it into the upper 50’s. That will get the fall walleye bite jump started for sure. See another rather cool night forecasted for tonight.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Water temps were 54 yesterday in Central MN and 51 this morning. Turnover getting kicked off today me thinks

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Water temps were 54 yesterday in Central MN and 51 this morning. Turnover getting kicked off today me thinks

Wow those are lower than we have around the St. Cloud area. At least colder than they were on Sat. late morning. What part of Central Minnesota was those in?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We got decent rain in NW Sconny over the weekend. It put a damper on some things but it was needed badly.

ThunderLund78

Would love some rain… was checking deer stands in the Minnesota River Valley yesterday and the dirt would just turn to powder under your boots when trying to go up and down steep ravines. We’ve had some dry stretches ad been in drought conditions the last couple of years but I don’t think I remember a stretch like this with literally ZERO precip for a month – at least in my area. I don’t remember the last time the ground was even damp from a passing shower.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

We had enough rain since Friday night up here in itasca County to ha e small puddles on some dirt roads

orve4

Friend was on Lake Miltona today and he had 58 for water temp.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

We are under 2 tenths of an inch total for 6 weeks here as of yesterday along Pool 4.

We need rain, and it looks like the upcoming weekend chances are drying up with each model run.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I did not quite have a good hard frost here this morning. Some on the roof. I think a hard freeze is coming tonight but the forecast later this week looks warm again, topping 70 by Friday.

James Almquist

2 mornings in a row that the bird bath has skim ice. The lakes will be cooling down some but the warmer weather at the end of the week make slow it down a bit.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Had a hard frost here in Sartell this morning. First time I had to dig out the scraper for the truck windows. Looking at the forecast there are some still rather warm days on the way ( for this time of the year anyway ) I only see a few lows near freezing and those are right at the freezing temp. This will take us about till Nov. Looks like our extended nice fall is going to hang on for awhile longer.

James Almquist

Looking outside I could tell we have a lot of frost but the temps were above freezing. I checked to see what the past 24 hours had as far as temps and there was a 3 hour stretch where we were at 24 degrees and then it started to warm before sunrise.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like we’re in for some warmer temps for the next week or so now. We’ll top 70 by Friday and it will stay there until the middle of next week.

Still no rain in sight either…

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Hopefully people are careful with what they’re doing out and about this weekend in 70 degree temps following weeks without rain, and wind. Youth hunters, cabin goers closing up shop, hikers, etc. as it won’t take much of anything to start fires.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Guess I will have to wait to try out that Dragons Breath ammo that is scheduled to deliver today. Really. devil

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Holy cow did the remnants of hurricane Milton arrive? arrow

CaptainMusky

Hopefully people are careful with what they’re doing out and about this weekend in 70 degree temps following weeks without rain, and wind. Youth hunters, cabin goers closing up shop, hikers, etc. as it won’t take much of anything to start fires.

Im actually very surprised we havent heard much about any fires with all the harvesting going on. That happens when combining and baling the stalks.

Viewing 30 posts - 721 through 750 (of 751 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.