The weather thread

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

Great weekend to end summer ☀️

that’s a great shot! summer can’t GTFO fast enough for me. pretty much my worst season to endure so it will be a dream in about another couple weeks after this false fall.
    Boat is ready for season to start in another 3 weeks………..can’t wait!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Ho hum, pretty boring doldrum September weather these days. More summer-like for a few days and expected to stay warm through the end the of month. Very little rain the forecast either, as Hurricane/Tropical Storm Francine is expected to provide a “blocking” pattern on our weather as it moves northward.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Certainly ready for fall to show up for more than a a couple days but that doesnt look likely for the next week or 2. Fishing the Rainy River and LOTW for 4 days in early October, Im sure we will get snowed on. Seem like for every week or 2 of above averages temps, there is a week or so of below to balance things out

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s going to be a warm bow opener.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It’s going to be a warm bow opener.

Gonna be warm for anyone trudging through the woods chasing grouse too.

My hunch is that general duck opener in 10 days is also going to be warm.

September seems more like summer than fall to me in recent years.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There are signs that this mild, rainless pattern may change in about a week. Hurricanes/tropical storms do a really good job of “blocking” the normal weather patterns, so until Francine is completely gone, we won’t have much of a change. Warm and dry for another week.

It may fall back to more normal temps by general waterfowl opener on Sept 21. Normal highs for this time of year are right around 70 degrees.

Reef W

Aurora forecast is good tonight and looks like it should be clear skies

Attachments:
    1. tonights_static_viewline_forecast.jpg

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Ugh. Too warm for this time of year.

LabDaddy1

Aurora forecast is good tonight and looks like it should be clear skies

Crazy how often(and how far south) we’ve been able to see the northern lights this year. I will say that where I’m at in the central/south metro they can be very faint. It helps to view it through a phone camera for me.

Reef W

Crazy how often(and how far south) we’ve been able to see the northern lights this year. I will say that where I’m at in the central/south metro they can be very faint. It helps to view it through a phone camera for me.

I’m on south side of a ridge/hill so don’t think this is best place but this must be it? I can tell there is some light but can’t see much. There is no light source in that direction, it’s 7 miles of forest to highway 1 east of Soudan.

Attachments:
    1. 20240912_220127-scaled.jpg

2. 20240912_220153-scaled.jpg

LabDaddy1

I wasn’t paying attention tonight, but this is what I’ve been able to capture the last couple times in July-august but still way better thru the camera lens than the naked eye-

Edit: can’t find my other shots right now

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2491-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_2488-scaled.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nice photos Labdaddy.

The latest drought monitor came out yesterday and 48% of the state is now considered “abnormally dry”, especially the northeastern section of the state. There is actually a small wild fire in the boundary waters which prompted some closure to the area.

I haven’t had any measureable rain since the week of the state fair, and its been warmer than usual. Could use some again.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

.04″ for the month of September here along the shores of Pool 4.

We could use an all day steady rain, followed by another one a few days later. I would rather get the rain now, than a month from now when our leasers are trying to finish up in the fields and tearing up our access roads.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Humid today though. And mid 80s still this week along with ragweed pollen. Gross.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

After this suffocating weekend it looks like the crisp air is moving in along the MRV. Got a new beast to pull the rig and it should be a great fall. Still a month out but got about 6 weeks of PTO…….boss gonna be mad but not looking like I will be working much this fall cry

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Balls its muggy out for September. It honestly feels warmer than it was here for most of summer.

Charles

We all know this weather is going to drop like a rock when it breaks.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like a reasonable chance of rain starting Thursday and continuing through the weekend. Beyond that it also looks like temps will drop down to “seasonal” for this time of year too. But definitely nothing resembling a cold front or serious cooler fall weather is on the horizon yet. Its just nasty muggy out there again today. Yuck

Viewing 19 posts - 661 through 679 (of 679 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.