The Heat

• Jimmy Jones

The air is thick today. Thermometer says 84 but this humidity is something else.

I was just checking the Duluth site’s camera down on Canal Park. People wearing jackets with the wind coming off the lake. 67 degrees there. Now if the wind would blow a little harder maybe we’ could get some of that lake effect cooling down here.

JEREMY
    BP

Picked corn this morning truck said 69 degrees not a damn breeze it was miserable. I bet I lost 5lbs.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

doah i hear ya Jimmy……its butt ugly out there!!!!!:???:

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Standin in SC lookin into NC.
    87 here but in the shade drinking Coronas aint too bad. toast

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1871-scaled.jpeg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Standin in SC lookin into NC.
    87 here but in the shade drinking Coronas aint too bad. toast

doah you sure are a glutton for punishment EPG!!!!!! rotflol

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

The air is thick today. Thermometer says 84 but this humidity is something else.

I was just checking the Duluth site’s camera down on Canal Park. People wearing jackets with the wind coming off the lake. 67 degrees there. Now if the wind would blow a little harder maybe we’ could get some of that lake effect cooling down here.

The summer that I lived in Duluth was the best. Hot and humid, head toward the lake. Cooler days, head uphill. No AC? No problem!

ThunderLund78

I bet it makes for some awesome sea smoke on Superior.

MX1825

EPG I thought your new hangout spot was in Indiana? Your GPS broke?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Even the windows were sweating this morning. I am working outside for charity all day today…and by working I mean golfing. Gonna take some effort to stay hydrated. toast

Jimmy Jones

12:20pm.

Balmy. Notice the 99%relative humidity?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1804-scaled.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Or the 84 degree dewpoint?! Good god

Jimmy Jones

I wonder where the wind is? We don’t need a breeze…we need go solid wind.

And the temp just went up to 101.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Hope you’re drinking plenty of “water” BW! toast Sounds like the heat could bring some good thunderstorm action this afternoon.

Jimmy Jones

Hope you’re drinking plenty of “water” BW! toast Sounds like the heat could bring some good thunderstorm action this afternoon.

Bring on the rain. We need it!

Lots of water and lots of water with propel sticks added. I alternate….bottle of water, bottle of propel, water, propel. Did 5 of each yesterday and will maybe hit a dozen today. Then maybe a really cold beer tonight while the 10 news is on.

And gim….. the dewpoint is only 77. The 84 is in the room this unit sits in.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

We sure did, and were wiped out by the end of the round. We were outside basically from 11-5 yesterday, and I can’t remember such an oppressive heat. I think a few groups quit midround bc of it actually. By the last holes we were not very dialed in that’s for sure! rotflol Finished the scramble at The Royal -8, which was good for like 8th place or something like that. -17 won, and I think John Hoyer’s group was second at -16. Both of them have some D1 or former D1 golfers I guess.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.