The weather thread

• CaptainMusky

The insurance threat thing is real. Ive talked to 2 separate agents and they say the Midwest is the new florida for insurance. Not good for consumers.

Yeah there have been some pretty dangerous storms the last several years in the Midwest. A buddy’s kid had his house ravaged by hail, it was fixed the following summer and no more than a week later destroyed by hail again!

CaptainMusky

Sounds like the weather up North should be decent. But, everyone else will be going up there too!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Sounds like the weather up North should be decent. But, everyone else will be going up there too!

Which is where I’m heading in a few hours. Forecast for anything north of St. Cloud seems to be improving.

CaptainMusky

Good luck Joe if you go fishing! And keep all your fingers!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Good luck Joe if you go fishing! And keep all your fingers!

Thanks! You too! No fireworks for this guy. I like my digits too much.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

now that I’m retired, I NEVER go to the cabin on them 3 day weekends . Go the weekend before or after waytogo

CaptainMusky

now that I’m retired, I NEVER go to the cabin on them 3 day weekends . Go the weekend before or after

Smart move.

Gitchi Gummi

now that I’m retired, I NEVER go to the cabin on them 3 day weekends . Go the weekend before or after

rough life you live Glenn! I’m jealous.

Have a great and safe weekend everyone! Remember those lifejackets.

Baitwaster
    South metro

Thought for the day –

Out there somewhere is someone who doesn’t realize yet they are going to bed tonight missing a finger…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Slight improvement in the weather forecast for my area. Went from Rain on Thur, Fri, Sat, and Sunday. To now just Thur, Sat, and Sunday. I did say slight improvement. As far as the overall weather history goes, the weather has been changing forever over time. This current trend is just a blip in overall history.

Gitchi Gummi

Thought for the day –
    Out there somewhere is someone who doesn’t realize yet they are going to bed tonight missing a finger…

this made me chuckle

in all seriousness, please be cognizant and respectful of neighbors and pets when everyone’s lighting off fireworks this weekend. For many combat veterans and pets, this is the worst week of the entire year.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

rough life you live Glenn! I’m jealous.

Have a great and safe weekend everyone! Remember those lifejackets.

rotflol waytogo waytogo yep……and actually i rarely spend weekends.i head up mondays and go home friday or sat AM!!1

Gitchi Gummi

yep……and actually i rarely spend weekends.i head up mondays and go home friday or sat AM!!1

ok now you’re just rubbing it in

glenn57
    cold spring mn

yep……and actually i rarely spend weekends.i head up mondays and go home friday or sat AM!!1

woot rotflol mishaps a wee bit!!!!! jester

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Headed to Hayward a week from Sunday, and coming home Friday. I’m not retired from any of my jobs, but I try to schedule getaways during the week. I’d rather work all weekend and fish/travel during the week.

Jimmy Jones

glenn57 wrote:

I try to schedule getaways during the week. I’d rather work all weekend and fish/travel during the week.

No kidding guys. We do the same.

JEREMY
    BP

Back to weather it’s raining like a monkeybutt again.

JEREMY
    BP

Monkeybutt. Interesting change

stout93
    Becker MN

Hasn’t rained a drop here…just waiting to go to the cabin but afraid of the ‘potential hail’ that I keep seeing on my weather app…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Humid in Brainerd but no rain although they say it’s coming.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Another .4” this morning, now just getting more humid by the minute before more falls this evening I’m sure

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Good rain here too. Lovely holiday weather jester

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Although it came later than forecasted for the Sartell area, it came down rather hard for a short period and is rather steady right now. Did manage to get the grass mowed right ahead of it so got that going for me. Wish I had got up and out fishing this morning ahead of the storm, had a nice window of excellent fishing weather but missed it because of trusting the forecast. Oh well, found out my cranking battery is shot. Only 11 months old. Got to haul it back to interstate to get it replaced.

Jimmy Jones

We’ve gotten another dumping just now. Very dark sky and the wind just kicked up.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Although it came later than forecasted for the Sartell area, it came down rather hard for a short period and is rather steady right now. Did manage to get the grass mowed right ahead of it so got that going for me. Wish I had got up and out fishing this morning ahead of the storm, had a nice window of excellent fishing weather but missed it because of trusting the forecast. Oh well, found out my cranking battery is shot. Only 11 months old. Got to haul it back to interstate to get it replaced.

Good news is Interstate is pretty good about warranty stuff.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Had to be another quick .5” or so here and counting along Pool 4. Looks like I’m retiring to the screened covered deck with a cigar and some bourbon once the monsters are asleep.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Just a tich under 1/2 here… for now.

Jimmy Jones

1.8″ Since 4pm today. The creek and river behind us are coming up again at a healthy clip.

Bucky…. you may want to check a radar site. Me thinks you’re going to get a pile of rain soon if it hasn’t already fired up.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Raining pretty good here in Brainerd, started around 5. No idea how much we have as it won’t matter anyway. devil

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 681 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.