The weather thread

• Reef W

Still waiting for this rain, it’s hot

Attachments:
    1. 20240704_171955-scaled.jpg

Jimmy Jones

Raining pretty good here in Brainerd, started around 5. No idea how much we have as it won’t matter anyway. devil

Can’t control how much rain comes. I keep a pretty good records so I can maybe correlate rainfall totals and ground conditions with the river and creek behind us with lake levels on the lake all this water runs into.

Basically I think a lot of the state is a mess right now with all the excess water.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The ridge of high pressure aka the “heat dome” that is sitting out west is projected to move northeast next week. A string of dry, warm days is predicted with our first 90+ degree day (gasp) of the summer likely!

MX1825

A dam in Manawa, WI breached today.
    They got 5 inches of rain this AM.
    If the rain don’t slow down there will be more.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They really missed the forecast here today. All I heard was hot and humid for days. It’s been raining off and on since 8am, sometimes heavy rain too. Lightning and thunder now.

Completely 100% opposite of hot, sunny, and humid. Weather terrorism

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

I tried to get out early this morning to mow because a low spot in our yard was just dry enough to finally cut.

I barely got started and it was pouring down rain just west of Waconia. I’ve since been able to cut the rest of the yard between sporadic showers but that low spot is to wet to mow again now!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

well……….its getting pretty warm and icky sticky here now!!!!! ISH!!!!!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Before today’s rain, my garden and low spots were the driest they’ve been since all the rain started in May.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

86/100s in the storm last night. Oh well!! doah

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I got hammered during the middle of the night with a severe thunderstorm. Straight line winds, hail, thunder/lightning, and torrential rain.

I think I know the answer to this, but if a tree of yours falls on a neighbors property, it’s their responsibility, correct? I had an older birch tree fall from the corner of my property and all of it is laying on my neighbors property in some overgrown brush.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

We have been without power since about one this morning. Had to switch back up battery on sump in middle of night as the initial went dead. Running the generator now to keep it going. That was some of the loudest thunder I have heard, crazy loud .

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Where the tree is rooted determines who is responsible. But if twigs, leaves go in your neighbor’s yard that’s considered normal growth and you are not responsible. If big limbs or the whole tree falls into their yard, you are responsible.
    I’m 99.44% positive on this. Just like Ivory soap’s purity. lol

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

Where the tree is rooted determines who is responsible. But if twigs, leaves go in your neighbor’s yard that’s considered normal growth and you are not responsible. If big limbs or the whole tree falls into their yard, you are responsible.
    I’m 99.44% positive on this. Just like Ivory soap’s purity. lol

I agree, get your chain saw going

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

But if the tree lands on a fence or house or shed, the homeowners policy of that property owner covers the costs.

That’s why I’m confused here. If it doesn’t cause any damage, it’s my problem, but if it does, it’s the neighbors problem?

I googled the subject earlier and from what I found, it’s their problem if it’s on their property. Maybe someone who is more versed on insurance and property law can help me here.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

the right thing to do is talk the neighbor and jointly just clean it up!!!! in my little world anyway!!!

you said its birch??? cut it up and sell it….good home firewood for heating!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

You’re right Glenn. I talked to my neighbor about it already and we agreed to take care of it together.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I got hammered during the middle of the night with a severe thunderstorm. Straight line winds, hail, thunder/lightning, and torrential rain.

I think I know the answer to this, but if a tree of yours falls on a neighbors property, it’s their responsibility, correct? I had an older birch tree fall from the corner of my property and all of it is laying on my neighbors property in some overgrown brush.

Why would it be his problem? Your tree from your yard. Go over knock on the door and let him know you are working on getting it taken care of. Why people are afraid to talk to people is part of the problem with this country.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think your kind of missing the point being that it’s his yard.

It’s not exactly in a fully accessible location either. I’d have to cross another neighbors property to get at it on his property.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Corner crossing?? rotflol rotflol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s not exactly in a fully accessible location either. I’d have to cross another neighbors property to get at it on his property.

No, the point is go talk to him.

Stanley

We had what I am pretty sure was a lightning strike on the neighbors property last night. It was the loudest sound I have ever heard from a storm. My neighbors internet modem got fried and his well isn’t working now.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

that will do it, had it happen to me several years ago.. no fun

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The forecast after today looks fantastic for the next week or. Highs in the 70’s and low 80’s for the foreseeable future, and minimal humidity.

We’re pretty lucky to have this kind of weather in mid July. Many parts of the rest of the country are baking under extremely hot weather.

And we still have not hit 90 degrees either.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

The forecast after today looks fantastic for the next week or. Highs in the 70’s and low 80’s for the foreseeable future, and minimal humidity.

We’re pretty lucky to have this kind of weather in mid July. Many parts of the rest of the country are baking under extremely hot weather.

And we still have not hit 90 degrees either.

I approve of this forecast!

applause

Brittman

Back to the Vikings … will this mix of new D athletes work for a unit that has to be cohesive to work ?

Will Aaron Jones return to his “prime” ?

JEREMY
    BP

I would sure think if its growing on your property and falls on his you should cut it up. If it was a beautiful apple tree full of ripe apples and tipped over to his yard would all the apples belong to him?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s your tree, it should be your problem to clean it up. If not that’s kind of a dick move.
    My first thought would be to knock on his door and tell him your plan is to get it cut up and moved. I bet you are just fine crossing property lines.
    If your tree damages his fence in a fall, it’s your issue not his.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That’s not true. I called my insurance agent and she said if any damage occurs, their owners homeowners insurance covers it. Like if it had landed on his house, shed, or a fence. It pays for the damage and removal of the tree. That’s why I was initially confused on the subject because property damage is the responsibility of the property owner. In this specific case, there was no damage.

He wasn’t around yesterday when I noticed it down so I couldn’t talk to him but I did talk to him later on. We agreed to address it together.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

That’s not true. I called my insurance agent and she said if any damage occurs, their owners homeowners insurance covers it. Like if it had landed on his house, shed, or a fence. It pays for the damage and removal of the tree. That’s why I was initially confused on the subject because property damage is the responsibility of the property owner. In this specific case, there was no damage.

He wasn’t around yesterday when I noticed it down so I couldn’t talk to him but I did talk to him later on. We agreed to address it together.

That’s the most ass backwards thing I’ve heard. I guess I thought it was opposite

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Haha. I know. But its true. I confirmed.

Viewing 30 posts - 391 through 420 (of 681 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.