The weather thread

• JEREMY
    BP

Arizona and it was 115 there but its not near as humid

Humid or not 115 cant feel good.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

It’s 60 and a bit foggy up here in the northland. I’ll take it.

Best part… not many bugs of any kind!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks warm for about 2 or 3 days starting Sunday. Beyond that and heading into Labor Day, there will be another cooler blast of Canadian air arriving so highs will return to around 70 – 75 degrees.

If you’re going to the fair, avoid sunday and monday lol

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Farmers Almanac 2024/2025

Wet Winter Whirlwind
    The astronomical start of winter begins with the winter solstice on Saturday, December 21, 2024. This winter, La Niña, which refers to the periodic cooling of ocean surface temperatures in the central and eastern equatorial Pacific, is expected to develop and hang on through the season. Taking into account the effect La Niña has on the weather, along with our long-standing formula, we anticipate the winter of 2024-25 will be wet and cold for most locations.

The season’s coldest temperatures will be found from the Northern Plains to the Great Lakes region. But areas east of the Rockies into the Appalachians will also experience many periods of cold conditions. The coldest outbreak of the season will come during the final week of January into the beginning of February, when frigid Arctic air brings a sharp plunge in temperatures almost nationwide, but especially across the Northern Plains.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I just hope we get solid ice formed prior to getting lots of snow. Nothing messes up a ice season like lack of ice followed by lots of heavy snow cover. Flooded snow makes for some real hard fishing conditions. Ideal would be 12-14″ of ice first and then I don’t really care how much snow we get.

JEREMY
    BP

Ya need some good ice I gotta try out my new flag pole and strobe lights.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

along with our long-standing formula

I wouldn’t trust a long range forecast formula as far as I could throw one. Especially one from the farmers.

La Nina is expected to become moderate phase by late fall or early winter, but there will be a transition phase from El Nino. I highly doubt we’ll see a fake winter like last year, but don’t be surprised if its not that much different, especially early on in December. December will look a lot more like fall than winter would be my guess.

CaptainMusky

Our winters have definitely been getting started later lately it seems.

Jimmy Jones

A repeat of last winter for the next ten years or so would be just peachy with me. Maybe even a bit warmer.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

A repeat of last winter for the next ten years or so would be just peachy with me. Maybe even a bit warmer.

With each passing year my mindset is shifting more and more in this direction. Give me enough ice for maybe 2 destination outings, and a couple weeks of pounding trophy perch on the river…and then bring on the 50s

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I sure could live with an extended fall prior to a short winter. I’ll trade ice fishing time for an extended fall walleye bite any day.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

8/22/24

First time the sprinklers have been activated this year. Easily a new record and I could have gone longer but they are so restrictive here in my city that I only get two days a week to use it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nasty out there again today. All my windows are completely fogged up with condensation.

A low pressure cool front will arrive later today, tonight, and through out the over night. Severe storms could be possible and the primary threat will be hail.

Relief will be arriving after the front moves through. Another cool front arrives Thursday, with even cooler temps for Labor Day weekend, which is looking stunning right now. Mid 70’s is on tap.

CaptainMusky

My windows are very foggy here too. It is thick outside!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Yeah you know it’s going to be bad when by 8:00 the guys in the shop are already sweating. I stocked the fridge with Gatorade and will keep an eye on them, make sure they are hydrated.

Stanley

Yeah you know it’s going to be bad when by 8:00 the guys in the shop are already sweating. I stocked the fridge with Gatorade and will keep an eye on them, make sure they are hydrated.

Days like this are brutal in a shop especially with little wind. Luckily 3yrs ago the owner had a/c installed in the shop and while we don’t use it that much I turned it on at 7am when I got here.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Days like this are brutal in a shop especially with little wind. Luckily 3yrs ago the owner had a/c installed in the shop and while we don’t use it that much I turned it on at 7am when I got here.

My wife works at a shop that has AC. That is a rare luxury in our industry for sure!

JEREMY
    BP

Gotta love when everyone in the shop is sweating their ass off and the service writers come back with sweatshirts on complaining things aint getting done quick enough.

CaptainMusky

My son is boiling I’m sure at work.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

there are a few, and not sure how many, but businesses shut down once the heat index hits a certain level!!!!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Getting really dark here. Looks like it’s going to get nasty about 6 based on radar. whistling

glenn57
    cold spring mn

pretty much fizzled out here…..for now anyway!!! temps really dropped so dod the dewpoint!!!!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Complete white out here. Heavy winds, lightning/thunder, torrential rain. No hail thus far.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Cool sky and double rainbow tonight

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0837-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_0838-scaled.jpeg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well that got a little wild. See trees down across the street. We have no power.
    I should have let mother nature deal with the wasps because I’m pretty sure that table cover is I. The next county.

LabDaddy1

Here in south/central metro we have no power now for the last hour and a half or so. Lots of trees/branches down and debris in the roads. Hopefully they get it running soon, but there are a gazillion outages. That was a crazy show of wind on the front edge and the lightning show lasted forever. I drove down the road and parked under an overpass for a while, but thankfully no hail.

Viewing 30 posts - 541 through 570 (of 681 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.