The TRUTH about the Strikemaster Lithium 40v

• DWSDave31
    Southern WI

I finally feel like I have had enough time using my new Strikemaster in order to give a TRUE review on it with no sugar coating!!!

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

I am kind of curious if anyone ran a 10in auger this season and what kind of performance they got out of it? Anyone that is not a staffer lol No offense guys but I just want some normal hardcore fisherman’s input on the matter! toast

Coleman benn

I used a 10 inch all winter. It works great. Faster than my buddies propane and gas augers. The only time it had trouble is when there was 2 layers of ice with slush between. Just had to lift up on the auger halfway through and it was fine.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Great video! I’m also one of those guys who is hard on my stuff. Let us know how things are at the end of year two. chased

-J.

Ross Gunderson

Great review,

Has anyone tried one on LOTW late season? Does it work well in 40 inches of ice with an extension?

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Great video! I’m also one of those guys who is hard on my stuff. Let us know how things are at the end of year two. chased

-J.

Im hopeful that its just as good at the end of next season! As long as I don’t drop it down some stairs or something in-between now and then lol doah

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Coleman Benn I am really glad to hear that as I really want to pick up another blade for next year in the 10in so I can do some more Laker and Big Pike fishing with confidence!

Cameron white

Great review,

Has anyone tried one on LOTW late season? Does it work well in 40 inches of ice with an extension?

We have 45 plus inches on lake winnipeg. Guys with electrics are having issues with them shutting down( overload protection?), only being able to get a few holes. There are several strikemasters and ions locally having issues now.

AlwaysFishing23

I watched a few guys over the weekend with electric augers and augers with drills. They could only drill a hole or two before there drills shut down or down right drained there battery to dead. I couldn’t imagine having a electric powered auger currently with all the slush and water.

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Good to know about the shutdown issue! I’ll have to look into that or I wonder if one of the IDO guys has an answer for that?

Bob Spitz
    Osage Iowa

I was up on LOTW 2 weeks ago and had absolutely no issues with my Strikemaster 40V. Had an extension and put the battery in a small canvas bag with a hand warmer to keep warm. It was below zero, a lot of ice and many holes with a 8″ auger. To say that I was impressed was an under statement. I pulled a shack and a otter sled behind a snowmobile maybe 20 miles one way to fish each day and anyone that’s been up through the angle this year knows the lake is very rough from all the drifting. All the bouncing the auger experienced in the sled and still runs like it should. A+ rating from my experience as I was a little worried before the trip with switching from gas to electric.

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I watched a few guys over the weekend with electric augers and augers with drills. They could only drill a hole or two before there drills shut down or down right drained there battery to dead. I couldn’t imagine having a electric powered auger currently with all the slush and water.

I drilled quite a few holes this weekend with a 10″ bit through the nastiest slush ice combo ever in Ontario. I wasn’t getting 50 holes per charge, but it was a lot more than 1-2. I would say 20 holes per charge.

kbeck12

I used my 10″ at Winnipeg this weekend and drilled 20 holes on Saturday on one battery. I was maxed out on depth with my 12″ extension but the auger worked really well!

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Well I am thinking I might just have to get that 10in after all!!! Thanks for all the info guys it sounds like I made the right choice switching! Glad I got a backup battery as well lol

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.