The Fall of Minneapolis movie

• CaptainMusky

My wife and I sat down to watch an episode of Designated Survivor on Netflix last night. As it was getting going I mentioned that I watched The Fall of Mpls which she had never even heard of. I shared some of the key points about how we were withheld information or flat out lied to and she said “why hasnt the media told us this”? I told her you know the reason because it doesnt fit what they wanted to happen. She went on to say someone had to be held responsible for Floyds death, I said well in the movie you can clearly see he had swallowed a bunch of pills, the autopsy confirmed he had a lethal dose of fetanyl in his system and the restraint used was a formal approved technique by MPD with proven documentation shared in the movie, but all was denied and lied on the stand by the police chief. She then said well they should have tried to help Floyd. I said they called for an ambulance within 3 or 4 minutes of detaining him. The one arresting officer was performing CPR on him as well when he went into arrest. Of course none of this footage was allowed in the trial or previously seen by the public. This is when she left the room in disgust.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I said they called for an ambulance within 3 or 4 minutes of detaining him.

From what I remember it was 39 seconds into the arrest the officers called a “Code 3” to get EMS there.

CaptainMusky

Dan I believe you are right it was really quick.

stout93
    Becker MN

So why did the judge refuse to allow the MRT picture to be presented at the trial?

Did the defense call other LE as witnesses to state Yes, the MRT is taught as part of their training? I have to assume they did.

When the Chief stated on the stand that he was not aware of the technique that Chauvin was using and it isn’t a part of their training, was he more or less saying that the ‘way’ Chauvin was using it was not proper? i.e. he was interpreting it as Chauvin being on his neck instead of shoulder, hence he’s saying that is not how they’re trained.

Why did the producers not reach out to the Chief (or others)? Usually documentaries like this will state they reached out to folks and they declined. I didn’t see they did that.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I 100% agree with your last paragraph. I think it’s a great documentary that shows a lot but it leaves a big gaping hole by not at least attempting to reach out for clarification. Nowadays you see a lot of “so and so was asked for comment but declined” or “we reached out to so and so and as of this airing have not received a response.”

Beast

after watching it, my first thoughts were the wrong 3 are in prison, it should be Walzs, Frey, and Ellifson. at the very least there should be a retrial. wonder if there will be any backlash as more people see it.

Timmy

My gut feel is that regardless of what happens, Chauvin will never see a day of freedom again. If a retrial even happens, he will get killed in prison. I doubt he will be alive at this time next yr, as he is a marked man.

jwellsy

John Cooper (Skillet) has a new book out titled ‘Wimpy, Weak & Woke – How Truth Can Save America From Utopian Destruction.’

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Here is an other view of the happening.
    FLOYD

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Here is an other view of the happening.
    FLOYD

Very interesting. Looks like it’s making an impact.

big_g
    Isle, MN

They even admit, Chauvin may be innocent of murder, but they will NEVER admit they railroaded him… all these groups out there, working to free innocent people in prison.. some released after 20 years in prison and this is a slam dunk. A re-trial and Chauvin is free.. but it won’t happen because ??? I will say it.. he is too white and a ex-cop.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

just watched that documentary……..JUST WOW!!!!!! doah coffee smash

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Got the book now to read. waytogo

Attachments:
    1. 20231220_141602-scaled.jpg

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Got the book now to read. waytogo

“I have not seen it,” Ellison said (of the movie). “My opinion is that it’s not factually based … I think that it is partisan propaganda.”

CaptainMusky

“I have not seen it,” Ellison said (of the movie). “My opinion is that it’s not factually based … I think that it is partisan propaganda.”

Serious question, does this surprise you that he said that? YOu know damn well he watched it.

big_g
    Isle, MN

And he knows they are guilty of framing an innocent cop (cops) and martyring a crackhead.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Hard Water Fan wrote:</div>

Serious question, does this surprise you that he said that? YOu know damn well he watched it.

No I am not surprised.

basseyes

Watched it and sent a link to a retired leo friend with a warning on keeping the blood pressure meds handy if he decides too watch it.

What a sad deal. Grew up in ne mpls. Not sure how cities all over the country fix what is so broken. Hard to not at least address what the controlling politicians have done, are doing and will keep doing.

Really liked Bush Jr. Voted for him twice and have been very vocal about how much his terms were ruled with reducing taxes and increasing spending. Tax cuts like a republican and spent like a democrat. Put in the patriot act and flushed away my attitude towards republicans. Unhooked any affiliation to any party. Both sides are guilty of, my guy/gal/pronoun can do no wrong.

What transpired in mpls can not be ignored with just a simple, well both sides suck.

What is happening and has been a historical problem in urban areas is not getting better. It’s getting worse. The controlling party in urban areas in many cases is doubling and tripling down on horrible policies. At some point something will happen that’ll close cities down across the country worse than the riots mpls dealt with. With urban areas and politicians being frozen with fear and impotent to do anything. Fear will lead to a police state and a rule of law that will do nothing but escalate things to a level that is un-bridgeable to get back to anything resembling normalcy.

Fact is the far right does some utterly horrible things.

That does not mitigate the fact this case had a lot of very horrible things that are unavoidably biased and disturbing. No matter how bad the other side is, it’s not an instant trump card to ignore this case for what it is on its own merit.

Sad all the way around and defines ignorance. Taking accountability for one’s own actions and looking at things with any kind of objectivity is lost on so many levels from so many people.

With all that said, am still a little leery of Liz Collins. She’s a good reporter, just hard not to be skeptical with who her husband is and the accusations against him.

This country needs something that both parties lack. Blind loyalty, to either party, is idiotic. But at some point the party that is and has been in control of most urban areas might want to do something refreshing like take a long look in the mirror. What is being done is not working. And if it is working, the agenda is crystal clear.

Sad deal.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s not hard to recognize what the country needs, it’s two words.

Common Sense

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Ellision won’t watch it. That way he can avoid answering any questions it my generate.

Dan
    Southeast MN

basseyes, that was an extremely great and intelligent post, quite possibly one of the best regarding politics or current events I’ve seen on this site.

MX1825

Very good post basseyes.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

ive read the first 50 pages of the book already. hard to put down. that documentary just hits the high spots from what i’ve read.

regarding Liz Collins….from what i’ve read so far she’s pointing out alot of things omitted from the public…..and i’ve always respected her news reporting. as she says in her opening this basiclly was the last time she anchored WWCO news broadcast.

in those first 50 pages she went into detail what her husband went through in length. it was damned whatever he did as i see it!!!!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I was born and raised in the 3rd precinct. I grew up with friends that were Cops there. My family has a business there that was looted.
    The city I loved growing up in BURNED and the mayor and governor let it burn and they re-elected them. That’s sad!

Basseyes –
    What are you “leery of”? The truth?
    It’s hard to dispute what the x-cops that were interviewed had to say.

George Floyd was a convicted felon and this world is better off with him not here PERIOD!

Now look at what Hennepin county has as their attorney Mary Morairty, are you kidding me? Convicted Felons drag a Officer down the street and she does nothing. WTF?

Start treating criminals like criminals.

If you watched the video, you can see how GF new the game and played the game. You cannot dispute that. Nothing “leery” there.

It saddens me profoundly when I have to drive through the neighborhood where I grew up in. Makes me cry.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Yes, Liz Collins made all these cops lie.. she doctored the training manuals. She force fed george the pills.. she silenced the first coroner report and fudged the familys coroner report. And this was well written.. I fell dumber having read it. Innocent people do not belong in jail, no matter how bad you want to paint minneapolis as racist and the cops killers, to further your political carreer. Wake TF up people.

JEREMY
    BP

You want the truth? You cant handle the truth!

Yes, Liz Collins made all these cops lie.. she doctored the training manuals. She force fed george the pills.. she silenced the first coroner report and fudged the familys coroner report

glenn57
    cold spring mn

almost sorry i brought his back to life!!!! doah

all i’m going to add is.if you havent seen the documentary and read the book its astounding the stuff we never heard before. the book is very detailed and i’m 3/4 of the way through it. i’m not dure how someone can make an opinion without seeing both sides……and as for COLLIN, yea she is married to Kroll. but from my persective its pretty up front facts she put in the book. the interviews with the cops at the time….yea right she made them rehearse lines!!!!!!! coffee coffee ???

Timmy

One of the most alarming comments regarding this is the keith ellison remark that he didnt see it, wont see it, but has a very strong opinion of it regardless.

That really bugs me.

I didn’t see it, but i know it is false. WTF????

We deserve what we elect.

CaptainMusky

One of the most alarming comments regarding this is the keith ellison remark that he didnt see it, wont see it, but has a very strong opinion of it regardless.

That really bugs me.

I didn’t see it, but i know it is false. WTF????

We deserve what we elect.

Sadly outstate people didnt elect who is in office its the sheep in the metro.

big_g
    Isle, MN

The same guy who beat up his girlfriend and then lied about it. Hard to believe he would be corrupt. coffee

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.