The weather thread

• CaptainMusky

Yeah it’s true. I’ve checked too. My neighbors put in a fence and before it was done I made sure to have my trees trimmed on that side to make sure they wouldn’t be an issue and the tree trimmer said you are a good neighbor. I said you don’t know my neighbors and how much they’d bitch LOL

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Haha. I know. But its true. I confirmed.

Sure hope you still offer to get it cleaned up.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Yes. I would never just leave something like that.

CaptainMusky

Good man Gim as are most everyone here even Dutch. Just kidding Dutch! LOL

JEREMY
    BP

Had 2 giant old maple trees about a foot onto my property. When the neighbors built a house about 10 years ago the asked if they could have them taken down since they would only be about twenty feet from their house. Figured it would save me money down the road and they paid to remove them.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    If your tree damages his fence in a fall, it’s your issue not his.

That’s not true. I called my insurance agent and she said if any damage occurs, their owners homeowners insurance covers it. Like if it had landed on his house, shed, or a fence. It pays for the damage and removal of the tree. That’s why I was initially confused on the subject because property damage is the responsibility of the property owner. In this specific case, there was no damage.

He wasn’t around yesterday when I noticed it down so I couldn’t talk to him but I did talk to him later on. We agreed to address it together.

Gim is correct. If your tree falls on the neighbors house, it falls under the neighbors insurance as far as a claim goes. If the neighbors tree falls and damages your home or property, It falls under your homeowners insurance. As far as the tree removal goes, work that out between you and the neighbor. I would not be on a neighbors land cutting a tree without discussing it with him First.
    Side note here. On most insurance policies, If a tree in your yard falls on your property and does not damage any property. Normally a claim will not cover the cost of the tree removal. If the fallen tree does damage to some property – Then the tree removal cost does usually get covered through the claim.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Boy they really missed the Sat. forecast for this area. Only a small chance of any storms or any rain for most of the morning and afternoon for the area we had planned to fish. Got ran off the lake by about 7:30 with some rather scary storms including lots of lightening and some rather scary wall clouds. Loaded the boat and sat in the parking lot along with several other fishermen. after 45 minutes and looking at the radar we decided to drop back in and just fish in the rain for the rest of the morning. Left the lake around 11;00 and it rained the whole time we fished.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Thanks for confirming thumper that’s what I was able to gather.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Boy they really missed the Sat. forecast for this area. Only a small chance of any storms or any rain for most of the morning and afternoon

Same thing happened to me, and the memorial golf tourney on Saturday. Ended up running for cover 3 times, and played thru some lighter stuff for a 6 hour 9 hole round. blush

If your tree falls on the neighbors house, it falls under the neighbors insurance as far as a claim goes.

This is correct, unless the tree is dead and should have been removed prior.

JEREMY
    BP

So if my tree falls on your house its your problem. But i bet if my tree thats on the city boulevard falls on the city street its my problem.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So Thumper to be clear……if my neighbors house gets hit by a tornado and his house ends up in my yard without damaging my house it’s my problem? If thats true is anything of his that lands in my yard mine?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

So Thumper to be clear……if my neighbors house gets hit by a tornado and his house ends up in my yard without damaging my house it’s my problem? If thats true is anything of his that lands in my yard mine?

If his house is hit by a tornado and it gets pushed into your house and damages it. It would be your insurance that a claim would need to be processed with for the damages to your house. If it lands in your yard and doesn’t damage any of your property, then I say work it out with him as to the removal of the house from your property. Same thing with a fire. If the neighbors house catches fire and the fire jumps to your house. Your house damage is on your insurance company’s $.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    If your tree falls on the neighbors house, it falls under the neighbors insurance as far as a claim goes.

This is correct, unless the tree is dead and should have been removed prior.
    [/quote

Ya the dead tree can become a little Grey. I’ve been told if a neighbors tree is dead and you believe it could fall and cause some damage to your property. You have to inform the neighbor of the potential damage. If after you notify them the tree falls and damage your property your insurance company may pay and then try and subrogate it back against the neighbors insurance. In that case you probably better have the notice to the neighbor on record somehow.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

But i bet if my tree thats on the city boulevard falls on the city street its my problem.

If your tree on the boulevard is in the right of way of the street, I believe it’s the city’s problem.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

man is this a super nice morning………i could take this the rest of the summer!!!!!!!! waytogo waytogo

LabDaddy1

Today on “Days of our Jive” jester

ThunderLund78

Man, we earned the weather this week! Perfect out there! (except the gnats)

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ll take todays weather 365 days a year if possible. 75, Partly Cloudy, Winds at around 5 MPH. Wish I could find a place that has these conditions year around, I’d retire there.

ThunderLund78

I’ll take todays weather 365 days a year if possible. 75, Partly Cloudy, Winds at around 5 MPH. Wish I could find a place that has these conditions year around, I’d retire there.

San Diego is pretty much like that. Hope you saved for retirement! rotflol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Wish I could find a place that has these conditions year around

Honestly the same weather for months on end gets kind of old. When I visit other parts of the country for work, I experience that. It got old even after 1 or 2 weeks.

I need some variety in my life for weather.

I can’t argue that its stunning outside though. This week may end up being the best weather week of the summer.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

San Diego is pretty much like that. Hope you saved for retirement!

Ya I should have put the disclaimer on my statement saying excluding any part California. People worry about California falling off into the ocean. I say is there anything we can do to help make that happen jester doah grin

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Feels like bow season this morning. Getting me excited

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Another fantastic day out there that’s for sure

CaptainMusky

I could take this weather any day of the week but hopefully mostly on weekends. Man its gorgeous out!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Rain missed me again. Every cell the last few days has gone east, west, or south of me. Looks like the east metro getting a good thunderstorm tonight.

CaptainMusky

Woke up to loud thunder this morning and a steady rain. Got a couple tenths it looks like. I started watering the lawn last night because its getting dry.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

raining here too!!!!! waytogo lawn and garden are happy!!!! woot

CaptainMusky

Yeah, we need the rain in this area Glenn! The South could sure dry out, but its been dry here for a while and my soil is so sandy.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

just checked…..had 1/2 inch……i’ll take it!!!!! waytogo

Viewing 30 posts - 421 through 450 (of 681 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.