The weather thread

• Stanley

Got about an inch in foley yesterday between two little cells that came over in the afternoon.

CaptainMusky

Got about an inch in foley yesterday between two little cells that came over in the afternoon.

Yeah, I was bummed when I saw those miss me yesterday!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

In case you were wondering, it will be getting warm next week. The heat dome parked over the southwest will be moving east. We’ll be spared from extreme heat and there could be “ridge riders” of storms that pop up almost any day, but its definitely gonna get hot.

Attachments:
    1. rsz_16-10_day_forecast.jpg

Riverrat

IT stinks like swamp and wet dog in town. I swear out here in West Central MN we can watch the water evaporate out of the corn and turn into nightly storms right in front of the eyes. Last nights storm included several inches of small hail stones for a lot of the area. We might not be flooding much but we are definitely moist. We got about an inch in last night little string.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like a pretty nasty line of thunderstorms moving east between Litchfield and Duluth this evening.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Looked at high temps where we are headed in Montana, and it’s been roughly 75 most days. Next weekend they’re predicting 100 when we arrive.

It looks like there will be more ice in dad’s bourbon than usual.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Helluva soaker in roseville

Stanley

Looks like a pretty nasty line of thunderstorms moving east between Litchfield and Duluth this evening.

We drove through those on I35 back from Duluth this evening. Nothing severe just heavy rain in some spots which made for bad visibility and reduced speeds.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I got 1/2 an inch. Could used more. There was some reports of up to 3 inches and flash flooding.

Next good chance of rain is Wed/Thurs. Gonna be warm through about Friday or Saturday. Next week looks much better with highs back in the upper 70’s and low 80’s.

CaptainMusky

8 tenths for me. Needed it badly. It was weird the clouds didnt even look like rain producers but it just kept coming down. Sartell only a couple miles from my got double what I did.

Stanley

Got 1 1/2in yesterday in the rice area. My lawn needed it.

CaptainMusky

Wow, you arent far from my wondering if my gauge is jacked up but its a certified one. Hmm.

Stanley

My gauge is nothing special I think it’s just the way some storms go. We were in Duluth yesterday and when we got home it said 7/8 then got the rest overnight. I have watched the radar show big cells coming right for us then it will split and we get nothing or just a little rain where areas around us get hammered.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i was up at the cabin from thursday till today…..they forcasted storms every day..we got enough dribbles to get the deck wet!

here at home had 3/4 inch last night!!!

Justin riegel

3 inches plus in Centerville last night. it seemed the storms kept just building over top of us.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

i was up at the cabin from thursday till today…..they forcasted storms every day..we got enough dribbles to get the deck wet!

I was up north this weekend too, and thank God I didn’t plan around the forecast. Beautiful weekend for swimming and napping in AC!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Was gone for last week. Had 91/100s in the rain gauge. Probably lost some to evaporation. Don’t know which rain it was from.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There is an elevated risk of severe weather this afternoon, this evening, and into the night for the region. A line of thunderstorms has already started to form in the Dakotas and is expected to gain strength and head eastward. There could be hail, straight line winds, and torrential rain associated with this front as it moves east. A “bow echo” is expected to form in western MN which could deliver very strong winds prior to arrival.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

So much for my P2 outing tonight! bawling

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ya. Looking at the forecast and radar for the St Cloud area, It looks like a great chance it will hit this area. Lots of red on that radar – That’s not good. Looks to get to this area around 5:00 or a little after. Can live with some more rain. Homeowners and farmers sure don’t want any hail out of it – That’s for sure. Hail claims is raising hell on home premiums and the Farm crops are looking great. Hail is the last thing either needs

JEREMY
    BP

After my first two sweetcorn patches didnt grow worth a darn in the wet sponge ground my last stuff looks great. The way my luck has gone lately we are getting hail tonight.

JEREMY
    BP

Looks on the radar like the Paynesville area is gonna get roughed up shortly.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Just got the severe weather watch for here in the Sauk Rapids, St. Cloud areas. Nice and dark to the west.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Just got the severe weather watch for here in the Sauk Rapids, St. Cloud areas. Nice and dark to the west.

Looks like the 1st wave will not be as bad as the 2nd one a little later. Real dark out there now in saint cloud. Street lights are on.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Well got the yard mowed just in time anyway.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Solid 1.5 here last night. Green grass into August with 0.0 lawn watering is awesome. I doubt Ill make it the year before turning on the sprinklers but who knows?

CaptainMusky

Looking at the radar loop it’s like we are in the eye of a hurricane. I got over an inch and still raining

haleysgold
    SE MN

I’m about 20 miles North of Rochester.
    I had 7″ of rain.
    Also had a huge cottonwood tree with a pair of eagles that sit in it every day and the young one they hatched out of a nest on mine.
    Yep, it blew over.
    Gonna miss seeing and hearing them unless they find another perch nearby.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’m about 20 miles North of Rochester.
    I had 7″ of rain.
    Also had a huge cottonwood tree with a pair of eagles that sit in it every day and the young one they hatched out of a nest on mine.
    Yep, it blew over.
    Gonna miss seeing and hearing them unless they find another perch nearby.

we’ve had an eagles nest up at the cabin for years, storm finally snapped that big pine off and toppled the nest……..they rebuilt in another big ugly pine on the north end of the lake, so there is hope haleysgold!!! waytogo

the new nest isnt nearly as big…….but give it time!!

Jimmy Jones

1.62 on the digital gauge this morning here in downtown Rochester.

Viewing 30 posts - 451 through 480 (of 681 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.