The weather thread

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

80’s this weekend. flame

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Just took a look, and the best chance of rain over the next 10 days is 10%, with 0.00″ predicted for that span here along Pool 4.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Just took a look, and the best chance of rain over the next 10 days is 10%, with 0.00″ predicted for that span here along Pool 4.

Statistically, the last week of Sept to the first week of Oct is the driest 2 weeks in MN. Maybe that’s now the whole month of Sept thru Oct.

CaptainMusky

There is now an increased drought in northern MN. Its been extremely dry here. My lawn is turning brown or at the very least needs water which I have only done once this whole summer.

KP
    Hudson, WI

we have gone from complaining about not getting rain, to too much rain and now not getting rain.

I just want colder temps

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I just want colder temps

Loosk like that may occur ever so slightly starting Tuesday, but its still doesn’t represent much of a cooling trend deviated from the average because now the average high is under 70 degrees anyways. It will obviously be cooler than 80 or 85 degrees though, at least for a few days.

NOAA’s forecast for October is much of the same. Above average temps and minimal precipitation. Take that with a grain of salt though, as trying to predict anything more than a week out has a lot of variability.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It’s officially the warmest September on record, even with a day remaining.

The previous record was in … wait for it …2023.

So ya, the two hottest Septembers on record, back to back years. flame

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Boundary Waters has just announced a campfire ban until further notice.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Boundary Waters has just announced a campfire ban until further notice.

I can believe that. When I was there last weekend some of the trails were like driving on flour. My truck was a mess inside.

orve4

We fished a lake July 4th and the water temp was 68 Fished that same lake this past weekend and the water temp was 71.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

This is a bit crazy. I love the sunshine but I can’t even remember the last cloudy day. And back into drought after we just got out of one ???

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but the forecast is showing another string of 80+ degree days in a week. Potentially mid 80’s in some parts of the state. shock

And still no measureable rain in sight.

Guess we’ll just be skipping fall this year and sticking with summer until Christmas lol

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’ll go from summer to harsh cold in a weeks time. Nothing really different there

orve4

Leaving the 17th of October for Lake of the woods on the Ontario side they are even having warm weather. Even the nights are warm.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It’s going to be interesting to see how much the extended Summer drags on and impacts water temps and even early ice. I’m showing days in the mid 80’s next week here along Pool 4 and not a drop of rain in the 10 day forecast. We could go upwards of 35-40 days without measurable rainfall here if the forecast holds true.

I jumped in the tritoon with the wife and girls last evening for a ride and noted water temps at 71 degrees here on the River. We stayed in the channel, but I’m assuming portions of Lake Pepin itself are still warmer. We’ve had some cool nights but nothing near what is considered normal. I know weather can change in a hurry, but water takes a lot of energy (or lack of) to change temperatures in mass. I wouldn’t predict any real “early” ice in this area of the state unless we get a huge pattern change.

JEREMY
    BP

Early ice. I just wanna turn my damn air conditioner off before I have to turn the furnace on.

Jimmy Jones

I jumped in the tritoon with the wife and girls last evening for a ride and noted water temps at 71 degrees here on the River.

We had 65 degrees in a pool 4 backwater on Monday.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    I jumped in the tritoon with the wife and girls last evening for a ride and noted water temps at 71 degrees here on the River.

We had 65 degrees in a pool 4 backwater on Monday.

This was at about 5:30pm so I’m sure there’s some variability as the day goes on. Ideally we’d have a nice span of water temps in the 50s, but that’s not looking likely anytime soon.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Early ice. I just wanna turn my damn air conditioner off before I have to turn the furnace on.

Hahahaha, ya it would be nice to just open the windows every once in a while instead of blasting AC through October wouldn’t it.

At this rate early ice is looking like January doah

CaptainMusky

I havent had my AC on in quite a while but I am further North than you guys. It was in the 40s this morning.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

just seen we have a frost on the punkins tonight advisory, and a freeze warning for up in Itasca county!!!!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

had 32 degrees this morning and definitely frost. grass was white as well as other things!!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

We had our coolest morning yet at 39. Most forecasts still show mid 80’s at the end of next week. I’d be fine with them being wrong and seeing more highs in the 50s/60s.

I’m pulling out the tritoon this afternoon to get it acid washed and winterized over the weekend…so that should guarantee the heat wave stays on with sunny skies.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Most forecasts still show mid 80’s at the end of next week.

That’s what I saw too. Ridiculous. It’ll be nearly mid October at that point and we’re still talking 80 something degrees.

CaptainMusky

Yeah it was frosty here too Glenn. I think I might have dipped into upper 20’s because we are always a few degrees cooler in my area than surrounding because we are in a low area.

Jimmy Jones

We had frost on the neighbor’s rook at 38 degrees this morning. I think this is the latest I have seen frost. Ever.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We had frost on the neighbor’s rook at 38 degrees this morning. I think this is the latest I have seen frost. Ever.

We had frost Friday morning at my place.

CaptainMusky

Anyone following that developing Hurricane in the gulf? Its now a Cat 4 and will hit Florida like Wednesday. This is going to be a devastating storm to a state that is just cleaning up from the last one. Sounds like it will make landfall near Tampa.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Its not a Cat 4 and will hit Florida like Wednesday.

Its actually a Cat 4 right now. It gained strength there recently. The exact path is unknown but it looks likely to go right through central Florida as at least a Cat 3, if not a Cat 4.

As for our weather, no changes. A warm day here, a cooler day here. Hurricanes block normal weather patterns. Looks like Thurs/Fri will reach 80+ degrees in some parts of the state again. And still no rain in sight.

Viewing 30 posts - 691 through 720 (of 751 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.