The Frying Pan River – Gold Medal Water

• Tyler Thimsen

We finally fished the Frying Pan River!!

After staying up all night, we left early and got to the Frying Pan River Toilet Bowl about 30 minutes before first light🌄 The temps were 40 degrees when we started fishing and there was little to no wind as well!

The action was slow, so we decided to hit several spots along the river instead. The area is changing colors so it was a bonus being in that beautiful setting all morning.

Come watch the fun morning of fishing, as we land some beautiful colored trout and I fall in and fill my waders with very cold water🥶😱😂

Attachments:
    1. FryingPan10.jpg

2. FryingPan9.jpg

3. FryingPan7.jpg

4. FryingPan6.jpg

5. FryingPan5.jpg

6. FryingPan3.jpg

7. FryingPan1.jpg

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

The Frying Pan is a beautiful river. If you have not fished the Miracle Mile, I’d highly suggest it.

Tyler Thimsen

The Frying Pan is a beautiful river. If you have not fished the Miracle Mile, I’d highly suggest it.

Sorry been out fishing all weekend. I had plans to do that this fall but will most likely wait until next Spring now. Travel plans really got messed up this year due to a multitude of reasons.

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

I’ve fished it awesome river all the way up to Ruedi Reservoir…the gold medal section of the river flows west for 14 miles to the Roaring Fork river by Basalt, Co…Ruedi has camping and trout fishing small fish but lots of action…elk roam up here and small deer also.. Big Lake trout in the winter if you can make it up .. Neat area….

mann4ducks

Brown dog
    Did you fish the mile with a guide or self. I have friends that have floated and stated the guides hold the holes for the next guide boat. I am thinking of floating the mile my wife loves to float but bless here heart all she can do is spin in a circle so I need to float and hook to be able to fish much. From watching vids on winter fishing the mile using streamers.

Tyler
    You are doing a great job with your pics would make Great Wall decor. Hopefully we continue to get moisture this fall and winter.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

Brown dog
    Did you fish the mile with a guide or self. I have friends that have floated and stated the guides hold the holes for the next guide boat. I am thinking of floating the mile my wife loves to float but bless here heart all she can do is spin in a circle so I need to float and hook to be able to fish much. From watching vids on winter fishing the mile using streamers.

We fished the mile without a guide, but it has been 5+ years since I have been there. I would have a hard time playing that guide game if that is true, but that is just me.

Tyler Thimsen

I’ve fished it awesome river all the way up to Ruedi Reservoir…the gold medal section of the river flows west for 14 miles to the Roaring Fork river by Basalt, Co…Ruedi has camping and trout fishing small fish but lots of action…elk roam up here and small deer also.. Big Lake trout in the winter if you can make it up .. Neat area….

I couldn’t agree more, it’s a great area up there!! Lots of views and good fishing. We fished the reservoir itself last Fall and caught a stringer full of fish for some tourists that were having some issues catching anything…We’re hoping to get up there and go after some lakers this Winter!!

Tyler Thimsen

Brown dog
    Tyler
    You are doing a great job with your pics would make Great Wall decor. Hopefully we continue to get moisture this fall and winter.

Thank you very much😀 Ya it would be really nice if we did. I can’t remember a Summer where we had this much rain, in a long time…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.