The latest greatest climate manipulation

• munchy
    NULL

I’m shocked….

neutral

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Just like in 2009 we have been duped by our government leaders again

Does anyone know whatever happened to those scientists? If that was proven to be true, shouldn’t they have been prosecuted? That would be fraud, wouldn’t it?

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

Yawn. Maybe you shouldn’t get your ‘science’ from a tabloid.

Factcheck: Mail on Sunday’s ‘astonishing evidence’ about global temperature rise

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Guys this is climate science. Science, not politics, there is no reason to manipulate data. coffee

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

As a point of order, The Daily Mail is considered a “tabloid” only in the sense that in its print form, its dimensions are tabloid-sized (17 x 11). In other words, it is not a broadsheet like the Telegraph or the Times. The Mail is a legitimate newspaper and should not be lumped in with the fake news tabloids we have in supermarket checkout lines here in America.

Like all British newspapers, the Daily Mail has a clear political leaning that (unlike our newspapers in America) they do not attempt to hide. The Mail has a clear Conservative political stance and tends to crusade for populist themes. Were it an American paper, the Mail clearly would have endorsed Trump.

Part of the entertainment value of the British newspapers, to me at least, was in looking at how the different papers would cover the same news in very overt and completely different ways. American papers do the same, but they do it by stealth.

Grouse

bigpike

As a point of order, The Daily Mail is considered a “tabloid” only in the sense that in its print form, its dimensions are tabloid-sized (17 x 11). In other words, it is not a broadsheet like the Telegraph or the Times. The Mail is a legitimate newspaper and should not be lumped in with the fake news tabloids we have in supermarket checkout lines here in America.

Like all British newspapers, the Daily Mail has a clear political leaning that (unlike our newspapers in America) they do not attempt to hide. The Mail has a clear Conservative political stance and tends to crusade for populist themes. Were it an American paper, the Mail clearly would have endorsed Trump.

Part of the entertainment value of the British newspapers, to me at least, was in looking at how the different papers would cover the same news in very overt and completely different ways. American papers do the same, but they do it by stealth.

Grouse

so basically what your saying is this is a balance for the left leaning news outlets in this country that pound global warming at all costs down our throats because its part of there agenda

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

so basically what your saying is this is a balance for the left leaning news outlets in this country that pound global warming at all costs down our throats because its part of there agenda

What I’m saying is that the Mail’s article should not be classified as “tabloid news” in the way that most Americans understand the term.

Personally, having lived in the UK on 2 separate occasions, I can say that I also preferred that the newspapers there do not hide their political leanings under an often thin pretense of “objective reporting” as is done here in the US. If you pick up the Daily Telegraph in the UK, you do so understanding that the Telegraph is aligned with the UK’s Conservative party and while they cover the same news as ever other paper, they do so with a clear conservative slant.

I know this is all old school because the importance of newspapers is much-diminished in the internet age, but the point is that I prefer news organizations do not pretend to be “objective” when they are not.

Grouse

castle-rock-clown

All I want to know is where did they hide all the glaciers????

big_g
    Isle, MN

there are glaciers that are “growing” in size… during this warming.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Does anyone know whatever happened to those scientists? If that was proven to be true, shouldn’t they have been prosecuted? That would be fraud, wouldn’t it?

Fraud against who? Prosecuted by whom and for what crimes?

It’s a case of the fox guarding the hen house. Most climatology related entities concluded that the emails were “taken out of context”. Sound familiar?

castle-rock-clown

Where? I’m not talking about seasonal growth, but trends over the onset of the industrial revolution. The simplistic assertion that it got cold and snowed last night is the kind of ignorant logic that only supports agendas and not what is reality.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

there are glaciers that are “growing” in size… during this warming.

Which ones?

castle-rock-clown

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words

Attachments:
    1. tmp_14948-Screenshot_20170206-212845277466502.png

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Correlation and causation.

Here is a picture of a polar bear.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

this one

Fake news. Besides in the picture you can clearly see that the er.. Glacier size… was bigger in years past.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Fraud against who? Prosecuted by whom and for what crimes?

It’s a case of the fox guarding the hen house. Most climatology related entities concluded that the emails were “taken out of context”. Sound familiar?

Falsifying information with intent to profit. Fraud against business who partner with them and governments that fund them.

Prosecuted by who? Why not our own government?

I’m not trying to make any specific point but if this is really happening, they are not only committing fraud on one of the grandest scales but they are intentionally guiding humanity in an unnecessary direction that could lead to bigger problems than the doom and gloom they are suggesting.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Climate Change

Any pictures are lol on climate change. The world is a little old, and any point in time where they had photographs, heck even a dude finger painting it with berry juice is far to new to get conclusive results.

Believe this site shows the results from years of studying glacier cores dating back 400,000yrs and testing for various things. Not end all data, but alot better than fancy pictures of ice.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>
    this one

Fake news. Besides in the picture you can clearly see that the er.. Glacier size… was bigger in years past.

If you take $5 from your left pockets and put $7 in the right, do you just look at the left pocket and say you now have less money?

castle-rock-clown

The article in which you cite itself states there is overall decline in global glacial mass. Why this is happening either natural or man-made made is not what I’m debating, nor am I saying that anything we do or don’t do will have an impact.

Jonesy

I’m pretty much with Arnold on this one. I am paraphrasing here but sometime last year he put up a post that pretty much said lets ignore climate change for a minute. How do you feel about pollution? Don’t you think we should take steps to combat pollution and protect the environment?

Here is a video that sort of captures what he was saying.

One thing I will never understand is how republicans/conservatives claim the majority hunters/outdoors-men (so it seems) yet they seem to never bat an eye when it comes to choosing business profits and outdated energy sources (coal) over protecting and preserving the environment and wild places.

castle-rock-clown

Short of nuclear, everything on this planet…Except for the vegetation during sunlight hours is converting trapped complex carbon into carbon that is released into the atmosphere. Just look at how the dinosaurs “overprossesed” their environment…And how did that work out for them? History has a way of repeating itself. Those that do not research and learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

EW6

The attack against the particulars of global warming science is just a clever distraction from the fact that even if conservatives believed in global warming, they’d be in favor of corporate profits over doing anything about it anyway. It doesn’t take science to understand that Ag runoff and corporate dumping destroy water quality yet conservatives attack clean water and wetland preservation efforts tirelessly.

Bass_attack

conservatives attack clean water and wetland preservation efforts tirelessly.

Really? They do?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

and it is officially getting interesting!
    Hold tight while I get some beer, and popcorn. Usually I like global warming threads to peak on a Friday night but I’ll take a Tuesday.

castle-rock-clown

Peak, glaciers are receading at a record pace since they have been cronicaled in modern times…From their peak during the ice age several thousand years ago. One might say at the current pace, things are really going down the drain, literally.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 145 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.