The weather thread

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

fishthumper…i get it..stuff is spendy. why nail someone who’s never had a claim.

here’s the part that gets my goat big time. my AF agent was the wife of a coworker, whom the agent was a high school classmate. he told me they were going to FLORIDA for an awards banquet……he didnt pay a dime traveling expense. and then handing out friggin rewards to agents…….on my dime!!!!!! flame BS!!!!!

Glenn – your kind of missing the point of how insurance works. Insurance works off a pool model. It meant to spread out the cost of losses across a large group. If it didn’t work this way if someone had a large loss and the added cost was only to that one person, they could not afford the cost of insurance. For every person who’s never had a claim there may be someone who has only paid their 1st months payment of insurance and had a home destroyed by a fire or tornado. Like it or not that’s how insurance work. If you own your home, you are free to self Insure and not have home insurance at all. As far as Agents winning trips goes, I could name thousands of jobs where employees win things that are paid for by the consumers. Believe me, Most insurance agents who are winning a trip are spending way more of their income to make their business better than the cost of the trip. They are adding more paid employees, they are paying good $ for additional advertisements, they are paying to sponsor community events, Ect. All things that they don’t have to do.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I hear ya Jimmy. Between the weather, the fake news, and Whatever local sports team losing again…..I find myself watching the cartoon channel more and more just to keep my sanity.

SR

CaptainMusky

Insurance agents getting a trip is hardly a big deal to me. Now the corporate parachutes and the enormous executive salaries we can surely talk about that. THe CEO of my company makes $20M a year!

Charles

Well that one got wild last night. Our big maple tree in the front yard is leaning towards my house now. So sadly I’m going to have to cut it down. The shallow rooted tree didn’t stand a chance. I don’t know exactly where the tornado touched down but I do know that wind was coming from multiple directions and it got pretty spooky. I haven’t ever seen clouds do what they were doing. It was from 5 mph wind to 70ish in the matter of 5 seconds. Lots of trees down in the area.

There must have been a few, I know people were staying it was over by the transfestation, but then I also heard it was buy the new firedept remote building.

Reef W

Cooled down a bit according to my fancy weather station

Attachments:
    1. 20240901_070321-scaled.jpg

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Cooled down a bit according to my fancy weather station

Is that one of those weather stations where they throw in a free car when you buy one?

LabDaddy1

Reef- that fancy weather station looks rather Toyota-ish. Usually off by a couple degrees and a decade or so behind the times. Ask me how I know mrgreen

Reef W

Reef- that fancy weather station looks rather Toyota-ish. Usually off by a couple degrees and a decade or so behind the times. Ask me how I know mrgreen

It’s a Ram, but is a decade old… The official report here said 46 this morning, it was pretty cold which was nice compared to yesterday. Only 65 now at 1pm.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It is a stunning day out there no doubt about it.

Deuces

Great weekend to end summer ☀️

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2678.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A brief drop in temps later this week will usher in the coldest over night lows since late May. Possible into the 30’s for northeastern MN on Friday night.

The temps look to take rebound next week though. Above average temps will be the norm as the ridge of high pressure out west moves eastward. The calendar might say fall but the weather will definitely feel more like summer next week again.

Attachments:
    1. rsz_8_-14_temp_outlook.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

A brief drop in temps later this week will usher in the coldest over night lows since late May. Possible into the 30’s for northeastern MN on Friday night.

The temps look to take rebound next week though. Above average temps will be the norm as the ridge of high pressure out west moves eastward. The calendar might say fall but the weather will definitely feel more like summer next week again.

I’m over the summer bring on a real fall one of these weeks.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Don’t go sipping your pumpkin spice and pulling out your cute flannels just yet.

I’m seeing multiple days in the mid 80s next week here along Pool 4. Summer isn’t done. A few mornings coming up will be cool but the sun is still packing a major punch.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Heading up to the Ely area this weekend to camp, and seeing 34 for a low Saturday morning shock

Of course it’ll be back up to 75 by the time we leave Sunday afternoon.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m over the summer bring on a real fall one of these weeks.

I hear ya. Seems like September has definitely been more like continuation of summer in recent years. Heck, even October is still pretty warm too. I can recall 85 degrees last year the first week of October.

Reef W

Heading up to the Ely area this weekend to camp, and seeing 34 for a low Saturday morning shock

Look on the bright side, you get some time without bugs in the morning.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Look on the bright side, you get some time without bugs in the morning.

August was actually really nice up north bug-wise where we’ve been. Had very few up on Namakan over 5 days second week of August, virtually none up at McCarthy Beach state park the next weekend, and very few around home the last 2 weeks out by the firepit.
    The last issues I’ve had with skeeters, was on a week-long trip to Namakan the last full week of July. Earlier this summer was horrible tho.

CaptainMusky

The one thing I have noticed which I think is because of our mild and very little snow last winter is that all my trees that have those little helicopters did not have ANY of them this year. Normally my yard is covered by the ones from all my silver leaf maples, not a one this year.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I didn’t have any either and I have two maples on my property.

Some of my leaves are just now starting to turn color. Next week is still looking quite warm though. Some areas in southern/western MN may reach 90 degrees.

JEREMY
    BP

I didnt notice that til yesterday when my daughter said she wanted to load the leaf blower full of them. Trees have none.

CaptainMusky

I noticed it back in July already because that is when they normally cover my yard but I didnt want to jinx it by saying anything.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

There are quite a few walnuts this year, but none of the helicopter maple seeds as noted.

…I only know there are tons of walnuts, after my nephew and his friends stopped by and were having a “walnut fight” and one of them took a shot to the face. After about 5 beers I still couldn’t draw out exactly how my wife made the situation my fault either toast

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Same here no helicopters. I have a black walnut tree also, but very few nuts. Last year it was loaded.

JEREMY
    BP

Havent looked at the walnut nut trees cause the old lady has been mowing the back yard. Guessing they are there cause blade seem dull all of a sudden.

CaptainMusky

After about 5 beers I still couldn’t draw out exactly how my wife made the situation my fault either

LOL

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

none over this way either

Jimmy Jones

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    After about 5 beers I still couldn’t draw out exactly how my wife made the situation my fault either

LOL

Obviously, you hadn’t had enough beers.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

^^^^ toast waytogo rotflol rotflol rotflol

Viewing 30 posts - 631 through 660 (of 679 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.