The weather thread

• Jimmy Jones

I just saw some video of an area around Lutzen…. water over Highway 61 and a couple secondary roads washed out in places.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I just saw some video of an area around Lutzen…. water over Highway 61 and a couple secondary roads washed out in places.

i’ve also seen reports of some road closed around grand Rapids closed due to flooding!!!!!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

From drought to flood! Good to see moisture return to the earth but feel bad for anyone with damage.

JEREMY
    BP

We got lucky for once last night didnt see a drop.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

From drought to flood! Good to see moisture return to the earth but feel bad for anyone with damage.

I think I was the outlier the last two summers. I loved the droughts. This rain is brutal.

ThunderLund78

Anyone got a pic of Gooseberry, Temperance or any other accessible falls after last night’s storm?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Ya that was a nasty line of thunderstorms on the arrowhead for sure last night. Doesn’t surprise me there are some washed out roads on the north shore.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Anyone got a pic of Gooseberry, Temperance or any other accessible falls after last night’s storm?

Kare 11 just had a bunch of video of the temperance river and others pretty crazy. Would be cool to head up and check out

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Kare is doing a lot more on it on breaking the news at 6:30 for anyone wanting to see it

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I am seeing 3-5 MORE inches of rain through the next 3 days in my area shock

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Oh good. With yesterday’s drought, I could really use some rain.

whistling

3Rivers

I grew up in Cook and spent the first half of my life there. I know the city had flooded from the Littlefork River in past history and had seen pics and heard stories about it, but this the first time in the 50 years I’ve been alive that it’s actually happened. Seeing the river during normal levels you would say, ain’t no way that thing would EVER flood the city. It’s basically a large creek, but yeah, it happened, and just unbelievable.
    and it’s still rising…

https://www.northernnewsnow.com/2024/06/20/developing-floodwaters-inundate-city-cook/

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Same here. I mostly missed the heavy rains on Tuesday that northern MN got but I’ve gotten nearly 4 inches already this week.

There is already an Excessive Rainfall Watch posted through Saturday for basically the entire southern half of the state.

Another item of note, our average first 90+ degree day is May 30. We still have not hit that. The ridge of high pressure (aka the heat dome) is not projected to move north through at least the 4th of July either, so there are no really hot temps on the horizon.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

nother item of note, our average first 90+ degree day is May 30. We still have not hit that. The ridge of high pressure (aka the heat dome) is not projected to move north through at least the 4th of July either, so there are no really hot temps on the horizon

I will take the cooler weather for sure but this rain has to stop at some point.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I agree, they can keep their hot weather to the south.

It looks like a string of at least a few dry days next week after Saturday.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

While fishing yesterday I noted to my fishing partner that the weather was my idea of a perfect day. Temps in the low 70’s, wind 5-7 Mph, and Partly cloudy. I told him if I could find a place like that 365 days a year I’d pack up and move tomorrow. He said ” Good luck and to let him know if I find that place, he’d be right behind me.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I could find a place like that 365 days a year

San Diego is pretty darm close.

-J.

JEREMY
    BP

But thats in California their weird there. Oh wait kinda like here.

Justin riegel

Looing at the river forecast center, it appears every major river in the area will be at or major flood stage. I hope we do not get as much rain as they are predicting.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    I could find a place like that 365 days a year

San Diego is pretty darm close.

-J.

If I could have their weather without all their other BS I’d have them high on my list

ThunderLund78

Kare 11 just had a bunch of video of the temperance river and others pretty crazy. Would be cool to head up and check out

I just happened to have a buddy visiting the north shore and he posted some videos of Gooseberry Falls on FB. There’s so much water running through there that it’s unrecognizable! The falls actually seem shorter because of the volume and depth below the falls, but the flow is like something I’ve never seen up there.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Precip forecast through Monday. Uff da

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4944.jpeg

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Should clarify this is the 10 day accumulation through next Monday.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Joe Jarl wrote:</div>

Should clarify this is the 10 day accumulation through next Monday.

I was about to start building a tree house.
    We just were at the st croix above the dam where the sunrise runs in, a 1 ounce jig head was washed away in a moments notice. Wildly high and fast.

LabDaddy1

“We just were at the st croix above the dam where the sunrise runs in, a 1 ounce jig head was washed away in a moments notice. Wildly high and fast.”

Just go to a 2 ounce. Even if the walleyes don’t eat it, they’ll be knocked out and then you can just scoop them up with a net

steelslinger71

I have had 5.96” from about noon Thursday until 5:30 a.m. this morning.Been up since 1:00 a.m. with three pumps running in the basement to keep my furnace and water heater safe. Possibly a lot more coming tonight. A very bad time to be a newly hatched pheasant or turkey down in the Worthington area.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A very bad time to be a newly hatched pheasant or turkey down in the Worthington area.

I was just thinking about that the other day. Pheasant chicks are toast in this monsoon and peak hatch is June 10. Its kind of too bad because with the mild winter and plentiful bugs around, it could have been an incredible hatch. Now, not so much.

JEREMY
    BP

Pheasants need to learn to adapt and nest on higher ground. They are always in the bottom of the ditches by me.

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 661 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.